Rams Select Jordan Whittington (WR, Texas) at #213 overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait, does he return punts? I don't think so

He did at Texas for a bit, and I guarantee that if he wants to get on the field and help - which he will - he'll learn. He's as selfless a receiver I've seen. He could've transferred to any school and gotten more opportunities, but he stuck it out and did everything for Texas.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
He’s a special teams player and a good one. Much loved by fans, players and coaches. Another great pick all the way here

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Biggest concern, in all I've read, is a troubling injury history. Let's hope it's behind him.. because I can see him in 11 personnel.. for sure.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Biggest concern, in all I've read, is a troubling injury history. Let's hope it's behind him.. because I can see him in 11 personnel.. for sure.

One major injury at Texas. Nacua was injury-prone in college as well. I have no concerns.

No not a punt returner but will be a core special teamer I’m sure

Didn't return punts often because of Worthy. He's capable of doing it, and I bet he could get snaps in 11 personnel early on, like Kupped said.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One major injury at Texas. Nacua was injury-prone in college as well. I have no concerns.

Didn't return punts often because of Worthy. He's capable of doing it, and I bet he could get snaps in 11 personnel early on, like Kupped said.
With the new kickoff rules.. I pretty much guarantee he returns kicks.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Happy to have the kid but if he's getting snaps in 11 personnel early we're in trouble

Memento

Name
Jemma
Congrats @Memento !! Hopefully this made up for your Switch troubles a little bit :D

Sadly, I'll have to spend what little I have on a very expensive product...but the Whittington selection did elicit an excited fangirl scream.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Stylistically, he's so similar to Amon-Ra St. Brown and Puka Nacua. Not a fast receiver, but he does everything else right.
Rams WR to a T.
Converted RB who has exvellent RAC.
Loves run blocking and is very good at it.

From
Landon Holifield ✭ tweet

WORLD CLASS Character. Team First Guy. Tough as hell. Persevered through countless adversity.Fearless catching over the middle. Run Blocks w/ the best of em. Willingly does all the dirty work. Doesn’t take plays off. And Played RB & WR in high school so hes got sneaky YAC ability.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not trying to start a fight here but wondering if Whittington could push Skowronek off the roster.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not trying to start a fight here but wondering if Whittington could push Skowronek off the roster.
Or Trammell who can't return kicks to save his life. Skow seems to have at least a minor role on offense so might have a better chance. But then there are what 3 UDFA WR's signed so far?

Memento

Name
Jemma

Absolutely, but I agree with OS: Trammell's spot is likely gone because Whittington can return kicks. And this is coming from a gal who loves her some Benny Skow.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What is the same injury he had three years in a row?