Rams should pursue Mekhi Becton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
7 pages on another's teams Left Tackle bring on training camp

And, one that I don't know is even available in a trade at this time.

Living in NYC, I get a ton of Jets and Giants news; and watch/listen to a ton of local sports media. Have not heard or read anything about the Jets looking to move Becton.

Becton has been a huge disappointment after a strong rookie season in 2020 but he was a Joe Douglas pick, and O-Line is a huge question mark for the Jets. Duane Brown was signed last year (two-year deal) when Becton was injured; and he was solid at LT.

George Fant is gone, so the Jets have Becton, 2nd-year-OT Max Mitchel (coming-off IR), veteran Billy Turner, rookie fourth round pick Carter Warren and just added Yodny Cajuste to compete at RT and for the 3rd OT spots. So the Jets have plenty of RT possibilities; and if Becton struggles or is a malcontent, I guess he could be traded but I have not seen any reports to that effect

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Looking good on the sidelines doing individual workouts is probably nice, but it seems he's not practicing yet.

View: https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1661022972596064259

View: https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1663938228724826117

The Post article has WAY too many red flags for me to want him. Interestingly, he says it was having to play RT and put weight on the wrong knee? He doesn't acknowledge that it might have been the extra 50 pounds he was putting on that knee. Not sure I buy that he feels the need to keep that weight off.

Pass

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
i was talking about what we'd have to give for him. Not so much about money
train
No I understood that which is why I said "if the price isn't to high or right" something to that extent the cap thing was mentioned if it were to happen and he played healthy and all pro etc.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
a malcontent as well as being oft-injured, not difficult at all for me to say, HARD PASS TIMES TWO!
train
Not a malcontent he doesn't want to play RT. Says it isn't his natural position and it puts too much pressure on his right leg. He has to look out for his future. Rown doesn't want to play RT either is he a malcontent? Just because a team drafts you they don't own you to possible screw up your career. You got a marginal HC that is a defensive guy who says he's right. Becton tried RT last year for the good of the team he hated it.