Rams sign new kicker (Lucas Havrisik) CUT | Rams sign Brett Maher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Must have seen something they like in him. Hope it pans out better than Maher.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In college at Arizona, Havrisik made 34 of his 53 field goal attempts, with a long of 57 yards – tying the school record. He also went 73-for-78 on extra point attempts at Arizona.

Tano

Legend
In college at Arizona, Havrisik made 34 of his 53 field goal attempts, with a long of 57 yards – tying the school record. He also went 73-for-78 on extra point attempts at Arizona.
I am surprised he stayed on the team with that FG %

Hope he has figured out his accuracy issues.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Wanted York.
But most of the time, these PKs take a while to make it in the NFL. Just like Gay took some time and was a cast off.
Hopefully this kid has developed accuracy and consistency to go along with his strong leg. If not, onto the next one.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope he pans out would've preferred even Lirim Hajrullahu

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
@den-the-coach called this earlier today when no one had mentioned Havrisik.

Nice Call Den.
Now would you please talk me off-the-ledge that the Rams signed a guy that was 34-of-53 on FGAs in college

swmizzou83

Starter
I have to imagine he has greatly improved if he was even still on a practice squad with those numbers in college.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So that means he was added to the 53-man roster... right? Does that mean that Mahar will be cut?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I find silly about this whole situation is that the Rams didnt replace Maher on the PS when they called him up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Must have seen something they like in him. Hope it pans out better than Maher.
Like I posted I am sure ASTC Jeremy Springer had some major input and the kid did look good in preseason for the limited attempts he had.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
@den-the-coach called this earlier today when no one had mentioned Havrisik.

Nice Call Den.
Now would you please talk me off-the-ledge that the Rams signed a guy that was 34-of-53 on FGAs in college
@den-the-coach ... Really not kidding!

Clearly the guy must have talent but 64%!

Tell me he was kicking with his left foot for several years before he realized he was right-footed.
There I was kidding but ... 64%!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd have preferred Cade York, but I'm fine with this kid; at least he's young and has potential.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Like I posted I am sure ASTC Jeremy Springer had some major input and the kid did look good in preseason for the limited attempts he had.

And all those preseason kicks were high and right-down the center. Right? Please say Right!

Tano

Legend
Jerry Springer has input?

Jerry Springer Quote GIF by Gogglebox Australia

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jerry Springer has input?

Jerry Springer Quote GIF by Gogglebox Australia
Now you know it's Jeremy Springer.

Jeremy Springer enters his second season with the Rams as a special teams assistant after spending eight seasons coaching at the collegiate level.
During his first season working with the special teams unit on Sean McVay's staff, former Rams kicker Matt Gay made 28 field goals, the second-most for a season in his career. His 93.3% field goal percentage was the second-highest of his career and ranked fourth in the NFL among kickers with at least 10 attempts. Last season, Gay kicked a 55-yard field goal in Week 15 against the Packers at Lambeau Field. This marked the third time in NFL history that a kicker converted a field goal of 50 or more yards at Lambeau Field when it was colder than 25 degrees. Additionally, former Rams punter Riley Dixon finished 11th in the NFL last season with a career-high 48.4 yards per punt, which ranks second on the Rams' all-time single-season punting average list. In the return game, Springer helped former Rams receiver Brandon Powell finish eighth in total kick return yards (605) and seventh in kickoffs returned past the 20-yard line (76.7%) among players with at least 20 kickoff returns.
At Marshall, Springer oversaw a special teams unit that ranked seventh in Conference USA in total kickoff return yards with 421 and also tied with Old Dominion for the most kickoff returns for touchdowns (2), including a long of 99 yards. The Thundering Herd's 38.1 yards per kickoff return ranked fourth in the conference in 2018.
He joined the Marshall coaching staff after serving as the special teams coordinator at the University of Arizona from 2018-20. During a shortened 2020 season in Arizona, kicker Lucas Havrisik converted 90% of his field goal attempts.
In 2019 under Springer, running back J.J. Taylor averaged 23.6 yards per kick return with 19 total returns for 448 yards. The year prior, Taylor averaged 24.5 yards per return with 22 total returns for 540 yards and one touchdown.
While at Texas A&M, Springer worked directly with Special Teams Coordinator Jeff Banks and assisted with the tight ends. He was also responsible for organizing recruiting efforts in South and West Texas. Under Banks and Springer, the Aggies' special teams unit was one of the nation's leaders.
In 2017, Texas A&M led the nation in blocked kicks and blocked punts.
In 2015 and 2016, the Aggies' special teams led the nation in punt returns and allowed zero blocked kicks in 2015.
Prior to his three-year stint at Texas A&M, Springer was a graduate assistant at his alma mater, UTEP from 2011-13. He began his professional career at UTEP in 2011 as an assistant in football operations. In the role, he assisted and analyzed monthly budgets relating to the finances of UTEP football. Additionally, Springer assisted with charter planes, summer camps, hotels, training camp, and administrative duties dealing with the UTEP football team's day-to-day operations.
In March of 2013, Springer became a graduate assistant coach where he worked with UTEP's defensive line and special teams. He helped coach the Miners to their 14th bowl game appearance in program history when they competed in the 2014 New Mexico Bowl. In addition to his coaching duties, he managed on-campus recruiting throughout the year and was a primary in-house recruiter for Georgia and Florida.
Springer played collegiately at UTEP from 2007-11, where he was a standout linebacker and also played special teams. In 33 games, he compiled 161 tackles, 10 tackles for loss and one interception. He was the recipient of a Conference USA Academic Medal (minimum 3.75 GPA) as a freshman and was a four-time member of the Conference USA Commissioner's Honor Roll.
A native of Los Fresnos, Texas, Springer has a twin brother, Justin, who played football at Kansas.