Rams request interview with Cleveland oc john defilippo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrankenRam

Starter
So clearly they want an upgrade to Boras. Just hope we keep Boras at his previous position.

I think that's a bit of a liberal interpretation. To me, this just indicates they want to explore the options that are available. It could, but doesn't necessarily. mean a change is in the works.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Dude turned Gary Barnidge into a 1000 yard TE with 9 TDs catching 64% of his targets...

He's a five year player and those stats are about 7x the amount of production he had last year and basically any other year.

Yea, I could get on that train.

Yeah, is Barnidge under contract or a FA? Maybe he could be coaxed over too. Our current #1 TE's goose is "Cooked". Then we could get their QB "Billy Toupee" in a package deal!....wait....what was that I just smoked?

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Yeah, is Barnidge under contract or a FA? Maybe he could be coaxed over too. Our current #1 TE's goose is "Cooked". Then we could get their QB "Billy Toupee" in a package deal!....wait....what was that I just smoked?

IIRC they resigned him during the season

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I would not mind DeFilippo as our OC. Boras can stay on as tight ends coach as he's done a decent job in that department, but I want a brilliant OC.

Rainram

Starter
Unless Fisher gets an extension, or one of his targets has no other takers, a match seems unlikely. Not many good coaches want a one year try out on a team without a starting QB.
Anybody currently associated with the Browns would/should be open to any opportunities that come their way

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would be rather stupid to hire an emerging offensive coaching talent just to cramp his style.
Fisher has had same philosophy forever. I can see him now ”We need to keep playing the same way just better more execution ”

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, Jrry is all over the collegiate and NFL talent, players and coaches.

Nah. I just throw enough excrement against the wall that something is bound to stick. ;)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Please fucking fate, let's get this guy and not let him leave. And give him full autonomy.

Athos

Legend
The other top guys will wind up HCs with the vacancies this year. Get the guy before he gets other offers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is awesome. I will be heated if we don't land him. He is my top guy. Another guy I would interview is Bill Lazor.

Prepare-the-Laser.jpg

jap

Legend
At the very least they need to bring in someone to coordinate the passing game to work with Boras if not to be the new coordinator overall.

I also hope they bring in a new WR coach. This staff has yet to develop a WR that can run good routes and generally make a difference in the passing game. And thats with having 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks to work with.

That's part of what made the hiring of Wes so beneficial for our young fly guys. I hope we hang on to Wes.

jap

Legend
Fisher has had same philosophy forever. I can see him now ”We need to keep playing the same way just better more execution ”

Fish once had a dynamic QB in Air McNair, a guy who could rumble like a FB, air the ball out with the best of them, and generally be a game changer himself. In TGII, Fish has an 'Eddie George on steroids', but he has had nothing close to the dynamism that McNair strutted so effortlessly. That McNair-led Titan team seriously stretched us in our Super Bowl win. We can be sure that Fish knows his QB's and offensive coaching are lacking some important traits.

Hell, a guy like Case with a strong arm, accuracy, and vision can galvanize our offense along with TGII. We don't really need a game changing QB (although I will certainly not complain if we manage to snare one)---just a competent game manager.

Snaring a coach who can develop a passing game to effectively complement the running game and provide intelligent input on adding QB options would be a seriously positive acquisition.

Last edited: