Ray McDonald (49ers) domestic violence

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It happens. Usually it happens because the organization already knows it is true. It may not be enough for a conviction but that happens a lot in DV cases too.

I think it's more because it's begun to be a pattern of police investigations of domestic violence and now possible sexual assault...I think it's a case of thinking that when the smoke begins to get really thick, you can almost be assured that there is a fire...I could be wrong, but in this case I doubt it...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think it's more because it's begun to be a pattern of police investigations of domestic violence and now possible sexual assault...I think it's a case of thinking that when the smoke begins to get really thick, you can almost be assured that there is a fire...I could be wrong, but in this case I doubt it...
Maybe but when you are dealing with franchises run by billionaires, a phone call or two can get them more info than the cops will ever hope to gather.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Bet they wouldn't have cut him if they were still in the Playoff hunt!

Talk about no moral compass...

This is the perfect example of an empty gesture and Ray McDonald has every right to feel used. Not that I feel sorry for him.

That said, the 9ers woulda rode his ass all the way through the playoffs if that's what it took making excuses all the way.

Integrity in the sports world seems more rare than an undefeated season...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

This is the perfect example of an empty gesture and Ray McDonald has every right to feel used. Not that I feel sorry for him.

That said, the 9ers woulda rode his ass all the way through the playoffs if that's what it took making excuses all the way.

Especially when it comes to one of our long time nemeses. :cool:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I don't know if that's true, something tells me this was a last straw kind of thing and even if they were in the playoffs this was just too much to deal with.

fearsomefour

Legend
Eliminated from playoff contention and then cut.
Not unrelated at all. Their management is a mess. They did well with draft picks that lead to their success, that run appears to be over.
We will see how great of a coach Harbaby is in Oakland next year.
I will bet McDonald goes to NE.
Seems he fits right in with the patriot way.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Report: Ray McDonald’s agent says no charges to be filed in latest case
Posted on March 5, 2015 by Cam Inman
By Cam Inman and Tracey Kaplan

Ray McDonald will not be charged by Santa Clara County prosecutors regarding a sexual-assault allegation that led to his release from the 49ers in December, according to a letter his agent reportedly has issued to all NFL teams.

A source familiar with the investigation confirmed that McDonald will not be charged. However, authorities are still investigating whether to charge another player — whose identity has not been revealed — with sexually touching the woman after she passed out at the get-together at McDonald’s house.

Prosecutors, in a statement, said: “The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office has made no decision on the most recent Ray McDonald matter. When the investigation is complete, this office will release our findings publicly or through publicly filed charges.”
McDonald’s legal team allegedly was told that no charges would be filed even though the District Attorney’s Office has not fully completed its process, the NFL Network reported Thursday.

McDonald also wasn’t charged after prosecutors investigated an Aug. 31 domestic-abuse arrest at his home. That investigation took over two months, during which McDonald started every game for the 49ers.

An eight-year veteran and fourth-year starter, McDonald was released Dec. 17 by the 49ers, with general manager Trent Baalke citing McDonald’s history of “poor decisions.”

It remains highly unlikely that the 49ers would re-sign McDonald, even more so after Thursday’s two-year deal with former Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett. Also, the 49ers return young backups in Tank Carradine, Quinton Dial and Tony Jerod-Eddie, the latter having started the final two games of 2014 in place of McDonald.

--------------