Rams Will Go 14-2 in 2018, and Will Win the Super Bowl.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I honestly don't see a better team in the NFL, with the additions this season. The only caveat to this prediction is that it assumes the continued health of key players. I believe that Jared Goff will take that next step in development and become elite. Team will try to stop Gurley, but Goff's connections deep to Cooks and the regular great play of Woods and the improved play of Cooper Kupp will make this offense better than last year. Gurley will be a monster, two years in a row. The Oline is a concern due to age, but I am gaining confidence in rookies like Noteboom and Denby, and Blythe is still there as a good back up. I would not be surprised to see Noteboom fill in for JB, and if he does well, JB may be on the outside looking in by Week 3.

Special Teams was a great strength last year, but we found out how important Greg the Leg truly was/is. When the replacement kicker (his name shall not be fickin mentioned!:redcard:) started looking like OldSchool after a couple of beers, trying/failing on easy kicks...Man, it seemed the confidence went out of the entire special teams squad, barring Johnny Hekker. Pharoh started having trouble with the ball??? Anyway, Legatron, Hekker, and Cooper will resume greatness in 2018.

The Defense, my Lord. Assuming AD's contract is worked out, our defense line may be the best in the NFL with Suh, Donald, and Brockers. Ebukam is doing WELL in camp and hopefully Longacre improved. John Franklin Meyers is also acting studly....Our LBers just need to be adequate for this defense to rock, but I think they will be better than adequate!. Talib, Peters, Johnson, and Joyner is the best Secondary in the NFL!

The Rams will have homefield throughout the playoffs, and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will host the NFC Championship Game, with long suffering LA Rams fans finally seeing a victory there after all of these years. Beating Jacksonville in the Super Bowl will almost be anti-climactic.
This is the only issue. Rams can't win there. It's the Elephant in the room since moving to LA.

I tallied the home/way record before, forgot the numbers but it's clearly a big issue. Something like 4-11 at the coliseum since the move.
I would have rather traveled to Atlanta in that playoff game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Two full seasons since the move...

Rams at the Coliseum

1-6 in 2016
3-4 in 2017
4-10

Rams on the road(counting neutral sites)
3-6 in 2016
8-1 in 2017
11-7

200.webp

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the only issue. Rams can't win there. It's the Elephant in the room since moving to LA.

I tallied the home/way record before, forgot the numbers but it's clearly a big issue. Something like 4-11 at the coliseum since the move.
I would have rather traveled to Atlanta in that playoff game.
I understand that's a stat, but when considering every variable, especially the HC change, I think it's just magical thinking in the end to believe the team can't win at the coliseum in the future. In the McVay era, we lost to the Redskins and the Hawks early in the year, I would argue, because the defense was working through a transition from a 4-3 system to a 3-4 defense. Quinn had a rough time being a 3-4 end, for instance, in the early games. The Rams lost to the Super Bowl Champs after that and to we gave the Niner's the last game. We lost in the divisional round to the Falcons after that because: 1. jitters 2. the Falcons were good and you don't give up turn overs like Pharoh did and expect to win.
With the changes in the off season and the ability to adjust (ie, learn) it's the Rams world in 2018, and the other 31 teams are allowed to live in it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Two full seasons since the move...

Rams at the Coliseum

1-6 in 2016
3-4 in 2017
4-10

Rams on the road(counting neutral sites)
3-6 in 2016
8-1 in 2017
11-7

Yeah throw out 2016 season. Can't make meaningful determinations off anything that occurred in that nightmare of a season.

In 2017 the loss to the Eagles sucked but they were the better team due to their defense. The loss to the whiners was our second stringers. So IMO the two games where the Rams underperformed were the early home matchups vs the Skins and the Shehawks, both of whom I think we should have beaten.

Add the home playoff loss to the Falcons, and last season there were 3 games they underperformed at home. And yeah they need to do better and maintain a home field advantage, but I think that's coming this year. Why?

Goff. There were of course more reasons than him, however all three games he looked a bit jittery at key moments and just wasn't ready to rise to the occasion. But his growth is probably going to change that, as well as drastic improvement to the secondary.

jap

Legend
14 wins? That's it!?! Granted, I bleed Blue & Gold, but we may actually do better than that.

Last season, I wanted to see Jared demonstrate his superiority over Carson. That didn't happen. In their only meeting, Carson clearly outplayed Jared in my view, although it was still close. Carson was in his second season in the same system while Jared had to exorcise the Fisher play scheming ghosts on that horrible 2016 season while learning Sean ball.

This upcoming season as Jared takes ownership of Sean's schemes, I expect the superiority of our Golden Arm signal caller to surpass the demonstrated talent for winning of Carson. The Gurley Man will still be a holy terror for opposing defenses, but Jared will join Todd in keeping opposing DCs up all night trying to figure out how to stop him.

After our backups lost to the damn '9ers in Week 17 last year and the ensuing hoopla in '9er-land over Jimmy G, I don't know if Sean would want to concede even that final week to the hated '9ers again.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
This may have already been posted, but does anyone remember burning sage and 14-2 with Ray Agnew?

I think this years motto should be 14-2 with Suh.

Lets burn the sage also, it can't hurt.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
3-4 in 2017

WASH snuck up on them, SEA was handed 5 TO's and barely won. That game was terrible and they got revenge later in the year. SF was handed away to rest players.

They could have been stuck with just one home loss that being WASH. The other three were giveaway games.

This year will be different.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Gurley is a critical piece, but I am anxious to see how our new RB, John Kelly, does in Pre season. He's not Todd, but he is a shifty move the ball guy, and he has a talent of catching the ball. He doesn't have home run speed, but in the open field he could run 30 yards easily. That might be enough when you look at our WR's and defense to win games against playoff teams...

The Cards and Bradford..bruh..they're already report that he is limping in camp. I was in azcentral.com, troll-consoling them about the Sam limp :whistle:. I don't think their Oline is that good, but their RB is pretty good. Still, 33-0 and 32-16. or 65-16 against them last year. Get the broom out!
WOW, he is limping....ok, that is bad news for him. But, he will stick it out, until Joshy is ready. He can throw on the limp pretty well I assume....he and his 1 handicap hand eye.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WOW, he is limping....ok, that is bad news for him. But, he will stick it out, until Joshy is ready. He can throw on the limp pretty well I assume....he and his 1 handicap hand eye.
That report of Sam limping may have been wrong. He seems to be fine and wowing Card fans with his accuracy.