Rams re-sign Whitworth for three more years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sure would be nice to see some numbers on him and Blythe.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Some people might be surprised by the term. I honestly noticed very little decline in his level of play last year, but rather observed his issues being playing next to a variety of inexperienced LGs. Rather than a Pro Bowl veteran in Saffold. Not to mention the importance of continuity on the o-line. I think Big Whit can play at a high level for at least two more seasons. We will see about year 3 of this deal. He might well retire before then. Hopefully, the money is fair. But note decent LTs do not come cheap.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Had to be done, but yikes....10M

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Guys don't flip out on me I love this dude he single handedly helped turn this franchise around he deserves most of the credit to me......that being said we didn't have many choices here 10 mill is to much and you could see his decline last year. He had a lot of flags and was beaten by speed inside or outside quite often mostly outside. We didn't have much of a choice so we have to kind of accept it.
Loyalty great family guy a total great individual person as a human being but that doesn't translate to winning on the field. Mentoring will help but I think he will also need help and I hope these young kids can provide it unless the rams pull a rabbit out of a hat and bring in a vet a solid one at guard. I would love Cordy Glenn can play guard or tackle and could help transition alot of these linemen. I know he isn't great but he still young enough to pick up some tricks from big whit (that's where his true value lyes) and can step in and move around the line when injuries occur. He would be the perfect lineman to sign right now.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Floyd and Whitworth both making 10 million next year, doesn't that effectively put us right up against the cap?
As was mentioned before, he was most likely given a 3 year deal with club options on the last two, giving the Rams an easy way out. He would be given a decent size bonus and small salary for the fist year. The bonus would be stretched over the 3 years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
With Floyd and Whitworth both making 10 million next year, doesn't that effectively put us right up against the cap?
Seems like it would doesn't it.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Hopefully year 2/3 he can slide into a mentorship/coaching assistant type role with backup playing duties.