Rams Pick #19 (2024 draft)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
With Bucs win, our selection number is set.

I see 12 players right now who, based on current evaluations, almost certainly won’t be there (listed alphabetically):

Joe Alt
Brock Bowers
Jayden Daniels
Olumuyima Fashnu
Marvin Harrison, Jr.
Laiatu Latu
Drake Maye
Malik Nabers
Jer’zahn Newton
Rome Odunze
Nate Wiggins
Caleb Williams

That, of course, might change, but I feel good that there are a lot of difference makers left after those 12 are gone.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
QB: Williams, Maye, Daniels
WR: Harrison, Nabers
TE: Bowers
OT: Fashanu, Alt
Edge: Turner, Verse
DL: Newton

These are the only guys who will, in my opinion, definitely be gone by the time we pick. Others, such as Odunze (WR), Latu (Edge), the top couple of cornerbacks and maybe a couple more tackles will probably join them.

I think we will still have some quality pass rushers and cornerbacks to select from when we pick. In my mind, we have to strengthen the defensive side of the ball first; the offence can wait until next year.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
at least with the loss, we gained a few spots (3?) in the process. Not a consolation prize but it’s something. Better than nothing.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
So you’re saying Odunze could be there…

Happy Christmas GIF by Orange Romania

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Following the Wild Card Round, with both of the 9-8 teams (Green Bay and Tampa) advancing, the Rams appear to be locked-into the 19th pick.

That's the highest of the fourteen playoff teams, which is ironic in that the Rams were the only losing team this weekend that gave a really competitive performance.

Personally, I am hoping all six of the top quarterback prospects impress the hell out of QB-needy-teams, and there's a frenzy of trade activity to maneuver trying to select one. Aside from being fun to follow, that would push top talent at other positions (CB, Edge, WR and OL) down to the middle of Round One.

So, I guess "I am Pulling for some Big-Hands Quarterbacks!" A phrase I thought I would never say.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm not ready for 4 months of draft talk.

It's not ALL Draft.

Eight head coaching openings (one already filled), with three potential (maybe unlikely) more in Dallas, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh (Tomlin's choice).

That means a ton of adjustments and changes to coaching staffs, including the Rams.

There's a ton of salary cap issues ...
What will the 2024 salary cap be?
Creating space to get under the cap.
Creating additional space through restructures and releasing players for free agency.

Then there are decisions on tender offers to restricted free agents; and Franchise tags.

Then there is League-wide Free Agency.

THEN the Draft.

But No Games.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Better leave the board for awhile because that is what the majority of the posts are going to be lol

Soon as the SB ends I go on my sabbatical from football until September lol. Unless there's actual news.

It's not ALL Draft.

Eight head coaching openings (one already filled), with three potential (maybe unlikely) more in Dallas, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh (Tomlin's choice).

That means a ton of adjustments and changes to coaching staffs, including the Rams.

There's a ton of salary cap issues ...
What will the 2024 salary cap be?
Creating space to get under the cap.
Creating additional space through restructures and releasing players for free agency.

Then there are decisions on tender offers to restricted free agents; and Franchise tags.

Then there is League-wide Free Agency.

THEN the Draft.

But No Games.

gag-gagging.gif

I know a lot of ppl follow this religiously tho.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
No way I’d pick a WR with our 1st. But if Odunze was still there when we pick, I think I’d change my mind and take him. He’ll be well gone before we pick anyway.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Soon as the SB ends I go on my sabbatical from football until September lol. Unless there's actual news.

gag-gagging.gif

I know a lot of ppl follow this religiously tho.
I understand.

For me, the NFL is the only sport I still religiously follow; and I love the off-season where just about every team has a turnover of 30%-40% and the off-season decisions have a huge impact on the following season.

You have a cute cat, by-the-way.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No way I’d pick a WR with our 1st. But if Odunze was still there when we pick, I think I’d change my mind and take him. He’ll be well gone before we pick anyway.
I'd definitely take Odunze, who I think is a perfect fit for our system. Heck, I might even trade up to get him.

Would I take another WR who might fall to #19? Maybe, but only if the best WR on the board was deemed a better prospect then the best CB, LT and EDGE available.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'd definitely take Odunze, who I think is a perfect fit for our system. Heck, I might even trade up to get him.

Would I take another WR who might fall to #19? Maybe, but only if the best WR on the board was deemed a better prospect then the best CB, LT and EDGE available.

Or if we address one or two of those positions in Free Agency. That would allow the Rams to splurge a little.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Best CB or Edge please in Round 1. This is where we were really hurt in the first half at Detroit.

If we don’t trade back, we need to grab the best center or OT remaining in round 2. Unfair that Goff spent the first half unpressured while Stafford had defenders in his face and was taking contact.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or if we address one or two of those positions in Free Agency. That would allow the Rams to splurge a little.
Definitely. For example, I'm really hoping we address the EDGE position in FA. Some potential FAs include Brian Burns, Josh Allen, Danielle Hunter and Chase Young.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Some potential FAs include Brian Burns, Josh Allen, Danielle Hunter and Chase Young
Burns and Allen are both likely to be tagged, making the other two even more expensive.

This year’s draft is packed with outstanding edge prospects- draft one of them and spend the FA money elsewhere.