Rams O-Line is the Best and It's Not Close

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...d-goff-rams-oline-playing-the-best-in-the-nfl

Jared Goff: Rams' O-line 'playing the best' in the NFL

The Los Angeles Rams are flying high with a 4-0 record and own the league's No. 1 offense in total yards and scoring.

A lot of the team's offensive success can be traced to the front five, where left tackle Andrew Whitworth, left guard Rodger Saffold, center John Sullivan, right guard Austin Blythe and right tackle Rob Havenstein have kept quarterback Jared Goff safe.

"They're playing the best in the league right now and I don't think it's really close," Goff said, via Rich Hammond of the Orange County Register. "I don't know what the numbers are, but I've hit the ground maybe three or four times. I mean even just hits, pressures, not even sacks. That stuff is incredible, and they're doing a great job."

Goff has been sacked just five times on the season, a remarkable number when considering he has attempted 134 passes through four games. His ability to stay upright has allowed Goff to total 1,406 yards passing and 11 touchdowns pass, both ranking second in the league.

The Rams' offensive line appears primed to continue helping Goff lead a potent attack when considering upcoming opponents before a Week 12 bye.

While the schedule produces individual elite pass rushers, such the Denver Broncos' Von Miller in Week 6 or the Kansas Chiefs' Justin Houston in Week 11, the Rams face just one team currently ranked in the top 10 in sacks -- the Green Bay Packers in Week 8.

For all the accolades Goff, running back Todd Gurley and a triple-threat wide receiver corps of Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods receive, the engine that drives the Rams' express train starts up front with a group of players often away from the spotlight.

After allowing 28 sacks in 2017, which ranked as the ninth-lowest in the league, the Rams are on pace to allow just 20 sacks in 2018 because of the front blockers.

An upright Goff should more than welcome the opportunities with a little help from his friends to pick apart opponents unless defenses figure out a way to affect him in the pocket.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still hold to the old adage "the game is won and lost in the trenches".

Oline is playing lights out.
Dline, while not getting the sacks we might have expected, is doing great keeping the pressure on the opposing QB.

Two very good reasons the Rams are 4-0.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Blythe is looking like a real steal. Our FO keeps on hitting on these guys which helps with our Cap. Yeah if he continues to stay healthy and play well we'll eventually have to pay the guy but damn it's good to be a Rams fan right now.
I really give it up to our Coaching staff, McBae and Khromer have really got these guys playing lights out with minimal mental and physical errors. Which goes to show you it's all about coaching these young guys up in the NFL.

Proof is in the puddin

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm in Love with two Men...Sean McVay & Offensive Line Coach Aaron Kromer, I know it's possible because my wife tells me that all the time.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Blythe is looking like a real steal in the draft. Our FO keeps on hitting on these guys which helps with our Cap. Yeah if he continues to stay healthy and play well we'll eventually have to pay the guy but damn it's good to be a Rams fan right now.
I really give it up to our Coaching staff, McBae and Khromer have really got these guys playing lights out with minimal mental and physical errors. Which goes to show you it's all about coaching these young guys up in the NFL.

Proof is in the puddin
Colts draft. We got him off waivers. Kromer is the best in the business.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
A lot of credit to the O-lines success goes to their cohesion as a unit but I'll also credit the coach's play calling during the presnap along with the WRs, TEs, and RBs execution of it to keep opposing defenses second guessing.

Everyone on offense essentially just complements each other to make their roles easier.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
From worst to first, cant remember seeing an o line so sychronated.
Really special unit

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
haha oh crap you're right. Still great pick up.
Yes the Colts let this dinky Center go to the WWC resort for a day or so until the Rams Org. Do you think that the college he started for for 4 seasons ....I O W A next to his name caught thier eyes first. Signed him real early in May 2017. You better be a smart OL'er to play for Kromer.

Kromer did some of the same this earlier with a Cards former 2016 4th rd'er OC/OG Evan Boehm some other simular cast offs are RT Darrell Williams & OC/OG Aaron Nearly from the 9ers & Eagles. I still think that Neary will turn out to stick.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Protect the QB is the name of the game on offense. Goff appears to be able to make magic when given time which has been most of the time. I remember thinking Kurt Warner was going to find someone open if given time. That's happening with Goff. He may be finding open WRs even faster. The offensive line is doing a great job. They are making some nice holes for Gurley too.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes the Colts let this dinky Center go to the WWC resort for a day or so until the Rams Org. Do you think that the college he started for for 4 seasons ....I O W A next to his name caught thier eyes first. Signed him real early in May 2017. You better be a smart OL'er to play for Kromer.

Kromer did some of the same this earlier with a Cards former 2016 4th rd'er OC/OG Evan Boehm some other simular cast offs are RT Darrell Williams & OC/OG Aaron Nearly from the 9ers & Eagles. I still think that Neary will turn out to stick.
Did he get released after his DUI accident?

TexasRam

Legend
Not to discredit the Oline because they have been great, but the scheme with all the bootlegs, rollouts, play action and deception has been hugely influential in the lack of pressures. Not to mention the constant threat of the screen (half back and WR) which we run to perfection for huge gains. Even the edge rushers have to pause before rushing.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Did he get released after his DUI accident?
NO. Here's the official Rams Org. position:

McVay said," let’s help (Neary) work through this. Let’s use this as an opportunity for our whole team, our whole organization to be able to learn from and hopefully let’s not make these mistakes again."

Rams spokesman Artis Twyman said Neary was an offensive lineman for the team's practice squad and had been signed at the beginning of the season.

"We are aware of the situation regarding Aaron," Twyman said. "It's a legal matter and we have no further comment."

Neary is signed currently to the Rams Practice Squad for the 2018 season.

fearsomefour

Legend
NO. Here's the official Rams Org. position:

McVay said," let’s help (Neary) work through this. Let’s use this as an opportunity for our whole team, our whole organization to be able to learn from and hopefully let’s not make these mistakes again."

Rams spokesman Artis Twyman said Neary was an offensive lineman for the team's practice squad and had been signed at the beginning of the season.

"We are aware of the situation regarding Aaron," Twyman said. "It's a legal matter and we have no further comment."

Neary is signed currently to the Rams Practice Squad for the 2018 season.
Cool.
Thanks for the update.

jap

Legend
Blythe is looking like a real steal. Our FO keeps on hitting on these guys which helps with our Cap. Yeah if he continues to stay healthy and play well we'll eventually have to pay the guy but damn it's good to be a Rams fan right now.

Proof is in the puddin

Yes, with the NFL's ongoing attempts to establish league-wide parity, you need a superb scouting team to locate collegiate & FA talent, backed by a solid financial management corps to sign that talent and a superior coaching staff to teach & help translate as much potential into on-field production.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes, with the NFL's ongoing attempts to establish league-wide parity, you need a superb scouting team to locate collegiate & FA talent, backed by a solid financial management corps sign that talent and a superior coaching staff to teach & help translate as much potential into on-field production.
And consistency.
Changing coaches every two or three years....and with the change a change in offense and defensive scheme....is a formula for failure.

PatDaddy13

Rookie
Aaron Kromer is so far ahead of Paul Boudreau it's not even funny. The staff that McVay assembled is fantastic.

KayJay

Starter
Protect the QB is the name of the game on offense. Goff appears to be able to make magic when given time which has been most of the time. I remember thinking Kurt Warner was going to find someone open if given time. That's happening with Goff. He may be finding open WRs even faster. The offensive line is doing a great job. They are making some nice holes for Gurley too.
I mean if the Rams management scouted him correctly; that was always meant to be the game plan. His offensive line was shit in college. He learned to make plays regardless. So if you give him a great one, you're dealing with a monster.