Rams signing OG Jonah Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think Jackson is in their plans. Paying a LT is pricey, even if they're middle of the road at best. So there is value in keeping him on the cheap this year but I think they want a real LT. These moves speak to that IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, they aren't drafting Cooper Beebe. But I'm perfectly fine with this signing. Jackson's around the same age as Dotson, and I was on board with moving Avila to center from the start.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wow! Didn’t see this coming! Just goes to show how little we know. Of course, a few saw the option of moving Avila to C and maybe drafting a stud G. ( Sorry Momento, no Beebe now). But this does seem to reduce the chance of us grabbing a top Edge or resigning Shelton. If we use #19, seems much more likely to be Edge or CB now.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow! Didn’t see this coming! Just goes to show how little we know. Of course, a few saw the option of moving Avila to C and maybe drafting a stud G. ( Sorry Momento, no Beebe now). But this does seem to reduce the chance of us grabbing a top Edge or resigning Shelton. If we use #19, seems much more likely to be Edge or CB now.

Would trade down and select Xavier Worthy with a pick in the twenties, maybe get a third-round (or, if we're lucky, a late second-round) pick for someone to move up. With us all but guaranteeing we don't draft Beebe or Bowers, I'm all on the Worthy bullet-train.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm also guessing this three year contract is structured similarly to Dotson's as well. So it's probably a two year contract with a third year if the Rams are happy with him. I really like these three year deals they are doing. They aren't committing huge dollars so they can get out from under them if they need to with limited exposure.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay outright said he was looking at the OLs in front of Brees last season, so totally not surprised
Asshole Face is from that Parcells tree where the QB having room to step up allows you to have more physical tackles vice the guys with great feet. And that style tends to work very well in the playoffs.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
So you guys think we are done with Free agency except for lower level free agents?
I sure hope we address something on the defensive side before the dust settles or we are going to be forced to make picks in the draft, which is never a good strategy.
What are you referencing in determine Jackson is “average at best”?
PFF rating. I can't (and really nobody) can claimed to have watched all his snaps last year. He's rated very similarly to Shelton.
LT at 19 would definitely cement the build. Has to fall right for us of course but they're positioned very nicely to take advantage if it's there or switch it up and go get something else they need.
Man, if they go OL with pick 19 we will be needing to score 50 every game to be in it.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Seeing more about Jackson, particularly Brandon Thornes tweet about him, has me feeling a bit better about the signing. I guess Jackson was hurt a good portion of last year. Hope the trend doesn't continue as we already have a street clothes player on our OL.