Rams Pick #19 (2024 draft)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Burns and Allen are both likely to be tagged, making the other two even more expensive.

This year’s draft is packed with outstanding edge prospects- draft one of them and spend the FA money elsewhere.
I'd be very surprised if Allen is not tagged.

Burns... hard to say. On the one hand, they didn't trade him when they had the chance (there are reports that we offered them 2 first round picks), but they also didn't sign him to a long term deal. With a new regime in Carolina, its hard to speculate. If he does hit FA, though, I'd be all over that.

Hunter is also an interesting possibility. He's a bit older (29), so his price tag might be a little less, and his most recent deal (a one year contract signed last July) prohibits the Vikings from tagging him. He'd be a great addition.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Definitely. For example, I'm really hoping we address the EDGE position in FA. Some potential FAs include Brian Burns, Josh Allen, Danielle Hunter and Chase Young.

Agree. I’d prefer we sign an edge. The immediate impact they’d provide while AD is in his twilight years would be ideal.

I’m also hoping for an under the radar CB signing, much like the Witherspoon deal. Not a huge contract, big name guy, but an upgrade that makes plays. Obviously we’d still have to come out of the draft with one.

Burns... hard to say. On the one hand, they didn't trade him when they had the chance (there are reports that we offered them 2 first round picks), but they also didn't sign him to a long term deal. With a new regime in Carolina, its hard to speculate. If he does hit FA, though, I'd be all over that.

Hunter is also an interesting possibility. He's a bit older (29), so his price tag might be a little less, and his most recent deal (a one year contract signed last July) prohibits the Vikings from tagging him. He'd be a great addition.
Hunter could extend his career by playing with Donald. He might be a good signing.

RamWoodie

Legend
GET A GOOD OLB...PERIOD!!! They can get an edge rusher after that!!! My needs list goes:

OLB
CB
OT

After that supplement positions.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Speaking of pick #19, Brugler of the Athletic had an update mock this morning and he had us taking....... freakin JJ McCarthy. Not only do I not see JJ as a 1st rounder, but, he had us taking him over the likes of Penix and Nix (if we are deadset on QB, which I don't believe). Others picked after this terrible pick: DeJean, JPJ, McKinstry, Newton, C.Robinson, Trice.... it goes on. I'd happily have any of those over McCarthy, who nobody even knows if he's a good QB, let alone a good NFL QB.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I read that mock earlier and couldn’t believe it. At least he gave us a CB in round two.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Burns and Allen are both likely to be tagged, making the other two even more expensive.

This year’s draft is packed with outstanding edge prospects- draft one of them and spend the FA money elsewhere.
What is the logic behind not spending big on key positions this offseason?
Personally, I think they need both draft picks and signings.. and that's one reason they did not trade for Sweat or Young, imo.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Throw out everything we think we know. You know it won't go down like we envision it. But it's fun to speculate and dream.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Burns and Allen are both likely to be tagged, ...

This made me think, and then laugh ...
The comedy-team of spouses George Burns and Gracie Allen were popular when I was a small child.

1705433595517.png

Then, it made me think some more and laugh, wondering if there are any ROD posters even familiar with Burns & Allen.

Then THAT made me feel old ... and ... kind of Sad.

And now, I'm a little exhausted and thinking about a nap ... because ... you know ... I'm old.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The comedy-team of spouses George Burns and Gracie Allen were popular when I was a small child.

View attachment 63913

Then, it made me think some more and laugh, wondering if there are any ROD posters even familiar with Burns & Allen.

And now, I'm a little exhausted and thinking about a nap ... because ... you know ... I'm old.
Say good night, Gracie!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not likely we are in the market for a QB early, but… Look at the number of teams in front of us, in the market for a QB.

There could be 12.

1. Chicago Bears (via trade with 2-15 Panthers)

Team needs: OG, C, EDGE, DT, WR
Notable free agents: EDGE Yannick Ngakoue, TE Robert Tonyan, CB Jaylon Johnson, WR Darnell Mooney

2. Washington Commodes (4-13)

Team needs: OG, C, TE, LB, EDGE, QB
Notable free agents: DB Kamren Curl, RB Antonio Gibson, WR Curtis Samuel, QB Jacoby Brissett, CB Kendall Fuller

3. New England Patriots (4-13)

Team needs: OT, DT, TE, WR, LB
Notable free agents: TE Hunter Henry, OT Trent Brown, TE Mike Gesicki, EDGE Josh Uche, S Kyle Dugger, Ezekiel Elliott

4. Arizona Cardinals (4-13)

Team needs: CB, DT, EDGE, LB, OG, WR
Notable free agents: WR Hollywood Brown, DT Leku Fotu, CB Antonio Hamilton, EDGE L.J. Collier

5. Los Angeles Chargers (5-12)

Team needs: CB, DT, TE, RB, LB
Notable free agents: RB Austin Ekeler, LB Kenneth Murray, TE Gerald Everett, RB Josh Kelley, CB Michael Davis

6. New York Giants (6-11)

Team needs: QB, OG, C, CB, DT, EDGE, WR, RB
Notable free agents: CB Adoree Jackson, RB Saquon Barkley, WR Parris Campbell, LB Isaiah Simmons

7. Tennessee Titans (6-11)

Team needs: OT, WR, DT, CB, EDGE, RB
Notable free agents: QB Ryan Tannehill, RB Derrick Henry, DT Denico Autry, OT Chris Hubbard

8. Atlanta Falcons (7-10)

Team needs: QB, LB, WR, EDGE, CB, S
Notable free agents: CB Jeff Okudah, EDGE Calais Campbell, EDGE Bud Dupree, RB Cordarrelle Patterson, C Matt Hennessy, WR Van Jefferson

9. Chicago Bears (7-10)

Notable free agents: EDGE Yannick Ngakoue, TE Robert Tonyan, CB Jaylon Johnson, WR Darnell Mooney

10. New York Jets (7-10)

Team needs: OT, OG, S, LB, EDGE, WR
Notable free agents: EDGE Carl Lawson, RB Dalvin Cook, OT Duane Brown, EDGE Bryce Huff, WR Mecole Hardman

11. Minnesota Vikings (7-10)

Team needs: QB, EDGE, CB, DT, RB
Notable free agents: QB Kirk Cousins, EDGE Danielle Hunter, EDGE Marcus Davenport, WR K.J. Osborn, QB Josh Dobbs

12. Denver Broncos (8-9)

Team needs: DT, S, EDGE, LB, CB, RB
Notable free agents: LB Josey Jewell, S Kareem Jackson, C Lloyd Cushenberry, TE Adam Trautman

13. Las Vegas Raiders (8-9)

Team needs: DT, OT, OG, CB, LB, QB, RB
Notable free agents: RB Josh Jacobs, C Andre James, TE Austin Hooper, OL Jermaine Eluemunor

14. New Orleans Saints (9-8)

Team needs: OG, TE, EDGE, DT, S
Notable free agents: OG Andrus Peat, QB Jameis Winston, OT James Hurst, LB Zack Baun, TE Jimmy Graham

15. Indianapolis Colts (9-8)

Team needs: CB, S, WR, DT, EDGE, LB
Notable free agents: DT Grover Stewart, CB Kenny Moore, QB Gardner Minshew, WR Michael Pittman Jr., RB Zack Moss

16. Seattle Seahawks (9-8)

Team needs: OG, S, EDGE, LB, DT
Notable free agents: OG Damien Lewis, LB Devin Bush, LB Jordyn Brooks, QB Drew Lock, LB Bobby Wagner, DT Leonard Williams, EDGE Frank Clark

17. Jacksonville Jaguars (9-8)

Team needs: OG, DT, EDGE, WR, S, CB
Notable free agents: EDGE Josh Allen, EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson, WR Calvin Ridley, OG Ezra Cleveland

18. Cincinnati Bengals (9-8)

Team needs: OT, OG, C, DT, WR
Notable free agents: DT D.J. Reader, WR Tyler Boyd, WR Tee Higgins, OT Jonah Williams, TE Irv Smith

19. Los Angeles Rams (10-7)

Team needs: OT, RB, CB, S, EDGE
Notable free agents: S Jordan Fuller, OG Kevin Dotson, S John Johnson, LB Troy Reeder

20. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-7)

Team needs: OT, CB, LB, OG, QB
Notable free agents: CB Levi Wallace, DT Montravius Adams, QB Mason Rudolph, EDGE Markus Golden

21. Miami Dolphins (11-6)

Team needs: TE, OG, CB, DT, LB
Notable free agents: C Connor Williams, DT Christian Wilkins, OG Isaiah Wynn, OG Robert Hunt, DT Raekwon Davis, LB Jerome Baker

22. Philadelphia Eagles (11-6)

Team needs: RB, EDGE, CB, TE, DT
Notable free agents: C Jason Kelce, DT Fletcher Cox, EDGE Brandon Graham, RB D'Andre Swift, RB Rashaad Penny

23. Houston Texans (via trade with 11-6 Browns)

Team needs: DT, EDGE, LB, CB, TE, OG, WR
Notable free agents: TE Dalton Schultz, DT Sheldon Rankins, CB Steven Nelson, EDGE Jonathan Greenard, CB Tavierre Thomas, EDGE Derek Barnett

24. Dallas Cowboys (12-5)

Team needs: C, RB, CB, DT, OG
Notable free agents: OT Tyron Smith, RB Tony Pollard, CB Stephon Gilmore, C Tyler Biadasz, EDGE Dorance Armstrong

25. Green Bay Packers (9-8)

Team needs: S, OG, C, EDGE, RB, QB
Notable free agents: S Darnell Savage, RB A.J. Dillon, OT Yosh Nijman, OG Jon Runyan

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-8)

Team needs: OG, C, LB, S, DT, QB
Notable free agents: WR Mike Evans, LB Devin White, LB Lavonte David, QB Baker Mayfield, S Antoine Winfield Jr.

27. Arizona Cardinals (via trade with 10-7 Texans)

Notable free agents: WR Hollywood Brown, DT Leki Fotu, CB Antonio Hamilton, EDGE L.J. Collier, TE Geoff Swaim

28. Kansas City Chiefs (11-6)

Team needs: OT, WR, CB, DT, EDGE
Notable free agents: DT Chris Jones, LB Drue Tranquill, S Mike Edwards, LB Willie Gay Jr., CB L'Jarius Sneed, OT Donovan Smith

29. Buffalo Bills (11-6)

Team needs: CB, S, DT, EDGE, WR, LB
Notable free agents: S Micah Hyde, EDGE Leonard Floyd, RB Damien Harris, WR Gabe Davis, EDGE Shaq Lawson, EDGE A.J. Epenesa

30. Detroit Lions (12-5)

Team needs: CB, OG, DT, EDGE, WR
Notable free agents: EDGE Romeo Okwara, S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, OG Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OG Jonah Jackson, CB Emmanuel Moseley, WR Donovan Peoples-Jones

31. San Francisco 49ers (12-5)

Team needs: OT, OG, C, CB, TE, S
Notable free agents: DT Javon Kinlaw, QB Sam Darnold, EDGE Clelin Ferrell, S Tashaun Gipson, EDGE Chase Young

32. Baltimore Ravens (13-4)

Team needs: OG, OT, CB, DT, RB, EDGE
Notable free agents: WR Odell Beckham Jr., OG Kevin Zeitler, DT Michael Pierce, LB Patrick Queen, EDGE Jadeveon Clowney, RB J.K. Dobbins

Teams without a first-round pick

Cleveland Browns (11-6)

Team needs: OT, EDGE, DT, S, RB, OG
Notable free agents: EDGE Za'Darius Smith, DT Shelby Harris, S Grant Delpit, DT Maurice Hurst, DT Jordan Elliott

Carolina Panthers (2-15)

Team needs: WR, RB, OG, OT, CB, DT, EDGE
Notable free agents: EDGE Justin Houston, EDGE Brian Burns, LB Frankie Luvu, S Jeremy Chinn, WR DJ Chark

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yes, the hope that one of the solid QB's drop to us in the 2nd is a pipe dream. Any of those 12 teams sure aren't passing up Penix/Nix twice.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Hunter had a MONSTER year and didn’t have near the talent near him. I just don’t know if they’ll want to dedicate that much to one position… depends if we retain Dotson who’s gonna be in line to get paid (I hope we do retain him)

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hunter had a MONSTER year and didn’t have near the talent near him. I just don’t know if they’ll want to dedicate that much to one position… depends if we retain Dotson who’s gonna be in line to get paid (I hope we do retain him)
Should be a 3 year deal at about 25 per.
They can make it happen easily.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

View attachment 63913

Ive seen clips of them and would know who you were talking about but I did grow up with some Red Skelton and Three Stooges on the TV quite often.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Not likely we are in the market for a QB early, but… Look at the number of teams in front of us, in the market for a QB.

There could be 12.

1. Chicago Bears (via trade with 2-15 Panthers)

2. Washington Commodes (4-13)

Team needs: OG, C, TE, LB, EDGE, QB
Notable free agents: DB Kamren Curl, RB Antonio Gibson, WR Curtis Samuel, QB Jacoby Brissett, CB Kendall Fuller

3. New England Patriots (4-13)

Team needs: OT, DT, TE, WR, LB
Notable free agents: TE Hunter Henry, OT Trent Brown, TE Mike Gesicki, EDGE Josh Uche, S Kyle Dugger, Ezekiel Elliott

4. Arizona Cardinals (4-13)

Notable free agents: WR Hollywood Brown, DT Leku Fotu, CB Antonio Hamilton, EDGE L.J. Collier

5. Los Angeles Chargers (5-12)

Team needs: CB, DT, TE, RB, LB
Notable free agents: RB Austin Ekeler, LB Kenneth Murray, TE Gerald Everett, RB Josh Kelley, CB Michael Davis

6. New York Giants (6-11)

Team needs: QB, OG, C, CB, DT, EDGE, WR, RB
Notable free agents: CB Adoree Jackson, RB Saquon Barkley, WR Parris Campbell, LB Isaiah Simmons

7. Tennessee Titans (6-11)

Team needs: OT, WR, DT, CB, EDGE, RB
Notable free agents: QB Ryan Tannehill, RB Derrick Henry, DT Denico Autry, OT Chris Hubbard

8. Atlanta Falcons (7-10)

Team needs: QB, LB, WR, EDGE, CB, S
Notable free agents: CB Jeff Okudah, EDGE Calais Campbell, EDGE Bud Dupree, RB Cordarrelle Patterson, C Matt Hennessy, WR Van Jefferson

9. Chicago Bears (7-10)

10. New York Jets (7-10)

Team needs: OT, OG, S, LB, EDGE, WR
Notable free agents: EDGE Carl Lawson, RB Dalvin Cook, OT Duane Brown, EDGE Bryce Huff, WR Mecole Hardman

11. Minnesota Vikings (7-10)

Team needs: QB, EDGE, CB, DT, RB
Notable free agents: QB Kirk Cousins, EDGE Danielle Hunter, EDGE Marcus Davenport, WR K.J. Osborn, QB Josh Dobbs

12. Denver Broncos (8-9)

Team needs: DT, S, EDGE, LB, CB, RB
Notable free agents: LB Josey Jewell, S Kareem Jackson, C Lloyd Cushenberry, TE Adam Trautman

13. Las Vegas Raiders (8-9)

Team needs: DT, OT, OG, CB, LB, QB, RB
Notable free agents: RB Josh Jacobs, C Andre James, TE Austin Hooper, OL Jermaine Eluemunor

14. New Orleans Saints (9-8)

Team needs: OG, TE, EDGE, DT, S
Notable free agents: OG Andrus Peat, QB Jameis Winston, OT James Hurst, LB Zack Baun, TE Jimmy Graham

15. Indianapolis Colts (9-8)

Team needs: CB, S, WR, DT, EDGE, LB
Notable free agents: DT Grover Stewart, CB Kenny Moore, QB Gardner Minshew, WR Michael Pittman Jr., RB Zack Moss

16. Seattle Seahawks (9-8)

Team needs: OG, S, EDGE, LB, DT
Notable free agents: OG Damien Lewis, LB Devin Bush, LB Jordyn Brooks, QB Drew Lock, LB Bobby Wagner, DT Leonard Williams, EDGE Frank Clark

17. Jacksonville Jaguars (9-8)

Team needs: OG, DT, EDGE, WR, S, CB
Notable free agents: EDGE Josh Allen, EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson, WR Calvin Ridley, OG Ezra Cleveland

18. Cincinnati Bengals (9-8)

Team needs: OT, OG, C, DT, WR
Notable free agents: DT D.J. Reader, WR Tyler Boyd, WR Tee Higgins, OT Jonah Williams, TE Irv Smith

19. Los Angeles Rams (10-7)

Team needs: OT, RB, CB, S, EDGE
Notable free agents: S Jordan Fuller, OG Kevin Dotson, S John Johnson, LB Troy Reeder

20. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-7)

Team needs: OT, CB, LB, OG, QB
Notable free agents: CB Levi Wallace, DT Montravius Adams, QB Mason Rudolph, EDGE Markus Golden

21. Miami Dolphins (11-6)

Team needs: TE, OG, CB, DT, LB
Notable free agents: C Connor Williams, DT Christian Wilkins, OG Isaiah Wynn, OG Robert Hunt, DT Raekwon Davis, LB Jerome Baker

22. Philadelphia Eagles (11-6)

Team needs: RB, EDGE, CB, TE, DT
Notable free agents: C Jason Kelce, DT Fletcher Cox, EDGE Brandon Graham, RB D'Andre Swift, RB Rashaad Penny

23. Houston Texans (via trade with 11-6 Browns)

Team needs: DT, EDGE, LB, CB, TE, OG, WR
Notable free agents: TE Dalton Schultz, DT Sheldon Rankins, CB Steven Nelson, EDGE Jonathan Greenard, CB Tavierre Thomas, EDGE Derek Barnett

24. Dallas Cowboys (12-5)

Team needs: C, RB, CB, DT, OG
Notable free agents: OT Tyron Smith, RB Tony Pollard, CB Stephon Gilmore, C Tyler Biadasz, EDGE Dorance Armstrong

25. Green Bay Packers (9-8)

Team needs: S, OG, C, EDGE, RB, QB
Notable free agents: S Darnell Savage, RB A.J. Dillon, OT Yosh Nijman, OG Jon Runyan

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-8)

Team needs: OG, C, LB, S, DT, QB
Notable free agents: WR Mike Evans, LB Devin White, LB Lavonte David, QB Baker Mayfield, S Antoine Winfield Jr.

27. Arizona Cardinals (via trade with 10-7 Texans)

Notable free agents: WR Hollywood Brown, DT Leki Fotu, CB Antonio Hamilton, EDGE L.J. Collier, TE Geoff Swaim

28. Kansas City Chiefs (11-6)

Team needs: OT, WR, CB, DT, EDGE
Notable free agents: DT Chris Jones, LB Drue Tranquill, S Mike Edwards, LB Willie Gay Jr., CB L'Jarius Sneed, OT Donovan Smith

29. Buffalo Bills (11-6)

Team needs: CB, S, DT, EDGE, WR, LB
Notable free agents: S Micah Hyde, EDGE Leonard Floyd, RB Damien Harris, WR Gabe Davis, EDGE Shaq Lawson, EDGE A.J. Epenesa

30. Detroit Lions (12-5)

Team needs: CB, OG, DT, EDGE, WR
Notable free agents: EDGE Romeo Okwara, S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, OG Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OG Jonah Jackson, CB Emmanuel Moseley, WR Donovan Peoples-Jones

31. San Francisco 49ers (12-5)

Team needs: OT, OG, C, CB, TE, S
Notable free agents: DT Javon Kinlaw, QB Sam Darnold, EDGE Clelin Ferrell, S Tashaun Gipson, EDGE Chase Young

32. Baltimore Ravens (13-4)

Team needs: OG, OT, CB, DT, RB, EDGE
Notable free agents: WR Odell Beckham Jr., OG Kevin Zeitler, DT Michael Pierce, LB Patrick Queen, EDGE Jadeveon Clowney, RB J.K. Dobbins

Teams without a first-round pick

Cleveland Browns (11-6)

Team needs: OT, EDGE, DT, S, RB, OG
Notable free agents: EDGE Za'Darius Smith, DT Shelby Harris, S Grant Delpit, DT Maurice Hurst, DT Jordan Elliott

Carolina Panthers (2-15)

Team needs: WR, RB, OG, OT, CB, DT, EDGE
Notable free agents: EDGE Justin Houston, EDGE Brian Burns, LB Frankie Luvu, S Jeremy Chinn, WR DJ Chark
They could add K and OLB to our needs list, at least in my eyes. I wouldn't chase a QB this year. I'd get Wentz to hang around again if I could, might be worth overpaying a little bit for insurance.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Our free cap looks like about 81M right now doesn't it?
Per Spotrac, the Rams 2024 cap space is $48M. OTC has it at $42M.

I believe both sites reflect 36 players under contract; and neither currently reflects the 14 players signed to Reserve/Futures contracts over the past two days.