Rams will be “home” team for 2018 game in China

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The Rams have a few seasons to play in Los Angeles before their new Inglewood stadium is set to open, but they won’t be playing all of their home games in L.A. before that building is ready.

They will be playing a game in London during the 2016 season and they are scheduled to play one in 2017 as well as part of an agreement to play three international games over the next three years. The third game will reportedly be in a different location, however.

Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Rams will be the “home” team for a game in China during the 2018 season. No other details about the game are known at the moment, although there’s certainly no shortage of time to get all the ducks in a row over the next couple of years.

513772900-e1458742140285.jpg

Reports earlier this week indicated that the league was working to put a game in the country during that season and an expansion of the international slate to Germany may also be in the cards.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As its the year of the Brown Dog in the Chinese calendar in 2018, I guess I would say we may be playing the Browns, If I thought that the NFL is rigged in that way....

tahoe

Pro Bowler
God Kroenke is a working girl! :whistle: Just send the team all over the world for the sake of extra money...

Last edited:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
This will be logistically "interesting" to determine an acceptable game time for both US and International viewing audiences -- Beijing is 15 hours ahead of US Pacific Standard Time.

Right now it's 7:22 AM in Los Angeles and 10:22 PM in Beijing.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Playing in 3 international games was part of the relocation agreement.

Embrace it. Our team will be on center stage.

The travel will suck... but they'll schedule these games around bye weeks.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Why don't they make this an exhibition game during the pre-season. This kind of trip could/will hurt a competitive season. SMHWAD.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
This will be logistically "interesting" to determine an acceptable game time for both US and International viewing audiences -- Beijing is 15 hours ahead of US Pacific Standard Time.

Right now it's 7:22 AM in Los Angeles and 10:22 PM in Beijing.
Maybe a 10:15 AM kickoff in Beijing and a 7:15 PM Kickoff in Los Angeles would work. When ESPN does a double header on Monday night they'll do a 3:55 pm PST kickoff and a 7:15 pm PST kickoff.

Ramatik

Starter
Playing in 3 international games was part of the relocation agreement.

Embrace it. Our team will be on center stage.

The travel will suck... but they'll schedule these games around bye weeks.

I love it. I hope they keep it going.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams have a few seasons to play in Los Angeles before their new Inglewood stadium is set to open, but they won’t be playing all of their home games in L.A. before that building is ready.

They will be playing a game in London during the 2016 season and they are scheduled to play one in 2017 as well as part of an agreement to play three international games over the next three years. The third game will reportedly be in a different location, however.

Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Rams will be the “home” team for a game in China during the 2018 season. No other details about the game are known at the moment, although there’s certainly no shortage of time to get all the ducks in a row over the next couple of years.

513772900-e1458742140285.jpg

Reports earlier this week indicated that the league was working to put a game in the country during that season and an expansion of the international slate to Germany may also be in the cards.
I sure hope the Rams have a Bye Week after each of these games!! Especially after the game in China!!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I don't mind this, as long as it is scheduled around a bye week. If it is, I think any excuses about performance are a cop out, and the Rams getting international exposure is fine by me. It sucks to lose a home game. But much like strength of schedule, I believe that if you want to be a quality football team, you have to be good enough to not sweat the little things. Playing strong opposition? Fine. We're better than they are, anyway. Teams should fear playing us. Not the other way around. Playing on the road? Not a problem. Bad weather conditions? It's a good thing our team isn't a bunch of softies, unlike those other guys.

If I have the money and my working schedule allows, I will definitely make the trip. I've wanted to see China for a while now.

Ramatik

Starter
Its always great to take away home games from the local fans

It's also great to whine and find something negative about it.

And you know what.. if you are a local fan, you didn't have them for 8 games last year.

So you'd think 7 games would be a nice bonus. The exposure is awesome.

And if you can head down from Tahoe to LA 8 times... you can make one trip to China.

Heh

tahoe

Pro Bowler

And you know what.. if you are a local fan, you didn't have them for 8 games last year.

And if you can head down from Tahoe to LA 8 times... you can make one trip to China.

Heh
Im no longer a local fan so it doesnt really effect me but its kinda crappy for those who are now local fans.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Heh
Captain Negativity isn't in Tahoe he's in the Loo. I'll head down from Reno 7 times though.

Ramatik

Starter
Captain Negativity isn't in Tahoe he's in the Loo. I'll head down from Reno 7 times though.

Heh.

I don't believe I can do all 7. It's gonna be crazy this year.

But I will come and see you at Street Vibes though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heh.

I don't believe I can do all 7. It's gonna be crazy this year.

But I will come and see you at Street Vibes though.
The plan is to spend a weeks vacation on five Monday's. Fly down Saturday, go to the game Sunday and fly back on Monday.