Rams vs Colts - GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
I'm OK with this loss. Our (mostly) backups took the lead when their (mostly) starters were still playing.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
The penalties were 10-83 for the Rams and 5-36 for the Colts.

But at one time it was 7-60 for the Rams 0-0 for the Colts.

Not very balanced. I'm not saying the refs have to be balanced because they have to call what they see. But it sure feels unbalanced when it comes to the Rams.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jamon Brown is looking like our best olineman at this point, he played LG today. He left early with an ankle injury, but it doesn't seem serious. Barret Jones had an ok outing, only bad play was a costly facemask penalty and Rhaney blocked well at RG, but also had a costly penalty.
I'd like to see a replay on the Jones facemask from a different angle. I played it back a couple of times and did not see it.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Right, but with all these guys you have to look at their ST's value. Pead is one of our better gunners.
I'll have to take your word on it. I don't remember Pead as a gunner, but that doesn't mean much. But Watts played well last year, so did Alexander. Bailey also is a good gunner. And so can Joyner, and almost never McGee. I'm pulling for Pead, but it's not going to be any easy decision.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I thought it was the starter's best performance but clearly they have work---particularly on offense and in the defensive secondary. Hopeully it all comes together against the Seahawks.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The penalties were 10-83 for the Rams and 5-36 for the Colts.

But at one time it was 7-60 for the Rams 0-0 for the Colts.

Not very balanced. I'm not saying the refs have to be balanced because they have to call what they see. But it sure feels unbalanced when it comes to the Rams.
Same way all the time, it seems. Make up calls, after the fact. I saw the Colts hold, PI, etc....but none of those were called. I'm just so sick of it. We committed some of them, but they didn't??? I was happy with our game play, overall, especially considering how bad, Pagano wanted this win.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'd like to see a replay on the Jones facemask from a different angle. I played it back a couple of times and did not see it.
He yanked Langford's mask basically taking him down. All in all I thought that Jones played the best and will most likely win the job. I thought that when they started trying Rhaney at gaurd in practice this week it signaled that he might not start.

jjab360

Legend
LMAO! Marshall: Chris Carter will have to get on his son---"You can't be the fall guy when the ball is coming to you."
Not gonna lie, I didn't realize why Torry was laughing so hard at first, but Marshall tied that joke in perfectly lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cunnigham and Pead are in trouble...not because their getting beat out...but when you think about the money, and what Watts has shown...his upside may make both of them "financial cuts".

I don't see Cunningham going anywhere. Starting KR and our top 3rd down HB last year. Faulk is right about Pead. He just doesn't have the vision. He doesn't see the field like he needs to and doesn't anticipate holes coming open.

But he might stick as a special teamer.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I saw it.
It started with a hands to the face, then he grabbed the side of the mask as he was getting beat on the play.
We had 2 face mask penalties tonight by our oline tonight.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
That was Rhaney, Jones, I didn't see it either.

@shovelpass
You're probably right, I have only memory to recall. Though I do think Jones did yank, slightly, Langford's mask. Rhaney brought his man down on his penalty. But I guess the refs will enforce "facemask" if the oline grabs instead of "hands to the face". Questionable or not, it's still counts, but I think that Jones has been the best center so far.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You're probably right, I have only memory to recall. Though I do think Jones did yank, slightly, Langford's mask. Rhaney brought his man down on his penalty. But I guess the refs will enforce "facemask" if the oline grabs instead of "hands to the face". Questionable or not, it's still counts, but I think that Jones has been the best center so far.
Jones played pretty decent today, if he did commit a facemask, it was incidental, unable to see on film, even with rewind, and late. Rhaney wasn't horrible at Guard, had some good moments, but that was a takedown meant to protect his QB. I think he missed his assignment, or was confused at first. Understandable.

FRO

Legend
I don't see Cunningham going anywhere. Starting KR and our top 3rd down HB last year. Faulk is right about Pead. He just doesn't have the vision. He doesn't see the field like he needs to and doesn't anticipate holes coming open.

But he might stick as a special teamer.
Until Watts' suspension is over. Right now Watts is the superior RB and can play teams too.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I wonder if Fisher asked Pagano to try an onside kick. I know it's crazy, but it's possible. It seems like we always burn Seattle on ST, and they will probably be looking for payback. I imagine it's hard to simulate a ST fake in practice, so maybe Fisher pulled a fast one to keep them alert.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wonder if Fisher asked Pagano to try an onside kick. I know it's crazy, but it's possible. It seems like we always burn Seattle on ST, and they will probably be looking for payback. I imagine it's hard to simulate a ST fake in practice, so maybe Fisher pulled a fast one to keep them alert.
Interesting angle.

lockdnram21

Legend
Until Watts' suspension is over. Right now Watts is the superior RB and can play teams too.
How? Watts was goinv against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He would have done nothing with the first team offense.until they fix the line no RB is going to do well.