Ranking of our issues this year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Problem with the Rams this year is? (In order of impact to our decline).

• 1. O-Line, McVay ,Goff, Wade, Talent

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • 2. McVay, O-Line, Goff, Wade, Talent

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • 3 - Goff, O-line, Wade, McVay, Talent

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • 4 - Wade, Goff, O-Line, Talent, McVay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - Talent, McVay, O-Line, Goff, Wade

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 6 Superbowl hangover, none of the above, Refs, Trump, Supermodel girlfriends, None of the above

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

Ram77

Rookie
Where is the option of Oline coach??
1) Oline Coach
2) Oline talent
3) Gurleys knee
4) McVay being Martz
5) Goff missing reads/open throws/not sensing blindside pressure

Capitaino

UDFA
1. Goff - not many teams can win with a QB's whose QBR is around 20th in the league
2. Cap Management. This is why the o line stinks. There's not enough $$$$s to go buy a good center or a good guard because the team is paying Goff and Gurley.
3. McVay. He's the offensive mind, it's up to him to figure out something that works. He has elite skill position weapons, but a mediocre QB/o line.
4. Defense - i think dumping Peters for Ramsey has made the defense alot better.

issues 1/2 going to be issues for the next 3 seasons though.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am making my own

1) Wedding/Reception Plans
2) Veronika texting McVay about Wedding/Reception Plans during the game
3) Christen
4) Christen texting Goff asking him when he is going to propose during the game

Ok - maybe all of these should be in blue font

5) Christen texting Goff photos of the dress she's gonna wear to the party that night.
6) Goff thinking about her legs wrapped around his shoulders later that night. This is all young guys think about.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok going beyond the OL (which is obviously the major part of our problems)...

1. OL youth, inconsistency, and injuries
----
Huge drop here
----
2. Gurley arthritic knee and touch count and none of the backs taking up his slack
3. CB play pre-trade
4. Coaching staff slow to sit guys for poor performance
5. GZ miss in Sheattle (it was of monumental impact to our season)

Honestly it's amazing we have a winning record still.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I've noticed our guys creating more penalties more frequently this year compared to the past two. And I've noticed more times than not it will be when we convert a 3rd down or just start moving the ball in general then boom penalty by an OL.

When our defense stops the other team on 3rd down (usually within the first few set of downs) and then boom penalty on us for whatever reason automatic first down. I cant stand that.

On offense that usually leads to us needing 15-20 yards to get the first but we lose what little momentum we had so we have to punt.

On defense it leads to the other team driving mid way across the field where we've been getting them stopped but only for them to pin us within 10-15 yard from our endzone.

Little issues like this one that if corrected can make a big difference.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I picked 2. McVay has to adjust. So many teams right now have oline issues including the one we just played. He has to adjust his offense and call plays to have Goff get rid of the ball quicker and commit to the run.

I believe McVay could be the next great coach in this league, but if he dont start making some adjustments based on how the oline issues we have he might end up being nothing more than a flash in the pan....He seems to smart to let this happen though.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
I see the problem being the O-Line. Goff is not Russell Wilson and can't scramble and make plays like that. And Epstein didn't kill himself.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
1. Oline, McVay, Susan Summers, Jaco Pastorius
NOT Jaco
suzanne-somers-in-ruffle-camisole-photo-u2

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
all kidding aside, I chose #1, though I would modify to:

1. Oline, McVay not adapting to the adaptions, The mystery of Gurley, defensive inconsistency.

I would say Goff, but I believe he would be much better with A, B and C worked out.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It all starts with the o-line. Then carries over to Goff. Which in turns leads to McVay. The line is the biggest problem. But Goff ain't doing himself any favors with the turnovers. Accuracy isn't what it was last year either.

And McVay isn't patient enough with the run game. Gurley gets no 4th quarter touches in a one score game. The run/pass ratio is not very balanced. Trying to win a hard fought defensive battle by running and playing the field position game is not in in McVay's DNA. That is why its hard to beat these low scoring defensive teams.