Rams Spank Bears: Media Fallout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cleveland had the title-taking Browns and all their glory so a lot of fans were okay with Rams leaving. After Cleveland Rams won it in 1945 there was little fanfare. But when you think about it teams were moving west... Dodgers, the Rams, and the Lakers. It was time for expansion. Leaving some disappointed fans behind but I get the feeling after reading stories that they weren't as offended as fans get these days.
Then why the rivalry? It certainly existed and I don’t know why that would be if not for the Rams leaving in 1946?

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Then why the rivalry? It certainly existed and I don’t know why that would be if not for the Rams leaving in 1946?
Rivalry mainly because of the back to back 1950-51 title games. Then another in 1958. I would need to dig up some reference material to see if the move sparked it. But from what I remember reading in "Great Teams Great Years" they never mentioned the move as the reason. It seemed more an AAFC team vs NFL rivalry than that. And the Eagles were part of it vs the Browns too because they got walloped as the favorites in a 1950 game. The Rams-Browns players seemed to have a lot of respect for each other though, at least they showed it when they were on a 70s game show... very complimentary of each other. Maybe another fan older than dirt can chime in on this. I wasn't alive back then so I only know from what I've read over the years.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you make TMZ for after the game everyone involved is a loser! Great good on the field by the entire Rams team!

Tano

Legend
Way, way too much makeup for my taste. Can’t stand that fake look. It’s like she’s wearing a makeup face mask.
Yeah she was wearing too much makeup but a lot of that is for TV. I don't know why but I really liked the hair style.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
e6bkm3gbp8561.jpg

btfd16

Rookie
I have no problem with Kay Adams. She is just another talking head with her own bias. All of them have their favorite teams. I don't think I've ever heard anything specific from her, i.e. nothing worse than any other talking head, male or female. Maybe people don't like her because she's not a guy or something.
This is me as well. To ask humans to separate bias will never happen 100%. I don't care. Stephen A outright laughs in the Cowboys face. Plus Peter Schrager is on the very same show and is outwardly a Ram lover because of his McVay connections. Kay has her own reasons. She's fine.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
If you remember, in "LA" some Rams fans switched to the Raiders in part because the team moved to Anaheim. I never got that, but it's true.
I don't personally know one single person who did that. Now.... the Raiders might have picked up some "Bad Boy" fans so to speak from the Rams just because of that Bad Boy Image. In my mind, those were fairweather fans anyways, so fuck them!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't personally know one single person who did that. Now.... the Raiders might have picked up some "Bad Boy" fans so to speak from the Rams just because of that Bad Boy Image. In my mind, those were fairweather fans anyways, so fuck them!
I knew internet fans who said they did that, but at the time the relocation drama In St Louis was in full swing and I was feeling a little twisted about Rams ownership It wasn't worth arguing about so I don't know how long they had been fans of the Rams before going full traitor with the Raiders. I DO know that some became Raiders fans after the Raiders won a Super Bowl in LA. Fucking disgusting..

bluecoconuts

Legend
I knew internet fans who said they did that, but at the time the relocation drama In St Louis was in full swing and I was feeling a little twisted about Rams ownership It wasn't worth arguing about so I don't know how long they had been fans of the Rams before going full traitor with the Raiders. I DO know that some became Raiders fans after the Raiders won a Super Bowl in LA. Fucking disgusting..

Nothing more disgusting than the fans who jumped to the 49ers though... :sick2:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Kay Adams looked like someone just ran over her dog, I feel like she hates us winning.
She evidently had a bad experience when working for the St Louis Rams ( if I had to guess, she got canned)
She has a much much better job now, but yet, she can't let it go.
Whoever marries her better hope there is never a divorce.
Because I can assure you her future ex will be homeless and have zero rights
if there are kids involved.
God pity the poor soul who falls into that spider web of this vindictive Black Widow.
********************************************************************************************************************
Yea I know I took some liberties in writing this, but just allowing my instincts to paint a picture and My instincts
have a pretty good batting average.
That's why I don't ogle over her like some. I Just get a evil vibe from her.

oldnotdead

Legend
LOL I have all the oggling bait I need at home. Most of the female hosts tend to be more traditional, i.e. a female version of the men. Hell, they even use the same expressions. Kay reminds me of a collegiate team booster. God knows I know a lot of them from my time in the south. I know some really rabid Tide fans who behave the exact same way as Kay at times. That's why I simply don't take offense. Kay used to work for the Bears, hosting special events. She has simply carried that on ever since.

I knew a 1971 graduate and Tide cheerleader who was the GF of one of my best Navy friends. Could never talk college football with her because there was only one team in the world. Believe me Kay Adam's behavior has nothing on that girl. She wouldn't even date unless the guy was as a rabid Tide fan as she was. So yeah I know all about women like Kay and she's not so bad as some. The Tide bitch was better looking too. But I could never get past that fanaticism. LOL