CELEBRATE !! Rams Win, End SeaHags Season Celebration Thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
@Merlin
Am I crazy to think after seeing Bobby Evans play today that we would have a better starting five with Whit-Evans-Corbett-Edwards-Hav and Blythe on the bench? Evans brought a lot of physicality to the game after Edwards got hurt.

This is what I've been saying all year. Did you see how big the dude is? That is one big bad ass boy! Stupid Kromer thinks he and Anchrum are OT's LOL Evans would be one bad ass RG with Edwards at RT. That would open some running lanes and you would run right behind Evans on short yardage.

I would love to see this o-line next year.

LT Whitworth
LG Corbett
C Shelton
RG Evans
RT Noteboom

Edwards swing OT, Allen C and Brewer OG

The way this o-line is setup by Kromer makes no sense to anyone who understands o-line play. The reason the Rams struggle to play smash-mouth football is because they have a Center who is soft and Edwards is too damn tall to play OG where he has to get low enough to get the leverage. That o-line above gives them some real beef up front that can also move. I watched Shelton at UW and this guy plays like a raging bull. He can get to the second level and he's a mismatch for even a MIKE.

When Whit retires probably in 2022 the Boom moves back to LT and Edwards to RT. I watch these guys struggle playing out of position and it makes me so damn angry at the waste of good talent because their coach doesn't know crap.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I've been saying all year. Did you see how big the dude is? That is one big bad ass boy! Stupid Kromer thinks he and Anchrum are OT's LOL Evans would be one bad ass RG with Edwards at RT. That would open some running lanes and you would run right behind Evans on short yardage.

I would love to see this o-line next year.

LT Whitworth
LG Corbett
C Shelton
RG Evans
RT Noteboom

Edwards swing OT, Allen C and Brewer OG

The way this o-line is setup by Kromer makes no sense to anyone who understands o-line play. The reason the Rams struggle to play smash-mouth football is because they have a Center who is soft and Edwards is too damn tall to play OG where he has to get low enough to get the leverage. That o-line above gives them some real beef up front that can also move. I watched Shelton at UW and this guy plays like a raging bull. He can get to the second level and he's a mismatch for even a MIKE.

When Whit retires probably in 2022 the Boom moves back to LT and Edwards to RT. I watch these guys struggle playing out of position and it makes me so damn angry at the waste of good talent because their coach doesn't know crap.

You're really barking up the wrong tree if you think I'm going to join you in shitting on our coaches, dude. If you think Sean McVay and Aaron Kromer don't understand OL play, you are off your rocker. And don't try to tell me that Sean McVay, the guy who runs both the team and the offense, doesn't get to make the final call on who starts where.

As for stupid Kromer thinking Anchrum is an OT, stupid Dabo Swinney and the rest of the stupid Clemson coaching staff thought the same thing. Although, it's notable that Anchrum isn't just being trained to play OT. While both him and Evans are backups at OT, they're also backups at OG. They're being trained to play wherever they're needed.

TexasRam

Legend

They like to blame it all on the QB and exaggerate his weaknesses just like we do on this board.

Here is a fun one from the Seahwawks board.

Truth - it's been shown time and time again that his stature does impact his ability to see the whole field, particularly on crossing routes over the middle.

I think at some point you might have to consider that that limitation hands the defense a considerable advantage. They essentially don't have to cover a wide selection of routes and in particular, quick throws. After a while, the book is out on how to stop them. And every year becomes a scheming exercise as to how to draw up (or cover up) the offenses limitations. This year those schemes worked for 6 games until we were solved.. push the pocket up the middle,, stand up the o linemen. Clog up passing lanes and Russ will HAVE to hold the ball.

Not being able to hit over the middle, short and medium routes is a consistent issue and after 9 years, I find it hard to belive that coaches just refuse to call those plays because the just forget to. Either they are inept, or they should be hailed geniuses for working around those things the offense just can't do because of Russ's inability to hit certain throws.

Like I said, I love him. But at a certain point you have to weigh whether it's more likely that all the coaches are just insane, or that the issue is with the QB. Amd not his ability, talent, heart, smarts or HOF fight, but a simple limitation.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
My wifi was blocking certain sites, this one, yahoo sports and reddit, so I wasn't able to contribute post game. In-game I had to use phone data only to get in. Just got wifi fixed by resetting my router. When all else seems to fail, try that simple trick if it ever happens. It was really strange, as I could still get google, yahoo news, mail, youtube, a streaming site and a few others but it kept timing out on certain ones no matter how much I retried.

Anyway great win in so many ways. Goff, Akers, Donald, Ramsey, DWill, Gay, the defense especially wow what a nice feeling to advance in the playoffs!!
:party:

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Seattle fans claiming that they have the all-22 so can assure us WILSON is the problem. HAHA sound familiar?

I'm telling you nobody is getting open. It's not Russ height. The defense of the other teams are better.

That's just not true. I have all 22 and watch the same thing every weekend. When pressure comes we have no answer. Russ, although he often has an outlet or a crosser won't pull the trigger.

The thing that's difficult to understand is why we seem to have almost eliminated crosses and shallows from the playcalling. Maybe it is just as simple as them knowing that Russ isn't going to hit them because he can't often see them and that makes them too high risk.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Over the Hill and through the Woods, plenty of Akers for the Fox to hunt and the Wolf to roam. The Day is Young and Gaines are being made so what the Hekker you doing? Pour your Kupp Fuller and be Gay!!!

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Good morning! How we feeling

giphy.gif