Rams signing Robert Woods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There are two problems with this thinking ... well 3 ... kinda. Height ( even smaller than DJ), shorter arms than you would like in ANY WR let alone a short one and his hand size is very small. DJ has big hands for a guy his size which helps him snatch balls out of the air.
I would love for TA to prove me wrong ... .but i just doubt he can overcome these (lack of) physical attributes that make up a great WR. But if that is what they think they are going to do with him .... i'm gonna pray they are right. I think we still need to add another speed element to the WR corps, or mike Thomas needs to show up big this year.

I agree. Tavon will never have DJs production.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think for the Rams to get one of the three it will have to be in round 1. If TE Engram is available I wouldn't be surprised if he is the pick.
No way all three of those guys go in Rd. one. Too many teams with other needs at other positions and then there are the other guys already at the top (Williams, Davis, etc.) One ... if not all three will be there in the early 2nd Rd. If not .. .there is going to be some pretty good guys at other positions that we might want to be considering. This draft is DEEP at WR, DB, DL and TE this year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
@ReddingRam and @StealYoGurley - I'd definitely say that TA doesn't have Desean's physical skillsets nor Crowder's agility. I don't think he's really comparable to either which is the problem. People have been talking about TA in the slot for ages but the kid can't cut for jack or run precise enough routes to make being in the slot a real viability, the only thing he shares with slot receivers is a general size disadvantage which has not equated to ankle breaking agility or savvy route running. So, while he doesn't share Desean's size/nor stature/or route running ability, he best fits (even if it's an ill fit) Desean's use as a deep threat in McVay's offense. We're stuck with a very expensive square peg which will will again try to fit in a round hole. That hole being a deep threat outside threat and not a slot receiver.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Not to mention ... Woods is going to be a HEAVY crowd favorite playing in L.A. When he makes a play, it is gonna light up the crowd and I think things like that only boost the whole offense. It just gives that spark!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
@ReddingRam and @StealYoGurley - I'd definitely say that TA doesn't have Desean's physical skillsets nor Crowder's agility. I don't think he's really comparable to either which is the problem. People have been talking about TA in the slot for ages but the kid can't cut for jack or run precise enough routes to make being in the slot a real viability, the only thing he shares with slot receivers is a general size disadvantage which has not equated to ankle breaking agility or savvy route running. So, while he doesn't share Desean's size/nor stature/or route running ability, he best fit (even if it's an ill fit) Desean's use as a deep threat in McVay's offense. We're stuck with a very expensive square peg which will will again try to fit in a round hole. That hole being a deep threat outside threat and not a slot receiver.
I agree ... but the short arms and small hands worry me in that role. i never doubt his speed. We shall see. I'm hoping this offensive staff can bring out the best potential of all of our Off. players

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not to mention ... Woods is going to be a HEAVY crowd favorite playing in L.A. When he makes a play, it is gonna light up the crowd and I think things like that only boost the whole offense. It just gives that spark!
Good point. This is a talented player. I have always been a fan of his, he is still young, and IMO, he will be our best #2 option for next year. So, he is an upgrade from that standpoint, a big one. I hope he finds that magic again....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I really like this signing!!

Turns 25 in April. Lots of upside here.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Love this signing.I ,like @shaunpinney wanted the Rams to draft this guy.
This guy does everything well.Runs great routes,Blocks as well as any WR in the
game and catches everything he touches.Still need someone to take the top
off the defense,though I think Tavon will get more opportunities to do this, than he has
so far in his career.(work on those hands TA.)

I have a feeling Woods will be wearing horns for quite a while.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjW6a1FTt4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ7kiaf6Y_4

Zero

Pro Bowler
I agree ... but the short arms and small hands worry me in that role. i never doubt his speed. We shall see. I'm hoping this offensive staff can bring out the best potential of all of our Off. players
Brother, We finally have a offensive staff capable
of doing just that.And it feels GOOD!

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Bills Fan Reaction to Woods:

"See ya Woods....
…Hope you find the targets you’re looking forward. You’ll be sorely missed!!!

"If Goff finds his way in the NFL, the Rams could end up with a very pass-heavy offense."

"That Seattle game basically sealed his fate. It showed what he can do when thrown the ball, but keeping Taylor means he’d continue to lack regular targets."

"I wish him well, I feel like Goff and the Rams are a better spot for him to use his skillset."

"I was hoping to keep him
Wish we would have retained him for that money. Looks more and more like a receiver at 10. Wishing Woods nothing but the best to a class act guy."

"So we just lost our most reliable and experienced WR
That’s not a good start towards improving the WR group around Ty. Here’s hoping Sammy has an adamantium foot now."

"At least he didn't go to the Pats
I’ll miss him though, loved his intensity and blocking ability"

"We’ll miss your blocking…"

"
no woody
1f61e.png

Woody was my favorite bill, keep progressing!"

"We lost a couple of true character guys today in Woody and A-Will"

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As others have said, Woods fits the Garcon role. I'm excited to see him in action.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Great signing! He can catch and runs good routes. Likes him coming out if SC.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I've said it before after the Bills drafted Watkins and I'll say it again, the Bills never used Woods.

This is coming early so someone save this and call me out if I'm wrong. Robert Woods goes over 1,000 yards THIS SEASON.

Come at me, bros.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I've said it before after the Bills drafted Watkins and I'll say it again, the Bills never used Woods.

This is coming early so someone save this and call me out if I'm wrong. Robert Woods goes over 1,000 yards THIS SEASON.

Come at me, bros.
I'll buy in. I think this staff is going to know how to use him properly

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

Come at me, bros.

Count me in, I can see that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Woods is going to be good, I trust our coaching staff to develop him (wow does that feel nice to say!)

But now that I see the uniform in action from Madden I'm less into it. The gold just clashes too much.