Rams OTA's 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Long has figured it out that would be huge for us. I am not counting on it, he has looked very lost thus far when called on. But hey, even Ron Bartell eventually figured it out after a few years.

Taylor Rapp has shown excellent instincts despite a few memorable screw ups, such as the Niner game a few years ago. If he turned in a huge season I wouldn't be surprised.

If Jacob Harris is moving up the depth chart that is a great sign. Lots of potential in that one!

A unnamed rookie will be a STAR!! I’ve watched a lot of players come up in The NFL he is 1st. Rd TALENT. The thought is in his 5th season he will get PAID.
I really never saw Harris much.Just saying he was not a player that stood out.I’m weird how I watch things though.What I saw Johnny Mundt looking good. Plus Matthew Stafford needs more time to connect with Van Jefferson. Funny the catch he made before switching drills.Stafford ran to the 1’s(wr) group & just got into it.Really think he went over telling Van he would get him better passes. —Mcvay talks about a Star player from 2020 draft it’s Van Jefferson. His hands eye & routes are solid. —Cam Akers has HOF talent in my opinion.
—The 2020 RB group was awesome with 7 guys. Cam Akers if you add his age & 17 game seasons the sky is The Limit. He is so humble.He had the biggest smile on his face when he was talked about on the Big Screen.

Someone said about 2019 draft class.I love Henderson.The dude has excellent hands in the flat(more like deep screens) when he gets outside. Then his quickness(speed) after the catch.
—I’m cool with Davis Long.He gave up the First TD to Teo last season though. That will never get old.He earned it. Young ascending player. Will work hard & your not going to miss 22 in 2022. 2023 he will get paid.
2021 will be what determines a lot though. We’ll know have more 411(lMAO) on him.Gosh how times have changed. — thanks Stan!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yea I think we all wished Long made an impact last year but Troy Hill had a nice season.

One thing to remember with D Long, we drafted him right after he turned 21. He's still so young and is only barely 23 right now heading into his 3rd season. Whereas guys like Kupp and Van Jefferson were 24 years old as rookies. So he should take a step this year and is still years away from entering his prime. Some guys are just a bit younger and more raw when they come into the league.
Yeah, it’s just that the higher the draft round, the higher the expectations. And, while I like Troy Hills game, mostly his tackling and ability to stay around the ball, his coverage left a lot to be desired. But you are right. Long is still pretty young.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If Long Jr sticks to the outside he'll be fine. He was getting picked on covering the slot where technique is a bit different.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
From LBRamsFan on another Rams board:

Was great to be in the Stadium. This place holds the sound great - it is going to be Seattle-loud this year! It will definitely provide a home field advantage.
The facilities are amazing, clean and spacious, lots of restrooms and navigation inside the stadium is fast and easy. If you have an opportunity, you have to come see a game here!
Stafford was as advertised - he was very decisive with his throws. This is made evident by watching the other QBs, who double clutch a lot and are less sure what they are seeing.
Jacob Harris is a monster and appeared to be featured quite a bit today. Caught a few TDS in 7 on 7, and really looked good today. Exciting!
Desean Jackson ran with the ones and led every rep with Kupp and Woods not practicing. He looks good and ran the best routes, and he looks completely healthy (now).
The other receiver who ran with the ones was Tristan Jackson (over Van Jefferson). And I’m telling you, this kid is quick and smooth out of his breaks and caught everything.
VJ had a good practice as well. And I thought Wolford had a good day.
I spent a lot of time watching TuTu, he looks small standing next to Jackson but his quickness stands out. Two plays were memorable for the rook. On one deep square in against air from Wolford, the ball was too high and out of his reach, and he barely got a hand on it. After everyone else finished their rep and were heading down the field, Tu Tu grabbed Wolford and made him throw the route again (successfully). The other play was a deep out against the D from Stafford, who knifed it between the defenders (one in front and one in back). I thought the play had no chance, but Atwell leaped (lept?) over both defenders for a terrific grab. Very impressive!
Practice was great, Ike Bruce was there and the fans were into it.
I’m sure others can add to this. Go Rams!!

Psycho_X

Legend

The other receiver who ran with the ones was Tristan Jackson (over Van Jefferson). And I’m telling you, this kid is quick and smooth out of his breaks and caught everything.
Nice, I've heard Trishton get mentioned multiple times this offseason being impressive. An interesting name to keep an eye on as we head into the preseason. I wish he had return experience because that'd help his chances of getting a spot. As of right now you got Djax, Kupp, Woods, Atwell, Jefferson guaranteed spots so there's maybe two spots up for grabs. Skowronek probably has a good chance of sticking so he'd have to be useful to special teams to be a 6th WR I'd think. Never a bad thing to have talent to rotate out the bottom of the roster though. I liked Webster but he never showed enough when given his brief chances.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I was at SoFi yesterday and have to say the place is amazing. Our seats were at field level and besides being really close to the action the place is just loud. When that place is full of fans it will really be something to behold. I wanted to study player #'s before I went but got too busy with work to do that so besides the obvious player's I was going in blind as to who was who.

Two players that stood out to me, one on offense and one on defense were #22 and #87. When I got home I found out that they were David Long Jr and Jacob Harris. #22 seemed quick and was around the ball all day and had what I think was the only interception of the day in 7 on 7's , which I believe was against Wolford. Looks like Long may be starting to Blossom, fingers crossed. #87 is a physical specimen, you couldn't help but notice him. The thing that stood out about Harris was his ability to adjust to the ball, so natural and seemingly effortless, and catches everything that comes his way. How well he moves in relation to his size is very impressive. Others who stood out to me were DeSaun Jackson, very fluid and confident, Van Jefferson made a couple of nice catches, and I have to say Tutu Atwell impressed me. Count me as one who was less than pleased with that pick on draft day. Other than standing out for being the smallest guy on the field, he seemed to have good hands, made some tough catches in traffic, and of course speed to burn as advertised. Tutu also seemed very engaged. Of course we all know what we've got in Stafford. Wolford looked pretty accurate although he did have that one interception but that just seemed like a nice play by Long. The other two QBs, #16 and #19 had some nice throws but overall the way they moved just seemed frantic like things were almost moving too fast for them, especially #19. You could always tell when Stafford was dropping back because he looks so in command.

Leonard Floyd was doing alot of extra one on one work in addition to all the drills with the LBers group. Not sure if he's working through something or just wanted to get the extra reps in. It was also nice to see him engaging with some of the fans.
The D Lineman were doing their drills right in front of us so it was a little disappointing that 99 wasn't there, but hey. it's AD. Who did stand out to me was #94, I know I should know who that is but now I know, it's A'Shawn! Powerful and quick, he has really transformed his body, looking lean and mean. They were doing this one drill where they get their arm extended with their hand on another players upper chest/shoulder/throat and push them sideways, and A'Shawn consistently had the other player stumbling back where others were able to keep their balance defending against that drill.

Did I mention the stadium was loud?
Oh, and the leg room is way better than the Staple Center!

After the practice was over we went all the way to the top row in the back corner of the end zone to check out the view. Amazing! (I'll post some pics when I get them from my friend.) The atmosphere after practice was very relaxed, no one was trying to usher us out, they just let us wonder around for an hour or so to see as much of the stadium as we wanted.

Can't wait to go to a game there!

Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I was at SoFi yesterday and have to say the place is amazing. Our seats were at field level and besides being really close to the action the place is just loud. When that place is full of fans it will really be something to behold. I wanted to study player #'s before I went but got too busy with work to do that so besides the obvious player's I was going in blind as to who was who.

Two players that stood out to me, one on offense and one on defense were #22 and #87. When I got home I found out that they were David Long Jr and Jacob Harris. #22 seemed quick and was around the ball all day and had what I think was the only interception of the day in 7 on 7's , which I believe was against Wolford. Looks like Long may be starting to Blossom, fingers crossed. #87 is a physical specimen, you couldn't help but notice him. The thing that stood out about Harris was his ability to adjust to the ball, so natural and seemingly effortless, and catches everything that comes his way. How well he moves in relation to his size is very impressive. Others who stood out to me were DeSaun Jackson, very fluid and confident, Van Jefferson made a couple of nice catches, and I have to say Tutu Atwell impressed me. Count me as one who was less than pleased with that pick on draft day. Other than standing out for being the smallest guy on the field, he seemed to have good hands, made some tough catches in traffic, and of course speed to burn as advertised. Tutu also seemed very engaged. Of course we all know what we've got in Stafford. Wolford looked pretty accurate although he did have that one interception but that just seemed like a nice play by Long. The other two QBs, #16 and #19 had some nice throws but overall the way they moved just seemed frantic like things were almost moving too fast for them, especially #19. You could always tell when Stafford was dropping back because he looks so in command.

Leonard Floyd was doing alot of extra one on one work in addition to all the drills with the LBers group. Not sure if he's working through something or just wanted to get the extra reps in. It was also nice to see him engaging with some of the fans.
The D Lineman were doing their drills right in front of us so it was a little disappointing that 99 wasn't there, but hey. it's AD. Who did stand out to me was #94, I know I should know who that is but now I know, it's A'Shawn! Powerful and quick, he has really transformed his body, looking lean and mean. They were doing this one drill where they get their arm extended with their hand on another players upper chest/shoulder/throat and push them sideways, and A'Shawn consistently had the other player stumbling back where others were able to keep their balance defending against that drill.

After the practice was over we went all the way to the top row in the back corner of the end zone to check out the view. Amazing! (I'll post some pics when I get them from my friend.) The atmosphere after practice was very relaxed, no one was trying to usher us out, they just let us wonder around for an hour or so to see as much of the stadium as we wanted.

Great summary!! Your "blind" observations are even better than if you had known who the guys were!! Awesome to hear about standouts such as Long, Harris, DeSean, A'Shawn, Atwell and others. "And of course we know what we've got in Stafford."

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Glad to hear how awesome the stadium and players look. I'm also not one of those that was excited about Tutu and was banging the drum for Creed Humphrey but I hope Tutu shows the hell out and makes me eat crow.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Was great to be in the Stadium. This place holds the sound great - it is going to be Seattle-loud this year! It will definitely provide a home field advantage.
The facilities are amazing, clean and spacious, lots of restrooms and navigation inside the stadium is fast and easy. If you have an opportunity, you have to come see a game here!
Stafford was as advertised - he was very decisive with his throws. This is made evident by watching the other QBs, who double clutch a lot and are less sure what they are seeing.
Jacob Harris is a monster and appeared to be featured quite a bit today. Caught a few TDS in 7 on 7, and really looked good today. Exciting!
Desean Jackson ran with the ones and led every rep with Kupp and Woods not practicing. He looks good and ran the best routes, and he looks completely healthy (now).
VJ had a good practice as well. And I thought Wolford had a good day.
I spent a lot of time watching TuTu, he looks small standing next to Jackson but his quickness stands out. Two plays were memorable for the rook. On one deep square in against air from Wolford, the ball was too high and out of his reach, and he barely got a hand on it. After everyone else finished their rep and were heading down the field, Tu Tu grabbed Wolford and made him throw the route again (successfully). The other play was a deep out against the D from Stafford, who knifed it between the defenders (one in front and one in back). I thought the play had no chance, but Atwell leaped (lept?) over both defenders for a terrific grab. Very impressive!
Practice was great, Ike Bruce was there and the fans were into it.
I’m sure others can add to this. Go Rams!!

Both great reads. Thank you.

Encouraging stuff in these... Interesting the impression of the stadium being loud when it was obviously not a full crowd. Great to hear.

Harris and Atwell, always good to hear good things early!

Long… Could be the best news! We need him. Our CB’s were damn good last year, hard to get a ton of snaps. He’s getting that chance now.

btfd16

Rookie
Van Jefferson was balling during OTAs and camp last year so I am tempering my feelings on Jacob Harris. But at this point... very disappointed about Van and Brycen Hopkins.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Both great reads. Thank you.

Encouraging stuff in these... Interesting the impression of the stadium being loud when it was obviously not a full crowd. Great to hear.

Harris and Atwell, always good to hear good things early!

Long… Could be the best news! We need him. Our CB’s were damn good last year, hard to get a ton of snaps. He’s getting that chance now.

Yeah - the sound system is amazing. The noise will be crazy.On the field there was The Rams Electric Guitar Chick playing & the sound just blew her noise away as well. Add a Full Stadium.

The Whose House is cool. Wasn’t sure I’d be a Fan of it. It will get Fans Geeked Up with Energy.

Mcvay talked about David Long.They didn’t even put his name right.Troy Hill was still in the computer system.
He likes what he brings & OTA’s showed his improvement.

Ju ju 23 Huges made a nice INT in Live. It was a excellent play.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Van Jefferson was balling during OTAs and camp last year so I am tempering my feelings on Jacob Harris. But at this point... very disappointed about Van and Brycen Hopkins.

Did you watch VJ’s last game ?