Rams sign WR Nick Toon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Per Rotoworld:

Rams WR Brian Quick is a healthy scratch for Week 3.
Quick just can't get up to speed after missing essentially the entire offseason and summer. He should be back before the Rams' Week 6 bye. Sep 27 - 11:45 AM

Up to speed, like I playbook?? Well that's concerning. Quick did struggle with his assignments under Schotty for a long time. IDK

Week 6 is after the bye. Sounds a little pathetic.

Athos

Legend
Per Rotoworld:

Quick just can't get up to speed after missing essentially the entire offseason and summer. He should be back before the Rams' Week 6 bye. Sep 27 - 11:45 AM

Is that week 3 or week 4? Next week is week 4.

FrankenRam

Starter
Or he's just full of crap. Which seems to be his M.O. and reason "#whatever" of why I'm weary of how this organization is run.

You don't even need to "tell the full truth" to tell us what the freak is going on. He's either ready to play mentally and physically......or he isn't.

Or he's in legal trouble......but not at liberty to discuss.

Tired of Fisher's trash coach speak. One of the more irritating information coaches in the league.....

Why do I suspect you'd really dislike Bellicheat if you lived in NE. :)

Rainram

Starter
Here's a hefty reach...Maybe we shop Cook. He's just an inconsistent WR anyway. Seriously, that's all he is. Maybe we can offload him and his salary somehow. Wouldn't be Snead's first in-season trade.

Adding Toon replaces the big body that was Cook. Who, or what, we get in return would be something else entirely. As much as Fisher is loyal to his guys...he ain't afraid to part ways when it's time...see Finnegan.

It's such an interesting move, because I don't see how they plan on incorporating Toon.

jjab360

Legend
Per Rotoworld:

Up to speed, like I playbook?? Well that's concerning. Quick did struggle with his assignments under Schotty for a long time. IDK

Week 6 is after the bye. Sounds a little pathetic.
That is entirely one of Rotoworld's writer's interpretation of events. No inside info.

jjab360

Legend
Here's a hefty reach...Maybe we shop Cook. He's just an inconsistent WR anyway. Seriously, that's all he is. Maybe we can offload him and his salary somehow. Wouldn't be Snead's first in-season trade.
But it would be his first time trading a player away in-season.

That type of move always reeks of giving up to me.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Can he run block?
Yes, it's one of his biggest up points.

Toon's basically the definition of a possession receiver, not the fastest, he's not going to burn guys, but he's going to get open and he's not going to drop the ball. In his career he's been targeted 35 times, caught 21 and only dropped 3. With our third down woes that'd be monumental, it'll give somebody for Foles to throw to intermediate or short if Britt doesn't get open.

Rainram

Starter
But it would be his first time trading a player away in-season.

That type of move always reeks of giving up to me.
What the Bears did with Allen is giving up.

If we were to move Cook (which I consider doubtful anyway), it might smell of desperation, or sending a fucking message, but not giving up. Especially if we could get something in return (high pick, veteran OLineman, blocking TE, Bill Callahan.)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Adding Toon replaces the big body that was Cook. Who, or what, we get in return would be something else entirely. As much as Fisher is loyal to his guys...he ain't afraid to part ways when it's time...see Finnegan.

It's such an interesting move, because I don't see how they plan on incorporating Toon.

No one wants that contract though. If we could get something for Cook, I'd happily take it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this comes across as snippy, I'm sorry that's not my intent, but did you read my post fully?

Like I said, the guy just couldn't stay healthy. Like Amendola to us, his skills to the Saints didn't warrant them paying him to sit on their bench and look pretty while others were stepping up around him.

But as we've seen with Amendola, sometimes a change of scenery and strength and conditioning is all the help in the world. Now he's suddenly not as injury prone and an accident walking to happen now that he's in New England. I have hopes that maybe our change of pace can help Toon realize some of his potential.

I know one thing, I'm rooting for the guy as the newest Ram.

Across 16 games with NO, he has 283 yards and 1 TD. This isn't Amendola. He produced when he was on the field. And Amendola didn't have Brees throwing him the ball.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Across 16 games with NO, he has 283 yards and 1 TD. This isn't Amendola. He produced when he was on the field. And Amendola didn't have Brees throwing him the ball.
Just putting down the bare sum stats doesn't tell the full story of a player.

Amendola was also our number one receiver and on a short list of guys who were actually catching the balls for us.

Toon was the 3 or 4th guy on their depth chart who was there to see if he could develop into a pretty good second or third guy. They liked what they saw in him, and were sad to see him go, but they couldn't justify keeping his salary when he wasn't playing. It's a lot easier to put up big stats when you're getting targeted hundreds of times over 35 times.

This guy isn't going to be the salvation of our offense, but if he can come and play up to his potential he'll be a pretty good go to guy.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe the dropped passes this last game are going to send someone packing to set an example.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Maybe he's not lying. Maybe it's something entirely different....like some off field issue that's under investigation and he simply isn't at liberty to speak about.

I hope that's far-fetched, but who knows.
This actually makes sense and has been on my mind for a few days. Maybe there's a pending suspension for someone?