Rams Sign LT Conor McDermott

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Meh.

Had to look him up on Pro Football Reference. Seems a capable backup at best.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a very good endorsement of the T prospects they have in camp.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This upgrades our depth chart. Nice to see it. :thumbsup1:

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
How bad is Havenstein's injury? McVay says it's not season ending. What does that mean?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
From what I just read, this guy's forte is coming off the bench and doing a solid job.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Mentioned in the other thread he's been cut a few times. Signed to a couple different pratice squads. Most recent cut was April this year. I don't know what he can offer other than experience at 31 years old. He did start the last 5 games last year. Maybe its a scheme fit thing and they can revive his career like with Dotson?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's a solid depth tackle. Think he was injured, not sure and not gonna try to look it up on my phone. But when he was coming out of UCLA he projected reasonably well for a power/gap type scheme. I really like this addition, because I'm not really sure what to think of McClendon and this is probably Boom's last season. So get him in here, coach him up, and hope he's healthy.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Right now, the 3rd and 4th OTs (Noteboom and McLendon) are the starters, with zero experience behind them.

Since the 3rd Guard (Noteboom) is starting at OT, the 4th Guard (Thomas, Bruss or Leveston) is starting at LG.

Avila could be moved to LG but then McAllister or Limmer start at C; and, neither has ever played an NFL snap.

Yes ... a veteran OT makes a ton of sense ... at least for the next month.

Best case scenario is that all three injured starters are ready for Detroit. If so, the vet OT could be released.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Looks like the Wendell connection played a part. Also seems like McVay wasn't happy with how our backups did vs the Chargers.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Kaskey as well

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Looks like the Wendell connection played a part. Also seems like McVay wasn't happy with how our backups did vs the Chargers.
Yeah, not a vote of confidence for McClendon. Then again, they are short bodies right now, so they would need more linemen just to give guys a break. Still not looking good for McClendon though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Somebody has to play OT in the 2nd half of pre-season games. Folks are way over thinking this move