Rams signing C.J. Anderson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
C.J. Anderson released by Oakland Raiders
BySTEVEN TARANTO Dec 11, 4:12 PM
When the Oakland Raiders signed former Pro Bowl running back C.J. Anderson just one week ago, it appeared that Anderson had a brand new NFL home back in the AFC West. Unfortunately for Anderson, his tenure with the Silver and Black was a very short-lived one.

A little under a week after signing the Pro Bowler and Super Bowl 50 Champion, the Raiders announced Tuesday that they have released Anderson in a series of roster moves. Anderson was waived as the Raiders made moves to sign offensive linemen, adding guard Cameron Hunt and guard/tackle Denver Kirkland while sending guard/center Jon Feliciano to Injured Reserve.

Anderson, a native of Richmond, California, had gotten an opportunity to join the Raiders last week after his tenure with the Carolina Panthers came to an end. Anderson signed a one-year contract with the Panthers in free agency, and was originally slated to serve as a compliment to star running back Christian McCaffrey. However, with McCaffrey experiencing a breakout season and serving as critical weapon in both the run and pass game, the Panthers opted to keep McCaffrey on the field for most every play - Which led to Anderson's opportunities dwindling down to close to nothing. Following Week 10, the Panthers released Anderson in an effort to allow him to pursue another opportunity.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/Article/CJ-Anderson-released-Raiders-126230604/
Screenshot_1.jpg

Rainram

Starter
It’s as solid a signing as we could get in this situation.

Veteran presence, scheme familiarity and blocking ability are all positives. I hope he’s ready enough to go this week.

I would still like to get Kelly some touches, though.

I say give Gurley the week off and pound the hell out of Anderson, Kelly and Davis. Let the OLine focus on their run game more too. Let Goff focus on some easy high percentage stuff to get back in the groove. We should still be able to beat the worst team in football with that recipe.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
At 5' 8" and 225 pounds Anderson is built like a fireplug. Plus he's only 27. He also has Super Bowl 50 ring from his time with the Broncos and Wade Phillips.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Hmmm. On paper, this is a great signing. But you gotta wonder why he's on his 4th team this year.
Is he kind of a dick or something?
104F3543-7E6F-4146-A171-C7B07D61798B.jpeg

Somethin’ wrong with tryin’ on a new uniform, every now and then?

09899BD4-DC38-4D8B-A384-428FB3E8FB9D.jpeg

CJ seems like a cool dude to me.

923EBE29-DC2C-471C-BD01-6FCC23D8D0F5.jpeg

But yeah. He’s kind of a dick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good timing too with Gore going down he might have gotten a call from them.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This shows our front office doing their due diligence, I like the fact that they are not just sitting on their hands. The pick up of Fowler shored up our OLBer and now Anderson improves our RB room. I bet Goff is delighted.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have to wonder about RB Justin Davis.....seems to be hurt often. He had one carry for 1 yard & took a hit & came up damaged. TG had to come back in after his knee flaired up. Not Good. Was Davis always hurt in college?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
By the way, DeMarco Farr grew up in Richmond. Anderson grew up more in neighboring Vallejo, though. Both tough towns. (For the Bay Area)

Are there any easy towns in the bay area? I always joked that in my High School we used to beat each up with our cashmere sweaters.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Oh sure. Marin County. Nothing but pussies in Marin County.

:hiding:

What about McFarland, is that a tough town? Watching that movie I had no doubt that I would've been from Palo Alto, if I lived in Cali.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have to wonder about RB Justin Davis.....seems to be hurt often. He had one carry for 1 yard & took a hit & came up damaged. TG had to come back in after his knee flaired up. Not Good. Was Davis always hurt in college?

Not sure if Davis was hurt in college, but agree, that he could be the next Lamar Gordon, Gordon was always healthy, until Marshall Faulk was hurt and then so was Gordon.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
What about McFarland, is that a tough town? Watching that movie I had no doubt that I would've been from Palo Alto, if I lived in Cali.
McFarland? That’s near Bakersfield.

Yeah Palo Alto is about your cup of tea, Denny, although you would certainly fit in with the well-coiffed circles of Atherton down the road.