Rams vs Cardinals: Official Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Game over........ This team just can't get it together. Even against other crappy teams. I'm a long time fan, but this is a joke.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
That was the only possible win I had left on the schedule. Oh well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hate to say it, but I knew not going for it on 4th down would be the end of it. Defense was just worn out, and not putting the ball in the hands of your offense to win it (whether you think they can or not) isn't sending the right message.

cfin5256

Rookie
I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems like we don't do a good job of playing to our strengths on offense. That's something I thought Shurm did a great job of last year; this year it feels like we're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole so to speak. Or, maybe I'm just frustrated :grr:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Horns of Gold said:
Can't call spags a coward? Wow, that is WEAK.

Sorry, Mr. Nice Guy board op'.
No, you can't call Spagnuolo "a gutless coward." Read the rules again if you're confused.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Hate to say it, but I knew not going for it on 4th down would be the end of it. Defense was just worn out, and not putting the ball in the hands of your offense to win it (whether you think they can or not) isn't sending the right message.

I didn't agree with that call either. The D is improving, but you can't trust them to get a stop when they gashed by Beanie Wells.

Offense has to step up.

bluecoconuts

Legend
84271903_display_image.jpg

or

justin-blackmon-opy5-12132.jpg

Or even

morris-claiborne.jpg

?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
cfin5256 said:
I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems like we don't do a good job of playing to our strengths on offense. That's something I thought Shurm did a great job of last year; this year it feels like we're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole so to speak. Or, maybe I'm just frustrated :grr:
I agree. This seems to be very true.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Some of you might disagree, but WR and OL aren't the largest needs that have to he filled in the offseason.

DT and LB are.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
Some of you might disagree, but WR and OL aren't the largest needs that have to he filled in the offseason.

DT and LB are.
Yeah, a couple of big DTs sure would be nice. But I don't see any worth taking at the top of the draft at the moment. Maybe free agency. This team needs legitimate playmakers outside of Lloyd and Jackson. It simply isn't enough to command respect.

Lesson

Oh, really?
At this point, I am all for the Rams trying to win, and still have a high pick.

I would want Billy D. to trade it off for a kings ransom.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

If we can get our CB back healthy next year, I'm thinking the Rams go Kalil, and then try to restructure Smith and move him to Guard, release Bell and Brown, and go with an O-Line of Kalil-Smith-Wragge or whatever his name is (maybe?) Dahl-Saffold

Then in the second round on they can get DT's and other guys to shore up the defense. Sam is going to need more than 1-2 seconds though.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.
Yeah, a couple of big DTs sure would be nice. But I don't see any worth taking at the top of the draft at the moment. Maybe free agency. This team needs legitimate playmakers outside of Lloyd and Jackson. It simply isn't enough to command respect.

I understand that. But a few things that could help Sam out, I believe, is to have a better OL(Brown needs to go away), which can be filled in FA.

I don't know what offensive playmakers will be on the market, but as long as they bring Lloyd back and add another WR, I'd be fine with current group.

But by god, the run defense is amazingly terrible.