Rd 1, pick 19, Rams Select EDGE/DL Jared Verse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Between Verse, Agent Zero, and The Conductor, opposing QBs and RBs will find little room to hide. The RamPage! will be officially on come Week One!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Meant this to be in this thread……

Anyone else notice in 9 years we had 2 #1 picks……………..both named Jared

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Right- it’s nearly 4am here and I’ve got work at nine o’clock.

I wish you all a lovely evening; I’m off to bed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From Bob McGinn talks with scouts

2. JARED VERSE, Florida State (6-4, 259, 4.58, 1): Transferred after three seasons from FCS Albany, which was his only scholarship opportunity in spring 2019. “Hard-charging, tough motherf’er,” one scout said. “Gonna be the loudest guy on the field. He went from the little pond to the big pond and it didn’t affect him.” Recorded 10 ½ sacks as a starter at Albany in 2021 before registering 18 in 25 games (22 starts) for the Seminoles. “He has a zero chance you’ll miss on him if he stays healthy,” a second scout said. “He’s steady eddie, similar to the Texas kid (Byron Murphy). He’s not as fast as he ran at the combine because I think he dropped a lot of weight to run that 40 time. He was 254 and ran (4.58). Realistically, he’s a 265-pound guy that will run 4.7, which is plenty good. He’s an ***-kicker. Only thing he doesn’t have that’s a little concerning is he can’t win with just a straight fastball. He’s got to set up his rush on the outside to win. Whether it’s a counter, his hand use, a grab and jerk … you like those guys that win all three ways. Whether it’s just bursting off the edge and bending, going through with power or inside counter. He’s got 2 ½. Great kid.” Finished with 162 tackles (50 ½ for loss), 32 ½ sacks, two forced fumbles and five passes defensed. “The talent, you’ve seen better, but it’s still really good,” a third scout said. “Now you add this guy’s edge and it’s why people are really latching onto this guy. You need guys on your team like that. You need physicality on your roster.” Arms were 33 ½, hands were 9 7/8. His 31 reps on the bench led the position. “Not a top talent but I like the way he played,” a fourth scout said. “He’s rugged. Got a lot of energy. Against the run, he’s got some jolt and energy to him. As a pass rusher, he’s not really a guy trying to beat you off the edge with moves. He’s more, ‘I’m gonna keep coming with second effort.’ Really good at stunts. He’s got a little bit of power, too. He brings it all the time and wears people out. That (Clay Matthews) is a good kind of comparison.” From Berwick, Pa.
He's a dog. Sort of guy who will go to war against San Francisco. Clear that McVay and Snead got tired of being a finesse team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pops was a Marine. What's funny is when they showed the family I thought to myself well his parents look squared away, which is another good sign.

Can't say enough about this pick. Feels to me like things fell our way.
And no sunglasses! :ROFLMAO:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch Verse in his last 2 games of the season. Dude was a wrecker