Rams signing Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think they only signed him for just the remainder of the year is to gauge his lockerroom presence and coachability. Also, I think Carson only wanted it that way. I'd be surprised if he didn't sign a one year deal next year. A lot will depend upon whether he plays or not and how well he does. One thing is for certain he has the arm to make every throw in McVay's offense. Sean won't have to change a thing.

If he has to play, he gives the Rams a legit chance to win in any of the remaining games. Hell, he may try to sell himself to the Niners next year. He's got to be better than Purdy who has hit a wall. The DCs now have a book on him. Pressure him and deny him easy throws in that 5 to 15 yard area. Beyond that, his accuracy and velocity fall off after 20 yards. He is what he is. A decent backup.

There is no question the Niners will be in the market next year for a QB. If Wentz has to play and plays well they will look long and hard at him to solve their problem and weaken the Rams. That's why I would rather he didn't play this year. If he doesn't play this year I think he would be inclined to sign a one year deal as a backup.