Rams Risers and Fallers: Raiders game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Rams website has him as a different number #71. Did that change yesterday?

It's possible. But I think this is the hair you saw.

upload_2017-8-20_16-9-24.jpeg

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Could be as I dig further the roster lists him as 71 but the depth chart says he's 95 so yeah you're right it's him. Silly website messing me up.

Yeah, for some reason there seems to be a dispute about his number here. Wikipedia also has him as 71. It's odd that something that seems like it should have a pretty definite answer doesn't.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, for some reason there seems to be a dispute about his number here. Wikipedia also has him as 71. It's odd that something that seems like it should have a pretty definite answer doesn't.
Of course that same depth chart still has EJ Gaines on it haha

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hemmingway, and Everett were much improved in their blocking. Littleton, Smart, good games.

Less PT for Spruce, and with Sammy, just hard to see him make the team now, or McRoberts, he's out for sure. Thomas, Reynolds, Copper, too many to keep. In fact, tough decisions in the secondary, at WR, and TE.

Pace is done, and Wichmann is failing. Daryl Williams, Jamon Brown, and Havenstein much improved. Sullivan was a total stud this game.

Looks like the Rams like 3 running backs, and so do I.

Goff, obviously, but Mannion was solid again.

Outside Barwin, nobody really showed in the pass rush, but the Raiders OL is pretty good.

spamlord

Rookie
Hemmingway, and Everett were much improved in their blocking. Littleton, Smart, good games.

Less PT for Spruce, and with Sammy, just hard to see him make the team now, or McRoberts, he's out for sure. Thomas, Reynolds, Copper, too many to keep. In fact, tough decisions in the secondary, at WR, and TE.

Pace is done, and Wichmann is failing. Daryl Williams, Jamon Brown, and Havenstein much improved. Sullivan was a total stud this game.

Looks like the Rams like 3 running backs, and so do I.

Goff, obviously, but Mannion was solid again.

Outside Barwin, nobody really showed in the pass rush, but the Raiders OL is pretty good.
Maybe I'm wrong but Longacre was bringing it from what I saw. It was his pressure that made Carr throw early on the TruJo interception

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I was in the "Black Hole" so I had the endzone perspective. The first drive started on the opposite end of the field so the view wasn't the best for really focusing on the line play which is what I wanted to see early on. Not that it matters at this point because he's a lock regardless, I tried to focus on Whitworth just because I've not really watched him play much and I wanted to see how much of a difference maker he will be. In and out of the huddle is something that caught my eye. I noticed after a play that he was emploring guys to hustle back to the huddle rather than enjoying the glow of a successful play. He was leading by example. An example the kids really need. That's a guy that knows what needs to get done. A "We'll celebrate after we score!" mentality.

Anyway, the offense rose and took advantage of the defensive weaknesses.

I didn't like Hill's game. The Crabtree TD was right in front of me and I called the move that destroyed Hill's ankles. They likely score anyway even if Hill makes the tackle but he completely whiffed on the play.

Spruce didn't even get a chance on offense. He's likely done. Too bad because, after all these years of having WRs that couldn't catch a cold, this kid catches everything. Oh well, hopefully he doesn't come back to haunt the Rams down the road.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Maybe I'm wrong but Longacre was bringing it from what I saw. It was his pressure that made Carr throw early on the TruJo interception
Longacre always does, but I thought the pressure was more attributed to Barwin, who flashed right in front of him, and quickly, but then fell off balance. Longacre ran a stunt, fell down, got back up, wasn't covered, then came up the middle and dove at the legs, could have been a penalty for going low.

Anyhow, my overall point is that I don't think we got near the pressure that we did last week, not even close, but we'll fix it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My biggest thing with Goff these first 2 weeks and honestly the Rams offense in whole is how the passes are thrown. They always seem to be thrown to the WR/TE at the right time and spot to give the receiver the best chance to make a play after the catch. McVay and his offense offer a very bright light at the end of the tunnel we're trying to get out of.

it helps that most of the play designs didn't have the receiver running back towards the qb. farewell dinosaur jeff and all your horizontal ocs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's harder To find guys when you know you have to get rid of the ball quicker. On most of his drop backs he had a guy in his face and he got hit multiple times while throwing the ball. In the case of the Reynolds TD he saw a mismatch on the outside and he took it and it was the right call

It was the right call only because it was successful.
Travis Wilson was all by himself, same with Copper.

Nice play & throw. I've watched him on third down plays & he has been awful during training camp. Mannion is a freaking gamer though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Longacre always does, but I thought the pressure was more attributed to Barwin, who flashed right in front of him, and quickly, but then fell off balance. Longacre ran a stunt, fell down, got back up, wasn't covered, then came up the middle and dove at the legs, could have been a penalty for going low.

Anyhow, my overall point is that I don't think we got near the pressure that we did last week, not even close, but we'll fix it.
Oakland also has a very good oline. But missing Quin and Donald shows.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think he was playing corner or nickle-back....not safety...or was he???? Anyone got a clue?

Higbee should be able to at least slow Mack's rush to the QB....if he can't, he's useless as a TE....Might as well call him a WR. Everett too...Those guys are too big to play so soft on the line.
He was a corner to you too...yes???

Blake Countess stood out...actually surprised me. Connor Barwin too...dude was like a baby Chris Long.

oh yeah....Tru still has sweet feet....I said a few days ago....Any chance we can keep him?

I'm a little down on Higbee...and Joyner...Mo wasn't awe inspiring either...

Higbee has a good future with The Rams.
Joyner is almost gone .
Connor Barwin is better than Chris Long IMO , especially in Wades defense.

I think Blake Countess plays multiple positions. I think Robes spot who was sitting out.

John Johnson made a one of the plays off the game. He came up & clogged the whole right side with 3 offensive lineman,& still made the tackle late in the game. Impressive play.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Higbee has a good future with The Rams.
Joyner is almost gone .
Connor Barwin is better than Chris Long IMO , especially in Wades defense.

I think Blake Countess plays multiple positions. I think Robes spot who was sitting out.

John Johnson made a one of the plays off the game. He came up & clogged the whole right side with 3 offensive lineman,& still made the tackle late in the game. Impressive play.
Joyner a ? Wtf just happened

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Cheap shot to the head. He was taken out as a precaution but McVay said if it was a regular game he'd have been back in because he cleared all the tests.
Thanks for that. Didnt know. I must of went to the head when that happened. Fucken Vegas.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Joyner a ? Wtf just happened

He is in his final year. I don't see The Rams resigning him. --Who knows if getting rid of him would help the salary cap with Aaron Donald ??

The Rams have a lot of depth with DB's right now.
I find it interesting The Rams had EJ Gaines list as a starter over Webster when there depth chart first came out ??
I'm not looking to much into it , but The Rams have some tough cuts ahead of them.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Cheap shot to the head. He was taken out as a precaution but McVay said if it was a regular game he'd have been back in because he cleared all the tests.
I thought Joyner got kicked out for two unsportsmanlike penalties. Did that rule carry-over from last year?

I couldn't hear any of the in-game announcements where I was sitting. The Oakland Coliseum is a gigantic echo chamber with a horrible sound system.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He is in his final year. I don't see The Rams resigning him. --Who knows if getting rid of him would help the salary cap with Aaron Donald ??

The Rams have a lot of depth with DB's right now.
I find it interesting The Rams had EJ Gaines list as a starter over Webster when there depth chart first came out ??
I'm not looking to much into it , but The Rams have some tough cuts ahead of them.
Got it. Thank you. Should be forecasting our resigns.