GAME DAY Rams vs Cowboys Pre-Season Game 1 / 4:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Is anyone else a bit more concerned then normal that our 1's are not going to get any run in an actual game (preseason), then they will be thrown to the wolves against a super bowl contender on national TV? To me, that game is too important to not get the 1's a series or 2 in the preseason. I know that his philosophy has worked ok so far, I'm just concerned with the level of talent we will be playing in week 1 and being very rusty.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay is 5-1 in openers, and his teams average just under 30ppg while outscoring opponent by 11 in those games.
I think he's got this

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay is 5-1 in openers, and his teams average just under 30ppg while outscoring opponent by 11 in those games.
I think he's got this
But have we played a SB contender in week 1? Answer is yes, Buffalo in 2022 and they destroyed us.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I think he's got this
That's mostly against non playoff teams, though.

2017 Colts; 4-12
2018 Raiders; 4-12
2019 Panthers; 5-11
2020 Cowboys; 6-10
2021 Bears; 6-11
2022 Bills; 13-3
2023 Seahawks; 9-8

Bills being the outlier and we know what happened there.

RamWoodie

Legend
I think he's got this
The Rams have quite a turnover on defense of coaches and players, I think they have to play them to get up to speed and solidify defensive cohesion.

On offense, I'm not to worried. With the injuries we'll get a better look at the back-up Oliners.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's mostly against non playoff teams, though.

2017 Colts; 4-12
2018 Raiders; 4-12
2019 Panthers; 5-11
2020 Cowboys; 6-10
2021 Bears; 6-11
2022 Bills; 13-3
2023 Seahawks; 9-8

Bills being the outlier and we know what happened there.
Bears and Seahawks were coming off playoff seasons, Cowboys had drilled the Rams the season prior and were starting the McCarthy era, etc... Each year presents new challenges, this year is no different

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But have we played a SB contender in week 1? Answer is yes, Buffalo in 2022 and they destroyed us.
Did Buffalo destroy the Rams because of how they prepared for the season? Or was it the fact that the team was tragically awful all season?? Cmon man....

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Buffalo destroy the Rams because of how they prepared for the season? Or was it the fact that the team was tragically awful all season?? Cmon man....
Or, was that loss the reason they were awful all year, confidence shot :)

Either way, I think we need a series or 2 out of our starters to tune up before a massive week 1 matchup.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or, was that loss the reason they were awful all year, confidence shot :)

Either way, I think we need a series or 2 out of our starters to tune up before a massive week 1 matchup.
Not a chance
Stafford, Kupp, Puka etc, may as well be in bubble wrap leading up to the opener, 1 or 2 series does nothing other than risk injury

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not a chance
Stafford, Kupp, Puka etc, may as well be in bubble wrap leading up to the opener, 1 or 2 series does nothing other than risk injury
I'm not certain if this is Stafford or Kupp

1723397455901.png

Just from the eyes, I'm thinking Kupp.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I would say the team came out flat against the Bills. Mostly due to the SB, but they came out flat and got wacked. Don't think they will come out flat against this team the way it ended their season.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Is anyone else a bit more concerned then normal that our 1's are not going to get any run in an actual game (preseason), then they will be thrown to the wolves against a super bowl contender on national TV? To me, that game is too important to not get the 1's a series or 2 in the preseason. I know that his philosophy has worked ok so far, I'm just concerned with the level of talent we will be playing in week 1 and being very rusty.
I'm not worried about the starters in preseason. McVay has them ready week 1 no matter how worried we are they come out ballin most seasons. I think there has been maybe 2 bad week 1 games in McVays time as HC. Last year we thought sheattle was gonna be tough on opening day, then we looked like world beaters. Detroit is a tough opener, they beat KC in week 1 last year. Health is my number 1 concern and starters cant get injured in preseason games if they dont play.

Actually only 1 bad week 1, but it was also the worst season McVay has had as HC.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
These bronco unis remind me of VA Tech....

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Mcvay has been doing this since he became the rams HC. Has two SB appearances, one Lombardi, 5 playoff appearances, coach of year, NFC championships etc etc. I'm not worried about the rams approach in preseason

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This link should work for those that stream.

Heads up 1 of the pop ups is of the adult variety.

Last edited:

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
This link should work for those that stream.

Heads up 1 of the pop ups is of the adult variety.
i wish the sound was working.... the video quality seems good....