Rams stadium progress

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Took this from the plane today

GLORIOUS

B99AA440-3912-401F-9015-05C52A197EE5.jpeg

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I just HATE that we have to share with the Chargers
I'm thinking sooner rather than later they will be leaving TBH.

with the San Diego St. Aztecs getting approved to build they can house the Chargers and it'll still be a lot more lucrative for both parties involved than what either have currently. ( Even housing with new Rams stadium)

Corbin

Anybody know if acoustically this place is designed to be loud?
Extremely curious as to this but as of right now I don't see how it could be by the build, I could be wrong but it seems it's not designed to be acoustically sound.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
The ETFE roof, as a clear membrane, will absorb some acoustical energy, but a lot of it will be deflected back down towards the field, like a giant dome.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The thing I have been curious about is when do they bring in the sections of the screen, and how are they going to hang it..........it's a big construction project but the scren is, I think< the one thing that hasn't been done before.

I wonder if they bring it in, cover and protect it, then put it up before they put in the grass and do the finishing touches like decorating concourses and such. I would think that kind of electronics would do well with lots of construction dust etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing that video.

with the San Diego St. Aztecs getting approved to build they can house the Chargers and it'll still be a lot more lucrative for both parties involved than what either have currently. ( Even housing with new Rams stadium)

It only seats 22,000 so Spanos isn't going to move into that and I doubt if the NFL would approve of a permanent stadium that small..;......didn't they have to approve them playing in the place they are currently in?

The ETFE roof, as a clear membrane, will absorb some acoustical energy, but a lot of it will be deflected back down towards the field, like a giant dome.

I think this is probably right, it sounds sensible since it's a membrane.

Corbin

The thing I have been curious about is when do they bring in the sections of the screen, and how are they going to hang it..........it's a big construction project but the scren is, I think< the one thing that hasn't been done before.

I wonder if they bring it in, cover and protect it, then put it up before they put in the grass and do the finishing touches like decorating concourses and such. I would think that kind of electronics would do well with lots of construction dust etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing that video.

It only seats 22,000 so Spanos isn't going to move into that and I doubt if the NFL would approve of a permanent stadium that small..;......didn't they have to approve them playing in the place they are currently in?

The article I read said the plans for the stadium is they could expand it out to 55 k seats which they have in mind as a possibility of bringing back the Chargers!

I as well am very curious as to the make up and how they will layer the top sheet. It’s going to be very interesting!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The article I read said the plans for the stadium is they could expand it out to 55 k seats which they have in mind as a possibility of bringing back the Chargers!

I as well am very curious as to the make up and how they will layer the top sheet. It’s going to be very interesting!

images

And since it's a building I have to include this meme as well. seewhatididthere

upload_2018-11-15_17-27-24.jpeg

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

I also can't tell from my untrained eye, but it looks like there is more seating that is closer to the field (at least compared to something like the coliseum) as you go up. That would be really cool if true.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David

NFL calls for at least 64,000 seats in a stadium if I remember correctly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

NFL calls for at least 64,000 seats in a stadium if I remember correctly.

Reports are initial capacity will be just over 70k with the ability to expand to close to 100k.