Ray McDonald (49ers) domestic violence

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@newsdamian: BREAKING: Sources: #49ers DL Ray McDonald popped for domestic violence. Confirming with Niners. @MaioccoCSN

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Oh, I thought you were Torry Holting me for a second and thought Ray Ray was the guy who got popped for domestic violence.

This is a 6 game suspension now, by the way.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
10620697_10152727133013203_6335277527182435920_n (1).jpg

markstewart67

Rookie
I don't see why the 6 game suspension has to take place next year. He should be suspended for the 6 games as soon as the investigation is over. Who cares if the season is about to start. smh.
GO RAMS!!!

A55VA6

Legend
And apparently the victim is pregnant. Goodell cited pregnant victims as criteria for harsher punishment.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If it turns out to be true, aren't their new rules in place; 1st offense is a year long ban, 2nd is a lifetime? Or is that not for this year?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Close
BwYJnNfCQAA84Su.jpg:large

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It's horrible enough to beat a woman, but only the lowliest scum on Earth beat a pregnant woman. This guy deserves a lengthy amount of jail time if this is true, not just a suspension.

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
I know it's the hated 49ers and it's a heinous crime but we should probably wait to pass judgment until more facts are available. There are women who target professional athletes and with the new penalties announced by the commissioner their leverage has increased.

I'm certainly not saying anyone is not-guilty but I do remember when Steven Jackson was accused of domestic violence but her story didn't hold up. There are other cases as well.

Tom

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I thought they were talking about TJ McDonald's dad. I was thinking "He's not even in the NFL anymore. Dudes old. Goodell going after players Dad's now?" :ROFLMAO:

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
If it turns out to be true, aren't their new rules in place; 1st offense is a year long ban, 2nd is a lifetime? Or is that not for this year?

Found the article on NFL.com:

McDonald's arrest could eventually lead to an extended absence from the Niners. Last week, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced a significant change to the league's Personal Conduct Policy in regard to domestic violence. There is now a mandatory six-game suspension for a first domestic violence offense and banishment from the league for a second offense, with the possibility to petition for reinstatement after a year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It will be longer than 6 games.

"A six-game suspension would be without pay and the length of the penalty could increase in these cases: an employee was involved in a prior incident before joining the NFL; violence involving a weapon; choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman; or in the presence of a child"

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
wouldn't surprise me if they release him because of the escalators... McDonald could be looking at least as many games as Aldon Smith or more and how many guys can they carry who can't play? Granted, suspended guys don't count against the roster, but they do against the cap...

Also, considering the ink is barely dry on Goodell's letter and if there's ONE thing Goodell hates, it's player's who disrespect him or his office... I expect him to be especially harsh.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 12 game or even a year suspension... because of the pregnancy. Goodell will REALLY want to set the tone with this one... the harsher the better in order the send a message. And I don't think we'll have to wait too long to get his ruling on it, either...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Found the article on NFL.com:

McDonald's arrest could eventually lead to an extended absence from the Niners. Last week, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced a significant change to the league's Personal Conduct Policy in regard to domestic violence. There is now a mandatory six-game suspension for a first domestic violence offense and banishment from the league for a second offense, with the possibility to petition for reinstatement after a year.

Well there ya go. Thanks.

KeithA39

UDFA
On one of the niners boards, a poster claimed that the reported victim showed police bruises on her throat and arms. Don't know if this is true or verified, but...

Given that the other 49ers might have been present and that Harbaugh has apparently stated that he has an open door policy to discuss any problems players might have gotten themselves into, with the exception of domestic violence, then the situation might indeed be troubling to the team. I have a feeling that the players involved would be much less inclined to cover up what happened to their coach than the police.

Last edited: