Rams OTA's 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
top row section 233
20210610_163723.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those articles are from August. This is June, and in June of 2020, Hopkins and Jefferson were on Zoom, not a football field. I get your point, but I'm simply not going to compare apples and oranges because doing so pretends that last offseason was "normal" and it simply wasn't,
Well, its apples to apples in the fact that this was the first live action for both and was widely acclaimed, videos went viral.
Last TC was OTA and Training camp combined.
Jefferson shined, like Harris and meanwhile Hopkins still hasnt been seen actually catching a ball

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
From yesterday's practice. I love this. This is a mind meld in process..
*****************************************************************************************************************************
When I asked Stafford about Kupp’s near-constant communication with him on Tuesday despite not practicing (Kupp had a play-card and was working closely with Stafford on the sideline between snaps), he said, “He’s one of the smartest guys I’ve played with. His understanding of this offense and what defenses are trying to do is pretty special, and something that, as a quarterback, is a lot of fun — to have a guy out there that you know is thinking and seeing the game the same way that you are. That’s a special trait of his.”
By Jourdan Rodrigue

• Left tackle Andrew Whitworth got a lengthy workout in one-on-one with head strength coach Justin Lovett, but did not participate in team drills or installation periods (he did through the OTAs media could view and also fully participated on Tuesday). Joe Noteboom has been working at left tackle on the second team (he also established himself there when filling in for Whitworth when the veteran left tackle was injured last season), so he stepped in at left tackle on Wednesday..

• Defensive coordinator Raheem Morris paid safety Taylor Rapp a compliment on his communication ability when the latter got the defense organized a few times in 11-on-11s. Rapp, by the way, says he’s completely healthy after a year spent battling injuries on multiple occasions, and looks to be moving really well through these past two days of minicamp.

• Running backs coach/assistant head coach Thomas Brown again spent some extra time with second-year running back Cam Akers before the day began. Brown coached Akers through a few technical points regarding blocking and pass-protection, demonstrating certain foot/hand placements as Akers watched. Akers is currently projecting into the Rams’ lead-back role after a string of injuries stalled some of his early momentum last season, but also knows that staying on the field for all three downs will mean getting the necessary boxes checked in pass protection.
By Jourdan Rodrigue

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO, he's (Max Pircher) will probably be taking snaps at every position along the line of scrimmage. I don't believe he's in the plans, this is just something the NFL does with hope to build the game abroad.

Right on coach. Saw some cool stuff today. Maximums was getting some one on one with Big Whit.The funny thing was that The Vet’s(some) were geeked up today.Big Rob was getting some good info on his footwork I believe.I don’t know how many people noticed? What I saw was pretty awesome.Those 2 are always on opposite ends of each other,so they are both usually the 1’s in drills as well.

I don’t know ,but Pircher sure looks the part.He has no pressure on him.You think about him being a Euro & language could be an obstacle? The fact he is taking Center Reps I think is cool.I got lost in him getting Reps today though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

There’s the answer!! I was quoting coach Den & then I see this.Hope I described it well enough. It is Max Pircher with Whitworth. Good stuff.I got a photo of Mcvay hugging Stan Kronke.I also gave Stan a shoutout.
Was drawn over because he was with Mathew Stafford for a minute? Les Snead was right by as well. Anyways ?
I do love what Stan Kronke has done & shouted out a thank you.He is a classy dude & I’m just a Crazy Rams fan.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Pretty awesome CGI ! A year ago(less) I walked from LAX with my Bag down Century Blvd. -My girlfriend was late picking me up. Grabbed a 24oz. Voddo & kept walking.She was on Manchester the Doughnut shop, Getting gas. Century was closed & she got lost. Anyway see found me in front of SOFI with construction. Got on my swim suit ? Don’t know how all that worked out.Think I was actually naked on Prairie? Went to the beach & see meet an Old Childhood buddy who was Lifeguarding in Pedro.
-Today we all walked into SOFI together completed that Journey & Walk of Life. Just a RAD experience.My girlfriend wanted a Troy Reeder jersey after today. —The Truth was though before that Floyd was her favorite player. —This Dude is Awesome (54). He was playing catch with some Fans as well. —Be will get after Opposing QB’s he is Free to do what he wanted. Mcvay is such a PlYers coach.

TexasRam

Legend
If Long has figured it out that would be huge for us. I am not counting on it, he has looked very lost thus far when called on. But hey, even Ron Bartell eventually figured it out after a few years.

Taylor Rapp has shown excellent instincts despite a few memorable screw ups, such as the Niner game a few years ago. If he turned in a huge season I wouldn't be surprised.

If Jacob Harris is moving up the depth chart that is a great sign. Lots of potential in that one!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

10 Observations from the third and final day of the Rams' 2021 minicamp​

INGLEWOOD, Calif. – The Rams concluded this year's minicamp and offseason program with an open practice in front of fans Thursday evening at SoFi Stadium. Staff writer Stu Jackson shares 10 Observations from the session:

1) Hey, Hall of Famer: Rams legend Isaac Bruce was on hand to take in practice and check out the stadium.

2) A lively atmosphere inside the stadium: DJ Mal-Ski was spinning, Nita Strauss was shredding on her electric guitar, and thousands of fans were on hand to take that and the practice on the field all in.

3) Perhaps the best reaction to the crowd noise, and having fans inside the stadium, was Rams head coach Sean McVay smiling afterward as he was talking to the players during warmups.

4) In terms of fan interactions, outside linebacker Leonard Floyd played catch with a few fans sitting in the stadium's lower bowl.

5) Loud cheers for wide receivers Cooper Kupp and DeSean Jackson. Kupp was greeted with a hearty and customary "COOOPPP!" upon appearing on the video board while being interviewed by J.B. Long and D'Marco Farr. Meanwhile, Jackson – who grew up in nearby Crenshaw – received a warm welcome home.

6) Defensive coordinator Raheem Morris remained hands-on, throwing passes to defensive backs during drills and later working 1-on-1 with Ramsey.

7) Toward the end of Thursday's practice, offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth was giving hands-on tips to offensive lineman Max Pircher.

8) Spotted wide receivers coach Eric Yarber giving rookie Ben Skowronek some pointers after Thursday's practice.

9) Past meets present: Running back Cam Akers had the chance to meet Rams legend Eric Dickerson during Thursday's practice.

10) Matthew Stafford gets first chance to interact with Rams fans: Los Angeles' new quarterback received plenty of cheers when he walked onto the field at the start of Thursday's practice, and sent a handful of fans home happy at the end by signing some items.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Defensive Coordinator Raheem Morris Brings New Energy to Rams OTAs​

L.A.'s new defensive coordinator offers hands-on approach

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Something didn’t look right to Raheem Morris.

While helping to direct a footwork drills with linebackers coach Mike Shula, the Los Angeles Rams new defensive coordinator stopped Kenny Young, asking him to do the drill over.

“You got to keep one foot on the ground at all times!” Morris bellowed, demonstrating to Young what he wanted.

Young went through the drill again, apparently this time doing it the right way and getting a “Good job!” from Morris.

View: https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/status/1402396214964875265?s=21

“He was telling me I’m not at UCLA anymore and to stop hopping in my shuffle,” Young said with a smile after practice. “He was just getting me right, telling me to keep my feet in the grass.”

While the Rams returned most of the players from the team’s No. 1-ranked defense, the lost an important piece when defensive coordinator Brandon Staley took the head coaching job with the Los Angeles Chargers.

Morris has big shoes to fill but brings a big personality to the practice field.

“They’re both energy guys, but Coach Morris likes to talk a tad bit more junk to you,” Rams edge rusher Leonard Floyd said, when asked to compare Staley and Morris. “And that gets you going a lot.”

Some other notes from minicamp this week:

* Tutu Atwell looked good getting in and out of his breaks and catching the ball, particularly on out-breaking routes along the sideline. Atwell is a natural hands catcher and showed no problems creating separation during 7-on-7 drills. Interested to see how he plays in pads during training camp.

View: https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/status/1402330319059968000?s=21

* Second-year pro Bryce Perkins looked more accurate throwing the ball, particularly outside the numbers. Perkins threw a handful of solid completions on out routes, doing a nice job of driving the football and hitting the receivers on time.

* Safety Jake Gervase is making the transition to linebacker. With a deep, talented group at safety, Gervase has a better shot of sticking around at linebacker if he can contribute on special teams.

* Defensive lineman Michael Hoecht, Eric Banks and rookie Bobby Brown III got some work with the first group with Aaron Donald not a minicamp and Sebastian Joseph-Day watching from the sidelines. Donald is not attending camp this week due to personal reasons, and head coach Sean McVay noted he had conversations with a few players about the potential of missing this week. Cornerback Darious Williams also did not attend minicamp.

* Jalen Ramsey was at practice this week and switched from No. 5 to No. 20. Second-year pro Cam Akers had switched from No. 3 to No. 23 but was back wearing No. 23 this week. DeSean Jackson, wearing No. 1, was at camp but watched the first day. Tight end Tyler Higbee also watched from the sidelines.

* Linebacker Travin Howard had a pick six during 7-on-7 and cornerback Kareem Orr also had an nice interception. Receiver Jaremiah Haydel has flashed during 7-on-7 workouts.

Shuie3225

Starter
I hope this pans out. Long hasn't done much up to this point. I really hope he's improved his game. Year three is a bit 'long' for a third rounder to contribute.
Yea I think we all wished Long made an impact last year but Troy Hill had a nice season.

One thing to remember with D Long, we drafted him right after he turned 21. He's still so young and is only barely 23 right now heading into his 3rd season. Whereas guys like Kupp and Van Jefferson were 24 years old as rookies. So he should take a step this year and is still years away from entering his prime. Some guys are just a bit younger and more raw when they come into the league.