Rams signing C.J. Anderson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Having CJ Anderson on our squad is equivalent to when the Chargers had LT, Michael Turner, and Lorenzo Neal.

It's the ultimate slash and burn, thunder and lightning, ground and pound attack.

I hope we can keep him and keep him rolling

Name
Coleman
The amazing thing about the CJ Anderson signing is that Les TraderDonKlostermanClone Snead got this formidable RB for nadda, nuthin', bupkus, zero, dick, pocket-lint, a bag of sailboat fuel, a song......

seriously, how sharp is Les Snead to scoop this type of useful addition to Los Ramos at this critical time of the season and be paying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!.

Over this 3 games with Los Ramos, Anderson is averaging 141 yards per game rushing for us!!
Hardly a street-signing eh!!!

Kudos to Les Snead and his staff!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Shoulda got hunt im only a little bit Joking

Meanwhile at Kareem Hunt's house...

Heirs_Older_sister_slap.gif.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://deadspin.com/rams-beat-cowboys-with-a-star-turn-from-a-beefy-beauti-1831710339

Rams Beat Cowboys With A Star Turn From A Beefy, Beautiful Jon Gruden Castoff
Dennis Young

Perhaps when Jon Gruden insisted that he got “a lot of phone calls from people who are dying to come and play here,” he was telling the truth, and those players didn’t mention how long they planned on staying. Even the briefest stints in Oakland appear to be performance-enhancing.

Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper were season-changing acquisitions for the Bears and Cowboys, respectively, but anyone could have predicted that. No, the best proof of the special sauce in Oakland is new Rams star C.J. Anderson, a human bowling ball who just keeps rolling. The Panthers cut Anderson on Nov. 12; the Raiders signed him on Dec. 4, and he was cut a week later without playing a single down.

Anderson played seven games this fall with the Panthers; he had just 24 carries for 104 yards, and zero touchdowns. Since joining the Rams as injury and rest insurance for Todd Gurley, Anderson has rushed 167 yards and a touchdown, 132 yards yards and a TD, and 123 and two TDs to help the Rams advance tonight.

Anderson racked up most of his yardage in the first half before gashing the Cowboys on several key runs on a withering, 12-play drive that devoured more than seven minutes in the fourth quarter. Anderson eventually scored on fourth and goal to put the Rams up 30-15. With an assist from Jason Garrett’s clock management, the game ended at 30-22.

Anderson’s game was positively Bettisian at times:

View: https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1084271946194284545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1084271946194284545&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1084271946194284545%26autosize%3D1

Anderson is a delightful corrective against the NFL’s trend toward leaner running backs. He’s listed at 5-8, 225 pounds, but that might be truer in the presidential sense than the literal one. He admitted a few years ago that he was up to 243 pounds. The best image from tonight might be him taking a breather on the Cowboys bench between plays:

vub7prbv4m88zm0a4obi.jpg

hdtt8gev5hc8dvesykpd.jpg

All photos via Getty Images.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kyle Brandt: L.A. Rams running back C.J Anderson is 'the hottest player in the NFL playoffs'
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyle-brandt-l-rams-running-173800335.html

C.J. Anderson addresses recent weight gain
https://247sports.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/Article/CJ-Anderson-weight-gain-Rams-127871624/
ByConnor Casey

Between his 299 yards while filling in for an injured Todd Gurley to close out the regular season and his 123 yards and two touchdowns against the Cowboys in the Divisional Round, Anderson has given the LA offense the extra jolt it needed to break the team's 14-year playoff win drought. But for as good as he's been, fans couldn't help but point out something else about Anderson — his weight. Officially he's billed at 225 pounds but has looked quite a bit heavier than that since he started the season with the Panthers.

It turns out Anderson has a reason for his recent weight gain. As he explained on The Dan Patrick Show on Tuesday, Anderson has been putting on weight as his wife is getting ready to have a baby.

"Right now, I'm 5-8, about 235. So I'm about 10 pounds over what I am. I've got a baby due in April — got a daughter due in April, so I'm kind of having that man pregnancy weight," Anderson said with a laugh.

Anderson the said he doesn't mind the weight jokes.

"Everybody has the jokes of what I weigh or how I look or how I'm built. At the end of the day, I feel like I'm moving deceptively. I feel like I'm trying to put myself in the best positions," Anderson said. "Obviously next year, with an offseason when you can train and work off some things that you were doing -- at one point I was where I was supposed to be. And then after being released from Oakland, thought the year was over, so I actually shut myself down definitely thinking the year was over. Obviously that didn't happen, but obviously I'm good enough to play, so that's fine."

The Rams finished with 273 yards of rushing offense against Dallas while also holding Ezekiel Elliott to just 47 yards on 20 carries. Coach Sean McVay gave Anderson and Gurley glowing reviews after Saturday night's win.

"I think C.J.'s done a great job since he's gotten here and then, obviously, we know what a special player Todd is," McVay said. "We thought it was going to be able to be a nice complement. If you told me that it was going to work out as well as it did tonight, I don't know that I would've said that, but the guys did a great job. I think they are a nice complement to each other. C.J. leveled some things off and it was good just to get Todd back. You could see, when he put his foot in the ground for that 35-yard touchdown run, that looked like the guy that we're accustomed to seeing. I think just getting his wind underneath them, not having played for so long, he was able to get a bunch of work — did a great job, was instrumental in the win tonight. But, those guys both did a great job and (coach) Skip Peete getting those guys ready — what else can you say about him but, what a great job he's done, really, throughout the whole year."

Last edited:

Ram77

Rookie
C.J Anderson has a strong resemblance to Jerome Bettis. Hefty backs who are light on their feet and deceptively quick and fast for their size. Our backfield is basically Todd Gurley and Jerome Bettis’ clone. We just shot right past the Saints for the best current backfield in the NFL

Attachments

• 9AF304BD-A8A2-4486-B7A4-BC9E7D45F19B.jpeg
    9AF304BD-A8A2-4486-B7A4-BC9E7D45F19B.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 069D4E8B-B63C-49CA-88E7-AD24FDE4BBFF.jpeg
    069D4E8B-B63C-49CA-88E7-AD24FDE4BBFF.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 57

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually think he's a better complement to Gurley at 235 (if that's REALLY what he weighs loool). The extra weight seems to play well with his running style, and gives him a little more power when he's rolling.

Our backfield is basically Todd Gurley and Jerome Bettis’ clone.

Funny you mention that, was talkin with the kid the other day and Bettis came up, where I mentioned CJ has some nimble feet that sorta remind me of him. Bettis of course was in a class by himself in terms of nimble feet for his size, but at this point if we keep CJ around I think I'd tell him don't worry about gettin all trimmed up this offseason we're OK with you fat. :ROFLMAO:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look at the body language of those Dallas players. Just crushed. Absolutely crushed. (y)

vub7prbv4m88zm0a4obi.jpg

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CJ’s pregame nutrition program is the only one that includes a baker’s dozen of donuts.

Go Rams!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this and I'm sorry about posting this if they did but what about some plays with CJ and Gurley both in the backfield with CJ lined up in front of Gurley.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Rams' secret weapon

by Mike Freeman
fde8ceca5779b0a2768810d3effbebfe_crop_exact.jpg

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...int-stance-saints-are-partying-with-a-purpose

It's been an interesting year for running back C.J. Anderson. He was cut by the Broncos in April. Signed by the Panthers in May. Cut by the Panthers in November. Signed by the Raiders in December. Cut by the Raiders a week later. And signed by the Rams a week before Christmas.

Now he finds himself in the NFC title game after rushing for 422 yards and four touchdowns in three games with the Rams. To put it mildly, he's been one of the most game-changing players of this season.

Former Colts player Reggie Wayne, on the NFL Network, broke down Anderson's value:

NFL Total Access @NFLTotalAccess
A lot of things have changed since week 9 for the Rams and Saints. @ReggieWayne_17 tells us what the biggest change is ⬇️ https://t.co/GIsSR3HFoA

Anderson won't be easy to deal with for a Saints team that already has to figure out what to do with Todd Gurley and a good Rams passing offense. And if the last few weeks are any indication, Anderson may have as much of an impact on the game as any other player in it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this and I'm sorry about posting this if they did but what about some plays with CJ and Gurley both in the backfield with CJ lined up in front of Gurley.
Why? Only 1 of them gets the ball, and by having one as a decoy it takes a player off the field who is a requirement to a successful play.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I actually think he's a better complement to Gurley at 235 (if that's REALLY what he weighs loool). The extra weight seems to play well with his running style, and gives him a little more power when he's rolling. Funny you mention that, was talkin with the kid the other day and Bettis came up, where I mentioned CJ has some nimble feet that sorta remind me of him. Bettis of course was in a class by himself in terms of nimble feet for his size, but at this point if we keep CJ around I think I'd tell him don't worry about gettin all trimmed up this offseason we're OK with you fat.
:ROFLMAO:
I am all in for serious considerations that the Rams make a good in spirit effort to sign CJ for the 2019 season. CJ was the badly needed sparkplug that has revitalized this team's underperforming rushing attack in conjunction with our well-seasoned offensive line. Kromer should get credit too for his involvement in keeping this team in a power forward mode mindset here going into the playoffs where a good running game travels well right into Orleans.

I fully realize that Malcolm Brown is a fine backup to Gurley but he does not rise to the heights compare to what CJ does. CJ & Brown are just about the same age too. I also understand that Rams invested a 6th rd selection in John Kelly. As far as Justin Davis he is always injured when you need him..(n) TGII in 6th months will enter his 5th season as a well-utilized college & NFL RB. He is truly special player IMO & how much longer could we get from TGII if we were able to use him in tandem with CJ? TGII left knee is already remaining inflamed. How much better would he explode into the secondary being on fresh legs like the Saints use Alvin Kamara?

Mc Vay/ Kromer know fully well that CJ is the perfect fit for this Kromer run schemes even better than TGII is. If you think on that for a while. Please, Snead let's sign him up.

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Really hard to pay him anything close to market value considering what Gurley is already getting.
Really need to just enjoy him while we have him

He may really like being with the Rams after what he has been through this past season and sign a team friendly deal. Plus if he stays I believe they let M.Brown walk.