Rams Top Draft Pick (Post Suh Signing)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I would just like to point out to everyone thinking LB round 1 wade won the superbowl with Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall at MLB. Marshall was a 5th round pick who got cut and was picked up off of waivers. Trevathan was a 6th round pick. Rams dont have the edge depth the Broncos had, but they have everything else to compliment their lower value LBs. I dont see MLB being a high priority, especially if they keep Barron.

Snead stated Wade values positions more than others. Clearly cover guys are on top of that heirchy followed by pass rushers. Even though I am not the biggest Mark Barron fan they paid him his roster bonus and he is still on the roster. Snead also stated Littleon will play more. Frankly Littleton deserves it for his outstanding special teams play and the plays he made when he was asked to start.

Last edited:

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I've been on these two for awhile. Hard to figure who will be available @23. Hope they sign Junior Galette first to go along with Ramik Wilson which gives them LBer depth and an edge pass rusher. That does give them the ability to in more directions.

At this point they should go all in defense. It's a toss up between Evans and Landry. Evans versatility makes me wonder if Wade would like him better. He could be a rushing or in coverage on pass downs while playing inside on early downs because he is solid against the run. Landry may have to be rotated in. He still has to improve some areas like using his hands.
We don't need a first round edge rusher after signing Suh. Good linebackers that fit a 3-4 defense can be found in the middle rounds. I would be happy to see us take an offensive lineman at #23 or one of the top three a tight ends or a trade down.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I have a very strong feeling we send our first this year and next year’s third to NY for OBJ.

If we don’t, then I’m on board with BPA, likely and Edge.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Everyone is fixated on defense. Who's going to play LOT after Whitworth's contract is up? The Rams have invested a lot in the defense and now they need to draft for the other side of the ball, I hope they draft a LOT with experience in a pro-style offense at #23.
That would be Kolton Miller.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Funny, I’ve seen plenty of Mocks that have Kolton Miller as a sixth rounder. Now he’s a first?

I don’t think either is correct

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LVE or Harold Landry.

With players that I think have a reasonable chance of still being available at #23 those are my two picks. Below are my top 5 personal choices for the Rams top pick:

1) LB Vander Esch - Really like this player!
Will be thrilled if the Rams select him!!!
2) Edge/OLB Harold Landry
3) LB Rashaan Evans
4) WR Courtland Sutton
5) WR Calvin Ridley

*Keeping my fingers crossed that one of the
LB's Josey Jewell or Micah Kiser will be
available when the Rams pick in 3rd round!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Funny, I’ve seen plenty of Mocks that have Kolton Miller as a sixth rounder. Now he’s a first?

I don’t think either is correct

He's got some "WTF" tape. But he's also surprisingly spry on his feet in a lot of other tape, for his size especially. You can't teach 6'8" and this class sucks at the position so he'll go higher than he should.

But I don't know who was touting him as a sixth rounder. Must have been someone who only watched him vs Texas A&M... Like with all these guys, you gotta look up enough games to really get a feel for him. He's a solid round 2 OT with the potential to end up on the left side.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would just like to point out to everyone thinking LB round 1 wade won the superbowl with Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall at MLB. Marshall was a 5th round pick who got cut and was picked up off of waivers. Trevathan was a 6th round pick. Rams dont have the edge depth the Broncos had, but they have everything else to compliment their lower value LBs. I dont see MLB being a high priority, especially if they keep Barron.

Snead stated Wade values positions more than others. Clearly cover guys are on top of that heirchy followed by pass rushers. Even though I am not the biggest Mark Barron fan they paid him his roster bonus and he is still on the roster. Snead also stated Littleon will play more. Frankly Littleton deserves it for his outstanding special teams play and the plays he made when he was asked to start.

von miller was taken 2nd overall. elite edge rushers are worth the draft capital. not saying there's one when the rams pick but just generally.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
von miller was taken 2nd overall. elite edge rushers are worth the draft capital. not saying there's one when the rams pick but just generally.

Sorry wasn't clear. I do think they highly value edge LBs, because they rush the passer and you can never have enough guys who can do that. However, I do not think they value off the ball LBs enough to spend a first-round pick there

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Sorry wasn't clear. I do think they highly value edge LBs, because they rush the passer and you can never have enough guys who can do that. However, I do not think they value off the ball LBs enough to spend a first-round pick there

Please help refresh my memory, what round did they pick Ogletree in?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please help refresh my memory, what round did they pick Ogletree in?

Wade wasn't the defensive coordinator. In fact, with Wade in charge Ogletree was traded. So I think you've established the exact opposite of what you were intending.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we would need to trade up or hope he drops.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Best available LB, hopefully Smith of vander Esch in the middle, or 1 of the the edge guys. Either way seems like it has to be LB.
There are quit a few to choose from, I think it will be Vander Esch, but I would be happy with one of several others!(y);)
I don't see Smith being around, But ..
* Edmunds - Virgina Tech.
* Evans - Ala.
* Kiser - Virginia
* Leonard - South Carolina St.
* Malik Jefferson - Texas
* Landry - Boston College
* Shaquem Griffin - UCF

And others!;)

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
My one thought for the day:
Pick 23 the Rams ought to pick either Evans or Landry.
3rd rd pick they should get a run stuffing MLB.
Their 1st pick in rd 4 they should get a speedy wide receiver who can stretch the field.
The rest of the draft should for depth in Oline, RB's, Dline, and LB's.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
* Evans - Ala.
* Kiser - Virginia
* Leonard - South Carolina St.
* Malik Jefferson - Texas
That's the gravy zone for ILB's......if we want our rookie inside to start, we grab one of these....

I think we can grab Jefferson AFTER a pass rushing OLB.....