Rams vs Colts - GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Until Watts' suspension is over. Right now Watts is the superior RB and can play teams too.

Possibly. Depends how valuable Pead is as a gunner.

FRO

Legend
How? Watts was goinv against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He would have done nothing with the first team offense.until they fix the line no RB is going to do well.
Because Watts actually has vision while running. I agree with the line being bad, but Watts is better than Pead.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

kramer-yeah.gif

RamWoodie

Legend
Because Watts actually has vision while running. I agree with the line being bad, but Watts is better than Pead.
Are you sure? I'll admit Watts *looks* the better...BUT...I remember Pead looking very good not long ago. Then came the personal problems...and it's been uphill since then.

It *seems* Watts is walking in the earlier shoes of Pead *somewhat* with the suspension...and that's because Fisher doesn't like folks that do things off the field, that hurt the team. Remember what he did to Dunbar?

As I look at Pead, what I see is a player with a *fragile* ego! If Pead could shake that...he could be a real asset to the Rams...and they know that! Pead hasn't stuck around just to have a body on the field.

Having said that...I think his STs value is what's keeping him around. As someone else said, they guy is an excellent gunner.

FRO

Legend
Are you sure? I'll admit Watts *looks* the better...BUT...I remember Pead looking very good not long ago. Then came the personal problems...and it's been uphill since then.

It *seems* Watts is walking in the earlier shoes of Pead *somewhat* with the suspension...and that's because Fisher doesn't like folks that do things off the field, that hurt the team. Remember what he did to Dunbar?

As I look at Pead, what I see is a player with a *fragile* ego! If Pead could shake that...he could be a real asset to the Rams...and they know that! Pead hasn't stuck around just to have a body on the field.

Having said that...I think his STs value is what's keeping him around. As someone else said, they guy is an excellent gunner.
I never remember Pead looking good as a RB.

Alan

Legend
RamWoodie with different memories:
And what was that? Not only did Fish re-sign him after the PEDs bust (after first releasing him) this happened:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...isdemeanor-disorderly-conduct-charges-dropped
"Jo-Lonn Dunbar: Lesson learned
EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Misdemeanor charges against St. Louis Rams linebackerJo-Lonn Dunbar for his role in a July 20 fight have been dropped, Dunbar and Rams coach Jeff Fisher confirmed Thursday night.

Dunbar had been arrested for participating in a fight outside of a South Beach-area nightclub. The initial reports indicated Dunbar would be charged with a felony for battery, but he ultimately was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Donte Greene and his brother Dmetrique Greene. Police had to restrain Donte Greene with a taser after he struck Dunbar from behind.

Dunbar didn't offer much after the incident but said Thursday he wasn't concerned with the outcome because he believed he was simply defending himself.

"I knew the truth," Dunbar said. "I knew what happened. I spoke to the organization about it. It was just letting the legal process handle itself and hopefully it would turn out the way I wanted. It didn't stress me out at all. I just came out and played football and tried to get better."

Dunbar hasn't missed any time during the Rams' training camp, filling in forJames Laurinaitis at middle linebacker while he recovers from a sprained ankle. When Laurinaitis returns, Dunbar is expected to move back to his normal spot on the outside opposite Alec Ogletree.

While Dunbar is in the clear, he and Fisher both made it a point to say that he can make better choices in the future.

Dunbar missed the first four games of the 2013 season after a suspension from the league for a violation of the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

"The players have to be mindful of them not putting themselves in those potential situations," Fisher said. "Even though the charges were dropped, I'd like to see him make better decisions and not be in those types of situations at that time of the evening."

Dunbar said that's something he and Fisher discussed after getting news that the charges were dropped.

"That's something Jeff and I talked about it," Dunbar said. "He was mainly upset about the fact that I was still out that late. You can always use better judgment. That's something I've learned. I'm just happy it's over and that it ended the way it did."

Didn't seem to bother him much at all.

RamWoodie

Legend
And what was that? Not only did Fish re-sign him after the PEDs bust (after first releasing him) this happened:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...isdemeanor-disorderly-conduct-charges-dropped
EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Misdemeanor charges against St. Louis Rams linebackerJo-Lonn Dunbar for his role in a July 20 fight have been dropped, Dunbar and Rams coach Jeff Fisher confirmed Thursday night.

Dunbar had been arrested for participating in a fight outside of a South Beach-area nightclub. The initial reports indicated Dunbar would be charged with a felony for battery, but he ultimately was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Donte Greene and his brother Dmetrique Greene. Police had to restrain Donte Greene with a taser after he struck Dunbar from behind.

Dunbar didn't offer much after the incident but said Thursday he wasn't concerned with the outcome because he believed he was simply defending himself.

"I knew the truth," Dunbar said. "I knew what happened. I spoke to the organization about it. It was just letting the legal process handle itself and hopefully it would turn out the way I wanted. It didn't stress me out at all. I just came out and played football and tried to get better."

Dunbar hasn't missed any time during the Rams' training camp, filling in forJames Laurinaitis at middle linebacker while he recovers from a sprained ankle. When Laurinaitis returns, Dunbar is expected to move back to his normal spot on the outside opposite Alec Ogletree.

While Dunbar is in the clear, he and Fisher both made it a point to say that he can make better choices in the future.

Dunbar missed the first four games of the 2013 season after a suspension from the league for a violation of the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

"The players have to be mindful of them not putting themselves in those potential situations," Fisher said. "Even though the charges were dropped, I'd like to see him make better decisions and not be in those types of situations at that time of the evening."

Dunbar said that's something he and Fisher discussed after getting news that the charges were dropped.

"That's something Jeff and I talked about it," Dunbar said. "He was mainly upset about the fact that I was still out that late. You can always use better judgment. That's something I've learned. I'm just happy it's over and that it ended the way it did."

Basically you're mixing apples and oranges...try this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/80568/fisher-responds-to-dunbar-suspension

Or this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/03/rams-cut-suspended-linebacker-jo-lonn-dunbar/

That's what I'm referring to. What you have above is a totally different thing. There's a difference in taking PEDs KNOWING the league policy...and being in a public place where ignorant people try you.

Dunbar hurt the team taking PEDs and Fisher cut him...also don't forget he re-signed for much less money.

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I never remember Pead looking good as a RB.
I agree Pead has never looked good as a rb at the NFL level. He has no vision and it's to bad but we should just cut our losses.

Alan

Legend
RamWoodie with details:
Basically you're mixing apples and oranges

Dunbar hurt the team taking PEDs and Fisher cut him...also don't forget he re-signed for much less money.
What, you don't like fruit salad?:eek:

Possibly I'm not understanding your main point. I assumed you were talking about behavior that would prevent or lesson the chances of Pead making the final 53. I gave two examples of two different types of behavior that didn't effect Fisher's decision to keep him (Dunbar) on the team. One was the PED use and one was the actual criminal charges. So when you say that "Fisher doesn't like folks that do things off the field" I have to question your conclusion that off field activities actually affect his decision in that regard. Yes, as I mentioned, he did cut Dunbar but I believe that to have been a shrewd move on his part to both send a message to the rest of the team concerning the use of PEDs and a great way to gain some cap space. The possibility, in my mind and IMO his, that someone would sign a marginal player looking at a 4 game suspension to be minimal. Which turned out to be true. And, he very quickly re-signed him to a two year contract which kind of negates the whole premise of your thread IMO. The only actual result of his off the field transgressions was a loss of money and we're not talking about that here. Or at least I thought we weren't.

RamWoodie

Legend
Take a step back, because unfortunately you read "guaranteed money"...but that's just what you read and what's reported that is revealed.

Sad but true! Somebody believes in Pead or he wouldn't still be in a Rams uni. Many players have been cut if you look back, There was an RB that looked pretty good named Richardson...where's he at now?

RamWoodie

Legend

Possibly I'm not understanding your main point. I assumed you were talking about behavior that would prevent or lesson the chances of Pead making the final 53. I gave two examples of two different types of behavior that didn't effect Fisher's decision to keep him (Dunbar) on the team. One was the PED use and one was the actual criminal charges. So when you say that "Fisher doesn't like folks that do things off the field" I have to question your conclusion that off field activities actually affect his decision in that regard. Yes, as I mentioned, he did cut Dunbar but I believe that to have been a shrewd move on his part to both send a message to the rest of the team concerning the use of PEDs and a great way to gain some cap space. The possibility, in my mind and IMO his, that someone would sign a marginal player looking at a 4 game suspension to be minimal. Which turned out to be true. And, he very quickly re-signed him to a two year contract which kind of negates the whole premise of your thread IMO. The only actual result of his off the field transgressions was a loss of money and we're not talking about that here. Or at least I thought we weren't.
Go back and read what I said...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pead being on the team is about money to some extent. But it's also about draft position and ability. Fish has always coveted ability and teams contributions on his roster decisions. Pead has ability no doubt about it he just hasn't translated it to the field yet. And of course coaches and GMs hate to admit they whiffed on a 2nd round pick like it or not.

IMO his decision to play teams helped a lot too though on top of his raw ability. That scored some points with the staff and helped him climb out of the doghouse a bit it seemed to me at least.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm late to the party with this replay and i only watched the first half cuz i got other shit to do at 2AM.
Just some thoughts.
-Not a penalty on Tavon on the first drive. BS call. Hate that shit. Tired of it tbh.
-TJ Mac, Donald look like their ready for week one now.
-Defense got a good test vs Luck and the up tempo Colts offense.
-If Ciggy calls alot of screen game this season the Rams are going to get chunk yardage there w/Gurley, Mason.
-Really liking Rhaney at Guard.
-Joyner looking pretty comfortable out there now as opposed to a few weeks ago.
-Ogletree needs to settle the fuck down and just make the play.
-Nice defensive stand where Donald wrecked everything...and again late in the 2nd qtr with mostly the 2nd unit in there facing the Colts #1's.
-Rams aren't even throwing to Cook in preseason. He's the not-so-secret-weapon when the games start to count.

Overall i came away thinking we're gonna be better than expected on offense. Still not enough push in the running game but damn those screens look good with those young lineman getting out in space quickly. Put Gurley on the receiving end of those and what a nightmare for the other guys. Cookie in the seam will be money. I think Quick explodes by week 6.
Foles is still finding chemistry with Britt. Like many have correctly pointed out, there will be growing pains in pass protection, but as long as they can cut down on the mental lapses/penalties(illegal formations, false starts) watch this group grow as the season progresses. I'm optimistic.

The defense will be ready to play week one. Book it.
If the refs would just let this D play football every week and stop looking for reasons to throw the fucking flag this group will dominate.

I enjoyed Faulk's commentary.

Alan

Legend
RamWoodie feeling misunderstood:
Go back and read what I said...
OK, I just did and it felt like...deja vu. Nothing has changed in my mind so I guess we're still on different pages.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj60OAh7O5U

jrry32 with this:
I don't see Cunningham going anywhere. Starting KR and our top 3rd down HB last year. Faulk is right about Pead. He just doesn't have the vision. He doesn't see the field like he needs to and doesn't anticipate holes coming open.

But he might stick as a special teamer.
Leading to this:
FRO with this:
Until Watts' suspension is over. Right now Watts is the superior RB and can play teams too.
Leading to this:
lockdnram21 with this:
How? Watts was goinv against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He would have done nothing with the first team offense.until they fix the line no RB is going to do well.
Leading to this:
FRO with this:
Leading to this:
RamWoodie with this:

Leading to Alan jumping in:
Alan with this:

Leading to Ramwoodie to make this rejoinder:
RamWoodie with this:
Basically you're mixing apples and oranges...try this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/80568/fisher-responds-to-dunbar-suspension

Or this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/03/rams-cut-suspended-linebacker-jo-lonn-dunbar/

That's what I'm referring to. What you have above is a totally different thing. There's a difference in taking PEDs KNOWING the league policy...and being in a public place where ignorant people try you.

Leading to me saying this:
Alan with this:

Possibly I'm not understanding your main point. I assumed you were talking about behavior that would prevent or lesson the chances of Pead making the final 53. I gave two examples of two different types of behavior that didn't effect Fisher's decision to keep him (Dunbar) on the team. One was the PED use and one was the actual criminal charges. So when you say that "Fisher doesn't like folks that do things off the field" I have to question your conclusion that off field activities actually affect his decision in that regard. Yes, as I mentioned, he did cut Dunbar but I believe that to have been a shrewd move on his part to both send a message to the rest of the team concerning the use of PEDs and a great way to gain some cap space. The possibility, in my mind and IMO his, that someone would sign a marginal player looking at a 4 game suspension to be minimal. Which turned out to be true. And, he very quickly re-signed him to a
two year contract which kind of negates the whole premise of your thread (EDIT: should say post not thread) IMO. The only actual result of his off the field transgressions was a loss of money and we're not talking about that here. Or at least I thought we weren't.

Last edited: