Rd 1, pick 19, Rams Select EDGE/DL Jared Verse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So its unanimous. Everyone loves the pick. No one complaining they didn't get their guy. I think its safe to say they filled for need and BPA with this pick. A quality edge rusher for the next 5 years. 3 more years pairing with Agent zero and the conductor.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
So its unanimous. Everyone loves the pick. No one complaining they didn't get their guy. I think its safe to say they filled for need and BPA with this pick. A quality edge rusher for the next 5 years. 3 more years pairing with Agent zero and the conductor.
I love him as the answer to our edge rusher need.

Is he a starter the other two downs immediately?

And that’s a Q for everybody, not just Snacks

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we end up with a WR and RB on day two, to go along with a DL.

Defensive starters right now:

Young/Draft pick/Brown/Turner/Verse
Jones/Rozeboom
White/Williams/Durant or Lake
Curl/Lake or Yeast

We have depth at Edge/ILB/CB/S already locked in, even though fans prefer the shiny new unproven rookies to guys who have been here and developed.

Some here may not love it, but I wouldn't be shocked if the rest of the draft skews toward the offense now.
Unless there was an upgrade at LT over Jackson, I'd hate it. We might need a back up RB, but I'd be for moving up in the 2nd round to land Verse's teammate (DT) from Florida State. We can't replace AD without two Dline players of high caliber. Plus, we need another good-great CB's after that, or maybe a stud ILB to complement what we have.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think so, but we'll find out what McVay and the Dline coach thinks during Camp.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Unless there was an upgrade at LT over Jackson, I'd hate it. We might need a back up RB, but I'd be for moving up in the 2nd round to land Verse's teammate (DT) from Florida State. We can't replace AD without two Dline players of high caliber. Plus, we need another good-great CB's after that, or maybe a stud ILB to complement what we have.
Couple of Qs from your post mi amigo…..

1. Fiske? Me too!
2. What about moving Hoecht inside? I think he just lost his starting DE/OLB spot……. I always felt he was too big for that spot anyhow…..and didn’t have the mobility to cover TEs and RBs. Would he be better downhill against the run and in the blitz rush?

love your insight, thanks for the feedback

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm very happy McVay and Les went with the best prospect at a position of need, rather then straying into the offense, as it had been rumored. I do like the player and we damn near had our choice of Latu, Murphy, Turner, and Verse. Crazy that 3 went in a row just before us, as I do wonder which the team preferred. I personally liked all 3 better, but Verse is a great plug and play edge for us.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

From the pre draft reports he didn't have the polish Latu has as a pass rusher, but he's a better run defender. I think he's a 3 down guy with that. Maybe from day one.

Hoecht is a really big OLB at 300 pounds. Could he be moved inside? I think its unanimous that none of us ever want to see him in coverage.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couple of Qs from your post mi amigo…..

1. Fiske? Me too!
2. What about moving Hoecht inside? I think he just lost his starting DE/OLB spot……. I always felt he was too big for that spot anyhow…..and didn’t have the mobility to cover TEs and RBs. Would he be better downhill against the run and in the blitz rush?

love your insight, thanks for the feedback
As far as Hoecht goes, he could rotate at first with Fiske because everyone needs a breather on the Dline. I think our coach's are not stuck on where a guy is drafted because they care about starting the best guys.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never thought he'd be around which is why I had Latu as my #1.
Love this pick.
Absolutely love it

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Never thought he'd be around which is why I had Latu as my #1.
Love this pick.
Absolutely love it

But weren’t you shocked that OND’s post about the Chargers trading Justin Herbert to the Rams did not play out?!?

You know of course, that would have saved the Chargers a ton of cap space?

WestCoastRam

Legend
It's crazy cause he's a high floor, high ceiling guy. Definitely not as high a floor as Latu to start but if this kid gets his conditioning down and adds like one more pass rush move... he could be special.

Even his floor is 8-9 sacks and soooo much pocket push.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But weren’t you shocked that OND’s post about the Chargers trading Justin Herbert to the Rams did not play out?!?

Spanos is so cheap, he didnt make the trade because he didnt want to spend the money on taking Herbert's name off of the jersey.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
It's crazy cause he's a high floor, high ceiling guy. Definitely not as high a floor as Latu to start but if this kid gets his conditioning down and adds like one more pass rush move... he could be special.

Even his floor is 8-9 sacks and soooo much pocket push.
Wish Von Miller was still here to tutor his pass rush education

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any chance the Rams had of going offense ended with the unprecedented run at the top of the round. Then, of course, a player on defense they wanted fell to them.

Verse needs training to be a complete player, but it appears doable, and should be able to start immediately. All said, a good pick, and allows the Rams to let the draft come to them.

brucebruce

Rookie

That's scary. I had the same thought as OND. My timeline was farther out, however.