Rams signing C.J. Anderson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
C.J. Anderson over the past two weeks: 43 rushes, 299 yards, 7.0 YPC, and 2 TDs. LOL at the Raiders and Panthers. What idiots.
Does anyone know if Anderson set the Rams record for rushing yards in their first two games?

I think the previous record holder may have been Charles White in 1985 with 227.

I checked Gurley, Faulk, Dickerson, Bell, Bettis. Someone is going to have to help me out with some of the older names to check, maybe somebody else in a fluky situation like White and Anderson. Gurley would have set it if he didn't play a bit in his first game. The next two he went for 305.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s a bad look.
Anderson is a legit 1000 yard rusher, and still young. And was let go for nothing.
All for Rams gain. He’s playing like a stud, not like some street free agent.
But it’s cool, I get it. You were wrong on him and just don’t want to admit it. Biggest problem he caused is figuring out how to keep him involved with Gurley back.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anyone know if Anderson set the Rams record for rushing yards in their first two games?

I think the previous record holder may have been Charles White in 1985 with 227.

I checked Gurley, Faulk, Dickerson, Bell, Bettis. Someone is going to have to help me out with some of the older names to check, maybe somebody else in a fluky situation like White and Anderson. Gurley would have set it if he didn't play a bit in his first game. The next two he went for 305.
Rams record? Might be an NFL record

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
All's I know is, we are very very lucky he was available. Gave us a comfort level that we could rest Gurley & still have a running game threat. Also gave us an opportunity to mix things up a bit with 12 looks.
Seems the Rams could never luck out on FAs, now we're hitting on them + draft picks like Boom. Injuries can scuttle a SB run, but we have legit options at WR, LT & RB. Depth matters.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Yeah - Jamon Brown is starting for NY Giants.
They were able to pick up Demby after being cut again by another team. He has a lot of upside at a better value moving forward.Plus a little more salary cap space ?? Not sure , but Brown was not in The Rams future.
I like the way The Rams are being able to add such solid players. Sam Shields was an excellent find as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All's I know is, we are very very lucky he was available. Gave us a comfort level that we could rest Gurley & still have a running game threat. Also gave us an opportunity to mix things up a bit with 12 looks.
Seems the Rams could never luck out on FAs, now we're hitting on them + draft picks like Boom. Injuries can scuttle a SB run, but we have legit options at WR, LT & RB. Depth matters.

Having Reynolds was HUGE for Coperr Kupp !! He had 2 TD catch’s which no one is talking about !!
Yes , if Anderson was not available, I have to question if The Rams get home field advantage & have the momentum they have right now going into the playoffs ??
Gurley might(would) have been forced to play. Kelly is not the answer. Malcom Browns injury was a big one as well. He has been a stud for The Rams since McVay took over.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Having Reynolds was HUGE for Coperr Kupp !! He had 2 TD catch’s which no one is talking about !!
Yes , if Anderson was not available, I have to question if The Rams get home field advantage & have the momentum they have right now going into the playoffs ??
Gurley might(would) have been forced to play. Kelly is not the answer. Malcom Browns injury was a big one as well. He has been a stud for The Rams since McVay took over.
Ya Reynolds is what I meant about legit WR options. We needed a bigger bodied WR back-up to run the offense the way we did when we had Kupp, so Reynolds being who he is changes our game plan a bit, but he is a RZ magnet. Gotta use him right but it looks like we're doing just that. 2 TD's (with some almost-had's) is a great day for any WR, even a WR1. If he could gain a few more pounds... spend a bit more time at da buffet....

Kevin

Pro Bowler
It’s a bad look.
Anderson is a legit 1000 yard rusher, and still young. And was let go for nothing.
All for Rams gain. He’s playing like a stud, not like some street free agent.
But it’s cool, I get it. You were wrong on him and just don’t want to admit it. Biggest problem he caused is figuring out how to keep him involved with Gurley back.
The Rams are not likely to re-sign Anderson for the 2019 season, so does that make the Rams stupid too? Like flv said, it was a football decision that sometimes teams have to make.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
The Rams are not likely to re-sign Anderson for the 2019 season, so does that make the Rams stupid too? Like flv said, it was a football decision that sometimes teams have to make.
I know, I know. I fan can dream tho. Give us at least until FA starts before you crush all our hopes & dreams. :(

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, you don't know how likely re-signing him is going to be, so how is that part of the conversation?
Point being, he was available to the Rams at a bargain basement price because 2 other teams managed their cap poorly. So the Rams get a starter caliber RB at league minimum.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well his value has sure raised these last 2 weeks. Aaron Donald signing eats up a lot of the salary cap. The defense is what scares me ? How does the 49ers get 32 points ??

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'd love to see Anderson back next season as our 2nd rb, but let's be real, he'll be starting somewhere next season.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Well his value has sure raised these last 2 weeks. Aaron Donald signing eats up a lot of the salary cap. The defense is what scares me ? How does the 49ers get 32 points ??
Our starters only played 2 1/2 quarters. You're forgetting our defense is what put up half our points through either scoring or turning the ball over in there territory.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
No matter what happens with CJ, I think it is safe to say , we'd have a good chance of playing this weekend were it for not having him tote the rock these last two games... !!!!!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
By being down by 28 points early in the 3rd quarter and 31 points early in the 4th as the Rams put the game completely out of reach.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love to see Anderson back next season as our 2nd rb, but let's be real, he'll be starting somewhere next season.
I don't know....The reason why he wasn't a #1 this year was because the Broncos wanted to save money and go with a cheaper guy that had as much upside (according to them) as C.J.....He will be another year older and no one wants to give a big contract to a good RB at his age....I hope for his sake, some team does and I'm wrong about it. I selfishly want him in Horns next year too!