Ranking of our issues this year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Problem with the Rams this year is? (In order of impact to our decline).

• 1. O-Line, McVay ,Goff, Wade, Talent

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • 2. McVay, O-Line, Goff, Wade, Talent

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • 3 - Goff, O-line, Wade, McVay, Talent

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • 4 - Wade, Goff, O-Line, Talent, McVay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - Talent, McVay, O-Line, Goff, Wade

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 6 Superbowl hangover, none of the above, Refs, Trump, Supermodel girlfriends, None of the above

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

LFMako

UDFA
Name
Sandy
We are what our records says we are - average. Interested in thoughts on how you'd rank our issues based on 2018 to 2019 regression.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see the option for just the O-Line. It is the root of all of our problems.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
The problems START and END with McVay. There is enough talent on this team to have an average offense with a poor O-line, with the proper game planning. An average offense would have gave us a 2 touchdown win yesterday.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I don't see McVay as a problem. Yes he gets pass happy, but our offense actually plays better up tempo and most of that is passing. I think our Oline is having problems. And while Gurley ran the ball well yesterday, he sure takes plays off quickly. (had 2 runs back to back of 8 yards or so. Took himself out. Offense stalled...and I won't even bring up how his receiving skills have diminished….). Our defense held Pittsburgh to "10 points" (yes the knee hit the ground before the toe....). And we scored more than that. Our talent is fine. Our kids (O-Line) need quality reps, that will take time to pull things together. I'm sure this will be dismissed by those who believe you can simply insert someone into a spot that is less than stellar and it gets better....they will continue to be disappointed...

Last year went like a dream. Even our injuries, worked to give veterans, needed time off. This year. It's a grind as we are the hunted now. We will get it together. Might not be this year....but we will.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
have you seen goff and mcvay's girl friends its no wonder they can't spend the time they need to on football.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's hard to rank the issues when every component is highly influenced by other variables.

McVay could be making Goff look worse than he is, or vice versa.

Goff could be making the O-Line look worse than they are, or the O-Line could be messing with Goffs ability. Or maybe they are both negatively affecting each other.

Synergy in sport is a powerful thing. A good QB, and a good O-Line make each other look better. Add a good coach in to the mix, and you're cooking on gas.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Closest option is #1.

Agree. I would flip "Wade" and "talent" ... Wade is pretty much not a problem this year. There were a few bad games, but even those you could chalk up to him not having the required talent to run his defense. Once Ramsey came in, he had what he needed.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
can't choose any because Wade is definitely not a problem .
I'm making my own
Oline-1a
Goff-1b

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I voted OLine/McVay.
I posted this in the vent thread last nite.

Clearly the offense was built around the run game and PA pass. That was the identity and the rhythm method that worked so well. Now the OLine isn't good enough to support that. Period.

Even if TGIII is done it shouldn't matter all that much if the OLine could still function. We have other backs who can run and catch, as well as a good QB and quality receivers and TE's.

McV's offense just isn't working with a bad OLine. Most don't. However, so far any attempts to find an offensive identity that can be successful with bad OLine play have failed.

Like others have mentioned, i think he's got to mix in a balanced run game with a quicker passing philosophy.

Even when the run game struggles (which it has and will continue to with sub par blocking)....find a way to establish rhythm by just moving the chains more deliberately and only take the chunk plays when they come instead of forcing it.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The OL Snead put together is the main problem. A hundred year old LT and some jags doesn't get you back to the SB or even the playoffs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OL is the problem. Anyone who thinks you can be a genius OC or a Hall of Fame QB or a stud RB without an OL has not watched enough football or simply refuses to pay attention.

Rams will fix the OL this offseason and a lot of the "problems" people think we have will suddenly become strengths once again.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Les Snead with perhaps direct orders from Demoff/Kroenke seems to be driving us into the toilet. anyone else sick of 2 decent years followed by a decade of garbage football?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think it's really just the o line. I don't believe that anything else isn't something that wouldn't have been worked out through a 9 game win streak if the o line was stout.

Tano

Legend
I am making my own

1) Wedding/Reception Plans
2) Veronika texting McVay about Wedding/Reception Plans during the game
3) Christen
4) Christen texting Goff asking him when he is going to propose during the game

Ok - maybe all of these should be in blue font

dang

Legend
1). OL. 2). OC/offense adjusting to defenses. 3). Goff’s movement in the pocket/fumbling 4) decline for best STs in the league.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I am making my own

3) Christen

That is hilarious

dang

Legend
I am making my own

3) Christen

i think Goff just lost his girlfriend to Mason freaking Rudolph!!!!