Rams Select Jordan Whittington (WR, Texas) at #213 overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What is the same injury he had three years in a row?
Soft tissue injuries. Hamstring knocked him out of the Combine, fought through a broken collarbone.

He's got his warts, but I'm not worried; Nacua had just as much of an injury history, and I trust the Rams' thoughts on wide receivers.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Or Trammell who can't return kicks to save his life. Skow seems to have at least a minor role on offense so might have a better chance. But then there are what 3 UDFA WR's signed so far?
I don't believe Trammell is currently under contract.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Absolutely, but I agree with OS: Trammell's spot is likely gone because Whittington can return kicks. And this is coming from a gal who loves her some Benny Skow.
Again, I don't think Trammell is on the Team right now.

TexasRam

Legend
Dude seems like he has a great feel for getting open on those underneath routes.

Like how he breaks the first tackle and knows where the chains are.

Looks like a gamer.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Or Trammell who can't return kicks to save his life. Skow seems to have at least a minor role on offense so might have a better chance. But then there are what 3 UDFA WR's signed so far?
Skow has a pretty big role on ST. I think he's considered the best ST guy we have on coverage teams. I doubt he's going anywhere.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Whittington interview was a bittersweet one for me. A talented kid with great optimism, but the fact is that the vast majority of late round/UDFA’s wash out in the NFL. I bet a good number of these guys end up in the UFL….

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Skow has a pretty big role on ST. I think he's considered the best ST guy we have on coverage teams. I doubt he's going anywhere.
I'm at the point where this is a playoff roster and if you can upgrade a roster spot you do it. Very very few people are safe in that aspect to me. Yes Skow is a big special teams guy but to me he's not immune to the possibility of being upgraded.

Psycho_X

Legend
Don't know a lot about this guy but everything I've watched since we drafted him shows me enough. With them changing kickoff rules it's more important than ever to have a good set of special teamers so I like they grabbed this guy..

WestCoastRam

Legend
Here's a great thread on twitter if you click this link then go through his replies to it he points out exactly why he fits what McVay loves about him.

Love this quote. “Your effort without the ball determines how much you love your teammates”- Jordan Whittington

View: https://x.com/Koll_0ne/status/1784491525248008379

This guys does it for all the draft pick for the Rams every year, great clearinghouse of info there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rams WR to a T.
Converted RB who has exvellent RAC.
Loves run blocking and is very good at it.

From
Landon Holifield âś­ tweet
WORLD CLASS Character. Team First Guy. Tough as hell. Persevered through countless adversity.Fearless catching over the middle. Run Blocks w/ the best of em. Willingly does all the dirty work. Doesn’t take plays off. And Played RB & WR in high school so hes got sneaky YAC ability.
Run blocking will be a huge benefit for his chances to make the roster.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Not trying to start a fight here but wondering if Whittington could push Skowronek off the roster.

One can only hope.

If a late round receiver is booting a contributor, that’s a good thing.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
IMG_2380.jpeg

InfiniteRam

Rookie
I think the WR room is Kupp, Nacua, Robinson, Atwell, Skow, and Whittington. Skow can do just about everything, not sure why anybody thinks he's going anywhere. None of these other WR's are lining up at FB. All most want to see is "talent" but Skow is a legitimate team leader.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the WR room is Kupp, Nacua, Robinson, Atwell, Skow, and Whittington. Skow can do just about everything, not sure why anybody thinks he's going anywhere. None of these other WR's are lining up at FB. All most want to see is "talent" but Skow is a legitimate team leader.

Don't forget about Tyler Johnson. I understand that we picked up Whittington (and a fair few interesting UDFA receivers), but Johnson got signed for a year as well.