Rams restructured deals, latest news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams' Updated Salary Cap After Leonard Floyd's Reported $64M Contract

"The Rams have a different salary cap than everyone else in the NFL."

math-equations-10426140.jpg
They must have figured-out a way to use Bitcoin.

It's the only thing that makes any sense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes I am eager to learn whether we can afford the rest of our team or whether the season is already doomed or over. :ROFLMAO:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m excited and curious to see where this thing goes as I’m sure many of you are to.

I truly feel we can finish on a Súper bowl roster with this FA and draft class.

From the looks of it The Rams are just trying to just keep there own?Someone is going to have to be traded.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From the looks of it The Rams are just trying to just keep there own?Someone is going to have to be traded.
Not necessarily. There is a lot of room for restructuring - more than enough if they used it all. With that said, I still suspect you're right that there may be some trades made before all is said and done. They just don't have to do it.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
At least one big contract has to be moved. Some restructures have been rumored based on the math:
Brockers, Havs, and Whit.
...but it’s gonna take more than that. Sometimes a player’s contract is made team friendly right before he is traded. See tavon austin.

Personally, I’d try to move Kupp and go from there.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least one big contract has to be moved. Some restructures have been rumored based on the math:
...but it’s gonna take more than that. Sometimes a player’s contract is made team friendly right before he is traded. See tavon austin.

They could clear over $50M by restructuring Donald, Ramsey, Woods and Kupp. That's before even talking Brock, Hav and Whit. They don't HAVE to move anyone. I still suspect they will make a move (my guess is Brock), but they aren't in the position of having to make a move, which is good.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not necessarily. There is a lot of room for restructuring - more than enough if they used it all. With that said, I still suspect you're right that there may be some trades made before all is said and done. They just don't have to do it.

Well we will see what happens.What I know is The Rams thought more about Floyd than I did,which is a good thing now.Those young backers still need to step up again.Kiser,Reader,Young,Ect...

Which positions then ? Going by addition without subtraction.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
The Rams front office salary cap gurus (Tony Pastors - Kevin Demoff) have been laying low with their salary cap strategies prior to the big Leonard Floyd extension.
I know , not knowing is frustrating for a lot of us, but the Rams FO seem to look for every advantage,
in every part of FA and the draft.

So much better that the rest of the league be "not quite sure" of the Rams intentions, than to
show your hand and give away clues to those intentions.

It sucks being a Rams fan in these situations, but it's just our boys playing poker.
Giv'em Hell Les

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How does that solve the cap problem? That adds 4.5 mill of dead cap. Going to replace in house? Or with a rook? Among the FA guys out there, most will cost more than the 10 mill "save" and its a gamble they will replace his production. And anyone who will cost less than 10 mill may save a couple bucks on the cap, but will cost the team on a position downgrade

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Another thought is maybe they're trying to hit there FA targets early and seeing exactly HOW much cap they have to cut versus cutting a lot and then not getting some of there targets.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Part of the challenge for all of this is that, quite frankly, Les and Sean just don't feel any real need to tell everyone the truth here. I'm not even complaining - there is no law that says they have to do it and there is even a competitive advantage to concealing the truth - but I think we can all agree that they certainly haven't seemed bound to the truth in any way.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
They are copying the Cheatriots success plan so Ramsey, Donald, Stafford, Woods and Kupp will be restructuring their contracts to $1m per year and work as Kroenke Enterprise “advisors” offseason for the remainder of their original contract value.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

He'd be the last one I'd try to move. Brockers more likely since we have better depth at DT.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well I guess that inactivity in the first phase of free agency went away with the Floyd deal!!!
What else can Snead/Demoff do to allow the Rams to make other acquisitions?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
How does that solve the cap problem? That adds 4.5 mill of dead cap. Going to replace in house? Or with a rook? Among the FA guys out there, most will cost more than the 10 mill "save" and its a gamble they will replace his production. And anyone who will cost less than 10 mill may save a couple bucks on the cap, but will cost the team on a position downgrade

Snead's presser over the weekend seemed to indicate they can keep some free agents without cuts or trades. Floyd is signed so maybe he knows something? :biggrin: The only real needs they have are interior OL, mainly Center and DBs. They tendered DWill. Maybe they resign Hill?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Snead's presser over the weekend seemed to indicate they can keep some free agents without cuts or trades. Floyd is signed so maybe he knows something? :biggrin: The only real needs they have are interior OL, mainly Center and DBs. They tendered DWill. Maybe they resign Hill?
Depends on his price and what wiggle room we have. I'm guessing he might be gone since the Rams have been looking at DBs in the draft, but who knows with this FO.