Rams Sign LT Conor McDermott

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
People talking about Bruss getting cut but he's listed as the backup guard on the first official depth chart. Obviously that doesn't mean shit in a month but for now it seems they are planning on keeping him around.
I think Bubba was just speculating on Bruss. Maybe, based on what he has viewed at Camp.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I was afraid of this. Get them off that field. Just go practice at SoFi if you have to. But get off that field.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
People talking about Bruss getting cut but he's listed as the backup guard on the first official depth chart. Obviously that doesn't mean shit in a month but for now it seems they are planning on keeping him around.
He is listed at the backup RG as Zach Thomas got the call before Bruss against the Chargers. I think we will get to see Bruss play on Sunday against the Cowboys, but Bruss is not the first or even second guard off the bench at this time.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams will keep 8, maybe 9 OL on 53 man roster. AJackson, JJackson, Avila, Dotson, Havenstien, Noteboom, Limmer, McClendon, McDermott.
Not sure how many OL they put on PS, guessing AJAcuri, McAlister, Thomas and one of the newer signings. Bruss will get plenty of snaps in pre-season and he needs to show better than he has at TC if he is going to even make the PS.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
Ol issues are a reality at this point. maybe we have a frustrating 1st half of the season. this team can rebound and go on a second half season run. Go Rams. P.S. we have good coaches, they will figure it out.

Psycho_X

Legend
He is listed at the backup RG as Zach Thomas got the call before Bruss against the Chargers. I think we will get to see Bruss play on Sunday against the Cowboys, but Bruss is not the first or even second guard off the bench at this time.
Yeah just going off the first depth chart which doesn't mean much but they have Bruss listed as second team LG behind Jackson. They are at least giving him the chance to lose it in preseason it looks like.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I was afraid of this. Get them off that field. Just go practice at SoFi if you have to. But get off that field.
I honestly don’t understand why the Rams and other teams don’t hold training camp in their shiny new stadiums, fields and facilities.

I do realize that events are held there year round… but in the Rams’ case, I mean come on. Getting bounced around all summer.

Is there some kind of concrete reason why? Or is it just one of those “that’s the way it’s always been done” bullshit reasons.

Psycho_X

Legend
I honestly don’t understand why the Rams and other teams don’t hold training camp in their shiny new stadiums, fields and facilities.

I do realize that events are held there year round… but in the Rams’ case, I mean come on. Getting bounced around all summer.

Is there some kind of concrete reason why? Or is it just one of those “that’s the way it’s always been done” bullshit reasons.
I think space is probably the main reason as far as doing it in stadiums. Most practice facilities have multiple field or areas where the team can split up into multiple drills and situations. Couldn't do all of that on a single field. But I agree I don't know why they hop around so much and how 8 years later they still don't have a permanent facility ready to go.

methomas50

Rookie
But I agree I don't know why they hop around so much and how 8 years later they still don't have a permanent facility ready to go.
Cost of real estate in So Cal. Initially they wanted to stay in the Thousand Oaks area but were unable to find the desired plots of land. Then Kroenke got a sweetheart deal on the vacant Proemenade Mall and old Anthem property right next to each other in Warner Center. Supposedly his vision is to do a development like the Star in Frisco Texas. To do that takes planning, time, and money. It might take a bit of time but I have no doubt when they are finished with development and permanent facilities, they will be first class all the way.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The drawings I saw recently of the practice facility didn't look anything like the level of what Jerruh did with the Star. Didn't see a hotel and all that, though maybe it wasn't on the drawing but is still in planning. But the drawing had what looked like a two level building, and two fields, which is probably on par with what most teams have.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Word is McDermott showed up buffed and in playing shape. Weighed in at 315.

Rams OL coach Wendell says McDermott who, he knows well from his time in New England will get extensive work in preseason at both tackle positions.

Guy has to learn the play book on the fly.

Damn, I hope this guy works to mitigate OL injuries.

(ESPN Rams take am 710 Fri morning)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Word is McDermott showed up buffed and in playing shape. Weighed in at 315.

Rams OL coach Wendell says McDermott who, he knows well from his time in New England will get extensive work in preseason at both tackle positions.

Guy has to learn the play book on the fly.

Damn, I hope this guy works to mitigate OL injuries.

(ESPN Rams take am 710 Fri morning)
Looking at their respective histories, I don't think Wendell and McDermott over-lapped in New England but may have both been with the Buffalo Bills in 2019 ... Wendell as an assistant OL-coach.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Looking at their respective histories, I don't think Wendell and McDermott over-lapped in New England but may have both been with the Buffalo Bills in 2019 ... Wendell as an assistant OL-coach.
Wendell & McDermott were together in Buffalo and unlike Arcuri, McDermott can play both LT & RT. I expect because of the durability issues with both Jackson and Noteboom, that McDermott makes the team as @bubbaramfan so eloquently communicates, however, I still believe that Warren McClendon will be the primary backup to Havenstein.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I expect because of the durability issues with both Jackson and Noteboom, that McDermott makes the team as @bubbaramfan so eloquently communicates,

Agree on both points. Regarding the postings of @bubbaramfan, I have often thought ...

1723303305802.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Remember when acquiring Dotson didn't move the needle for most of us? We ended up with one of the best RG's in the league. And the Rams thought so too with that contract. Maybe we lucky again with McDermott?

methomas50

Rookie
The drawings I saw recently of the practice facility didn't look anything like the level of what Jerruh did with the Star. Didn't see a hotel and all that, though maybe it wasn't on the drawing but is still in planning. But the drawing had what looked like a two level building, and two fields, which is probably on par with what most teams have.
As far as I know those drawings are for the current facilities which are temporary. I have not seen drawings for what the pemanent facilities are supposed to be yet.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think they will keep 9 or 10.

Starters:

LT: A Jackson
LG: J Jackson
C: Avila
RG: Dotson
RT: Havenstein

Depth (safe): Boom, Limmer.

Depth (bubble for RT depth role): McClendon, McDermott, Arcuri, Lawson.

Depth (bubble for OG depth role): Thomas, Bruss.

Notes:
Way I see it there are roughly 7 who are safe. Boom of course is proven at all spots except Center, but most importantly is our backup LT.

I think the Center backup role is locked now by how well Limmer played, because the dude is stout and can stand up DTs. There are a lot of young Centers who went higher in the draft but get pushed back into the pocket in the pros as they learn. So I think he might be a starting quality pivot down the road.

At Guard Thomas is flexible, Bruss is pulling a Lazarus. But it feels like one of them will get a roster spot. Now if they see Limmer as that role they can trim the Guards however I figure they keep one behind Boom.

Tackles are up shit creek. McClendon had a good game like all these guys vs Dallas but he's gonna need to show he can pass protect consistently. McDermott is a big threat to these guys, he's experienced and knows the coach, quality is there IMO. Arcuri has some talent and size. Lawson's a big boy, probably heading for PS but he's in the mix I imagine for now. They're fighting for one, maybe two spots, depending if the Rams keep 9 or 10.