Rams release chris long jared cook and jl55

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BadCompany

Rookie
That's some big locker room presence they just cut from the defense there. Do they have the leaders to replace those guys? I know that the stats say they were declining, but who becomes the voice of the D now? Quinn I guess?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
This is a GREAT move on the part of the Rams. Long is in decline and now struggles to stay healthy. JL? well he's been providing some average play and will most likely be replaced by Ogletree. Cook? We all know he can run fast but his hands kinda suck and he doesn't like to block.

Just wait and see my Rams brothers, we will improve in all 3 of those positions. The only fear I have is Fish grabbing A DE at 15 and we know he probably will.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can only be an underachiever in this league for so long and all 3 qualify.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Yeah - echoing a few thoughts here. The Rams rebuild has been slow its wasted two "capstone" players best years who should have been leading us to championships. Long and Lauranaitis never quit on crappy teams. They were incredible pros for the Rams and I'd like to thank them for all they did. Great job guys. Shame we didn't have more guys like them.

On the bright side, we've got some cap space but also some holes. Making a big money play at JJ and Tru is a key now (depends on how well they think Gaines can come back also I suppose). We need to find a stud mlb from somewhere. I wonder if they think he's already on the roster? Either Hager or Ogletree shofting inside? I wouldn't like to see Ogletree's athleticism being taken away from olb personally - but Ayers and Barron can be solid starters there also. Defensive end suddenly a need? Maybe next year - we've got a returning Quinn who I think might come back and have a monster year and Hayes is still good for a few more. He was a stud last year.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Possibly, they can restructure one of these players.
Agreed, I would not be surprised if one of them was brought back on a cheaper deal. But of course all three can find a job in some capacity on another team.
Long, if healthy, probably has the most left to offer at this point.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
:fighting:All that cap space and no QB. Too bad we couldn't buy our way into the top 3 draft picks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Be careful what you wish for. It took the Rams about 10 years to replace London Fletcher.

Don't remind me. That situation made me sick.

Unless maybe we're gonna be very active in free agency?

They have the money to do so, but with an expanding cap, how many teams wont be able to retain their best players. I wonder if they are looking towards the next couple years with this savings.

We can sign janoris from the money today alone. Free agency should be fun

If they retain their own I will be very happy.

With so many needs maybe the end up trading back in the draft in round 1 and pick up some extra picks, if they cannot find quality in Free Agency. Interesting offseason.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if this means that Tulloch will be making a visit soon. These guys are all automatically free agents and don't have to wait until free agency begins.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to re-sign our guys, get a WR in FA, and hopefully a DE to be a rotational guy.

Then we can focus on QB in the draft and also try to pick up a MLB.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'M TOTALLY SHOCKED, AND STUNNED OVER THIS!! Ok, I can see Cook!! And I can understand Chris, although I would have prefer them to restructure his contract so he could retire a Ram!
But "JL" our middle Line Backer!! We have NO One to take his Place!!
Back to Chris Long, I'm Very, Very saddened by this Loss!! He was my favorite current Ram!!

fe7eb297300264f2952d52f85cd1a0e1.jpg

CL1.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It hurts to let leaders go but they made the right call. I am surprised they did it but I'm glad they did. Good job, Fisher and Snead.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'M TOTALLY SHOCKED, AND STUNNED OVER THIS!! Ok, I can see Cook!! And I can understand Chris, although I would have prefer them to restructure his contract so he could retire a Ram!
But "JL" our middle Line Backer!! We have NO One to take his Place!!
Back to Chris Long, I'm Very, Very saddened by this Loss!! He was my favorite current Ram!!

View attachment 12237
View attachment 12238

JL looked bad in 2015. Looked like he lost all his speed. IMO, we could move forward with Ogletree at MLB and Barron at WLB. Or we could look to replace JL.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Great... now this means that the rams will draft more defensive players and continue to ignore the offense! I hope there are free agents that will be worth signing and are upgrades because they are screwed if there aren't any.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I always liked Long and JL, both solid players and solid people, but if we are being honest both are replaceable. I actually think we are 2 years late on JL. Anyone who is worried about losing leadership, well there was not a ton of winning. Not blaming them but Im less worried about the leadership and more focused on upgrading the talent.

That being said both were class acts and wish them the best! Would also love to see them both back in lesser roles and less money. Was always a Long fan and would like to see him back, but I get the move too.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
That's some big locker room presence they just cut from the defense there. Do they have the leaders to replace those guys? I know that the stats say they were declining, but who becomes the voice of the D now? Quinn I guess?

We still have Aaron Donald

RamBill

Legend
Bill Smith ‏@wgsmit3
James Laurinaitis played 99.7 percent of all defensive snaps in his career for the Rams (7,498 of 7,519). Only missed 21 snaps in 7 seasons

fearsomefour

Legend
Long and JL are classy guy, hate to see them go....

"JL isent going anywhere."....posted early today by me.
Such is the fate of the arm chair GM.