Rams sign WR Nick Toon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This guy is just garbage too...Not to be dave downer, but the last thing they need is a slow wr...Why not draft one if Quick couldn't make it back? Why didn't Snisher grab a solid UDFA wr? Toon? Why let Blake outta here?

Psycho_X

Legend
I just don't know, the only obvious answer to this signing and Quick's continued absence while our offense absolutely fails at everything week after week is that Quick had a bad set back some where. His injury was originally career threatening and he was treated like such in the offseason and training camp.

My only logical conclusion to everything that has happened up to this point is that Brian Quick will not play this season. And quite frankly, if that's the case without any serious injury that we've seen ourselves during a game is it because they just don't trust his repaired shoulder? Which would lead to the next logical conclusion of... Brian Quick's career is over.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It's probably just a practice squad signing now that I think about it, if he has eligibility left.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think it's a move based on our other Wrs, not so much Quick. My hope is that Quick will be ready for Az, he did basically miss the entire offseason. Besides Britt, who only showed up 1 game, and almost got injured our Wrs have done next to nothing. TA is showing promiss, and Sted had a good catch against Sea, but thats it. If Britt goes down, or Quick isn't ready we are screwed. Again, I hope Quick is ok and just needed extra time to get NFL ready.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But as we've seen with Amendola, sometimes a change of scenery and strength and conditioning is all the help in the world. Now he's suddenly not as injury prone and an accident walking to happen now that he's in New England.
Thats because he isn't used as much with the Pats...No more 80+ catch seasons...Stays relatively healthy...

V3

Hall of Fame
I just don't know, the only obvious answer to this signing and Quick's continued absence while our offense absolutely fails at everything week after week is that Quick had a bad set back some where. His injury was originally career threatening and he was treated like such in the offseason and training camp.

My only logical conclusion to everything that has happened up to this point is that Brian Quick will not play this season. And quite frankly, if that's the case without any serious injury that we've seen ourselves during a game is it because they just don't trust his repaired shoulder? Which would lead to the next logical conclusion of... Brian Quick's career is over.
But they've said he's perfectly fine physically. If Quick is done with football, it's for other reasons.....unless Fisher lied about Quick being healthy and I don't know why he would lie about that sort of thing.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Quick isn't healthy - they could use IR eligible for return. If he really isn't healthy, they could use IR. If he will never play again, they could cut him.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is to keep using a spot on the 53 man on him.

That is, of course, unless he is just getting back mentally. I don't mean routes and concepts - I mean is he being tentative - is he favoring it - even subconsciously.

If he is done and the Rams are going to move on - then move on. No more half measures.

Psycho_X

Legend
But they've said he's perfectly fine physically. If Quick is done with football, it's for other reasons.....unless Fisher lied about Quick being healthy and I don't know why he would lie about that sort of thing.

I agree, why would he lie about that sort of thing but it wouldn't be the first time he's lied to the media. You'd think he wouldn't about something like this but who knows. The silence on the subject lately on top of our anemic offense that one would think Quick could help instantly and this sudden courting of street WRs has me worried.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Thats because he isn't used as much with the Pats...No more 80+ catch seasons...Stays relatively healthy...
Not at all, in fact they have him listed at their number 1 across from Edelman. He's still one of their primary receivers, but Brady actually has other people to throw to. Don't mistake having other targets like most normal teams do as a lack of use.

In a perfect world, all our TEs would be catching the passes they should and scoring like they should and our WRs would take a hit in production too. I wouldn't say getting 538, 456 and 70 of the team's snaps is a diminished role.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Imagine they activate Quick for the Az game and he goes 6-120-1

Would Fisher ever hear the end of it from Rams fans? We would blame him for weeks 2 and 3 forever.

Oh, wait - we already do?

Nothing to lose Coach, let's give him a look.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't Fisher be required by the league to include Quick on the injury report if he is isn't practicng, even if it's not injury related? Wouldn't the post practice report also mention Quick not practicing?

V3

Hall of Fame
Because Fisher is a chronic liar.
I still can't figure out why this would be the type of thing he'd lie about. I get some lies like trying to gain a competitive advantage or trying to protect a player but this accomplishes neither. If anything, it's unfair to Quick because people are now wondering if he's done, in the dog house, etc. The local media needs to press Fisher on this situation, IMO.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Damn. Took me like a full minute to figure out what the hell you were talking about.
Cartoon cartoon!

And I still love me some cartoons, even in my mid-30's. I swear there's better cartoons on now than when I was a kid... love me some Rick and Morty, Steven Universe, Adventure Time and Bob's Burgers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cartoon cartoon!

And I still love me some cartoons, even in my mid-30's. I swear there's better cartoons on now than when I was a kid... love me some Rick and Morty, Steven Universe, Adventure Time and Bob's Burgers.
No Archer?

Ban yourself for 10 minutes.