Reasons for WR at 19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I could be wrong, too. But, unless one of the big three falls into their laps and/or Cooper Kupp is done and we don't know it yet, I don't think the Rams in the WR business at #19.

And my judgement could be clouded because I go to the Bill Parcells Bigger is Better School.
Tavon Austin, Tutu Atwell. Lamarcus Joyner on defense. Enough. Especially in the early rounds.
I attended the same school. Logic would say if LT is there they take him above everything else. Then Edge. Then Corner. Certainly we would not get to WR. But you never know with the Rams. I think McVay may have that priority very high, especially if there is concern with Kupp.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the Rams go after a WR at 19 either but since FA hasn't started yet, we just don't know what they are planning. When I said I'd go for Legette, definitely didn't mean at 19 tho :laugh1:
We've been told though they went after Mike Evans or had the intention of going for him. That signals a pretty big desire to add a WR.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I compare it to Desean Jackson. Jackson was around a similar weight and frame at an older age (5'9", 169 lbs., twenty-two years old, compared to Worthy being 5'11", 165 lbs. and he won't turn twenty-one until late April).

Wouldn't you take a faster, younger, more head-on-straight version of Desean Jackson?
Yes, however, every undersized WR is comped to DJax (including our own Tutu). How many of them have ended up as good or even close to as productive? DJax is an outlier, not the normal. I really don't have too much of an issue with his valuation at 2.19, but anywhere in the first and we seem to be flirting with the hand that already bit us (very recently).

dang

Legend
Him and Tutu are two completely different animals. Tutu falls down if someone breathes on him. That's like comparing a reindeer to a rabbit.

Franklin has length and catch radius on the perimeter. He has real juice. He isn't shy underneath either, he will catch and convert chains. In fact given the way the Ducks worked the underneath there is extensive film of him doing that. He checks a lot of boxes that accentuate our offense, shit we need.

These are game highlights, not as good as cutups but at least it's one game:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga-4LPqGKM0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ju61z8SwEQ

There appears to be 8-10 WR1/WR2 receivers in this draft. I believe the Rams go for one of them. Where depends on how bad McVay wants his new toy.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I’ve seen Pearsall rated as low as 4th round. But I agree that it seems a true field stretcher would be a nice compliment. I don’t know if McVay does. But we all know that Stafford historically has had some taller receivers. The Rams interest in Mike Evans would indicate that maybe they are thinking the same as you. If they took one early I’d lean AD Mitchell. In round 2 maybe Leggette.

But there are a lot of options in middle rounds.

What are your thoughts on Jalynn Polk who played in the shadow of Odunze at Washington?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know much about Xavier Legette but he looks like a stud in that video. The next question is he a good and able blocker?

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Okay, you’ve convinced me. I want the Rams to give this guy a shot. I want to root for him.
I’m not gonna lie the more I look into this guy and the more I think about how he would fit in with the Rams. I’m feeling the same way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What are your thoughts on Jalynn Polk who played in the shadow of Odunze at Washington?
He’s got good hands, body control., wingspan, and he runs routes well. I don’t think he will be great at separating on longer routes. He’s not fast enough. He’d be a good short to mid range target that can go across the middle all day.

I like him. McVay may be looking for that type of receiver, with Kupp’s injury concerns. I’ve seen him projected to the middle of round two. Who knows how much the Rams value him. One guy on a podcast said he sees Mohammed Sanu in Polk. I think that’s a good comparison. He’s got strong hands and is a physical blocker and gets yac. But he won’t be a great separator. Stafford really can thread the needle, so that may not be much of an issue.

If they like him, then I think about potential production. He will be better than Tutu and Van were for the Rams and they were late second rounders. He’s a good scheme fit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We've been told though they went after Mike Evans or had the intention of going for him. That signals a pretty big desire to add a WR.
If that is true then they're after that X role who can stretch the field. Assuming that's the case you have a good chance to be right because those guys are best found as early as possible.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
And he chooses to draft an OG later than the 2nd round. And he doesn't pay OG's at all. And then there's Tutu Atwell in the 2nd round. And our whole history argument goes up in smoke? McVay also has never had a 1st round pick so nobody has any clue what he'll do in the 1st round this year if we even keep the pick.

He had one and traded down. That was when we got Taylor Rapp in the 2nd… but he did have one…

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Completely agreed, Kupp and even Puka can’t be trusted. I like the wr from Oregon, dude makes plays.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I don't think we would have locked in Robinson so soon if we were planning on drafting a WR at 19. I mean it's not like we haven't had some success drafting WRs after that.

I just don't see it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He used it on draft day and traded down for more picks.
he's never picked a player in the first round. Sorry apparently I'm not explaining this well enough. Trading a player is using a pick sure but it's not picking a player. I thought this was common sense I'm sorry.