Rams trade Akers to Vikings for pick swap.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really preferred they banish him to Cleveland. Oh well. :laugh4:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I respect Akers for coming back from an Achilles injury in the same season to play in the playoffs for us.

Best of luck to him with the Vikings unless/until he plays us.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah, but which picks ? 6'th or 7'th rounders ? Something conditional ?

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So since we had the earlier pick, we paid the viqueens to take him?

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So since we had the earlier pick, we paid the viqueens to take him?
I'm guessing it's a 6 for a 7. Maybe the Rams got some kind of performance or playing time escalator. I'm not expecting much.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Rams trade Cam Akers to Vikings for swap of 2026 late-round draft picks​

Akers is heading to the Twin Cities​

Bryan DeArdo

By Bryan DeArdo

8 mins ago•1 min read

getty-cam-akers-rams.jpg

The Rams have traded Cam Akers to the Vikings, according to CBS Sports Lead NFL Insider Jonathan Jones. The deal reportedly involves a swap of 2026 late-round picks. The trade comes three days after it was initially reported that Akers was on the trading block. Akers was inactive Sunday for the Rams' 30-23 Week 2 loss against the 49ers.
On Monday, head coach Sean McVay essential confirmed Fox Sports' Jay Glazer's report by telling reporters that general manager Les Snead has spoken with a few teams about Akers, per The Athletic.
"Felt like that was best for our football team," McVay said, via NFL.com. "Felt like Kyren [Williams] gave us the best opportunity and what Ronnie (Rivers) and Royce (Freeman) had done, so that was the decision that I made."

A former second-round pick, Akers helped the Rams win the Super Bowlduring his second season after recovering from an Achilles injury that was sustained during the summer. He rushed for a career-high 786 yards and seven touchdowns last year despite asking for a trade during the first half of the season. Akers had just 29 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries during the Rams' Week 1 loss to the Seahawks.
"I have tremendous respect for Cam Akers, but I felt like for our football team today and in this game and as we moved forward, that was going to be the best decision for us," McVay added.

In Minnesota, Akers will join a Vikings rushing attack that is last in the NFLthrough two weeks. Akers will reunite with Vikings head coach Kevin O'Connell, who was the Rams offensive coordinator during Akers' first two seasons.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Yeah. I just heard it was for 2026 pick swap. Pretty obvious they wanted to quickly jettison him and made whatever deal they could to get him and his contract off the team.
But this I don't get...

Monti Ossenfort in AZ jettisoned Isaiah Simmons--a first-rounder--for a 7th to the Giants. Yet every time Les moves somebody, he gives away picks.

WTF...?!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok….but why 2026?

Did one of us not have picks in the round we wanted to swap, over the next 2 drafts?

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
But this I don't get...

Monti Ossenfort in AZ jettisoned Isaiah Simmons--a first-rounder--for a 7th to the Giants. Yet every time Les moves somebody, he gives away picks.

WTF...?!
Cause they’re taking on his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.