Ravens experimenting with two-QB sets to get Lamar Jackson on the field more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the way to handle LJ is to coach him up to use the pocket to prolong his career. I hate the way teams leverage a QB's athletic ability to squeeze wins now over trying to develop them to be something more. Running for first downs on a routine basis to prolong drives early in one's career is a great way to shorten said career.

You draft a QB for the next decade when you take them in the draft. Sit his ass and make him learn before you start trotting him out there and letting his head get too big.

tempests

Hall of Fame
In other news, didn't the Rams alternate QBs every other game one year in the 60's out the 50's? Where is someone really old?

Rams platooned Norm Van Brocklin and Bob Waterfield and sometimes played both in the same game, including the 1951 championship.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Rams platooned Norm Van Brocklin and Bob Waterfield and sometimes played both in the same game, including the 1951 championship.
We won that one right? Still more of an anomaly than a recipe.

Edit because I'm a jerk: Thank you @tempests . I appreciate you stepping in with the knowledge there. Learn us young (ish) guys some Rams history.

Last edited: