Rams now lose Waldron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
At this rate, in five years every coach in the NFL will be a former Rams coach!
Usually, you can expect a few of the guys you lose to circle back around to you when they lose jobs in other places, but even Zac Taylor seems to have at least a year or two before he could be in trouble.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO it could be a good hire for them. Shane knows how to run the ball as evidenced by Henderson's and Acker's success. He understands the passing game which IMO will now be more dangerous. The problem with the Hawks passing game IMO has been a lack of route design and execution. He's going to emphasize crisp route running as opposed to strictly speed. Yeah, I can see the Hawks's offense getting better.

Impact wise on the Rams will be minimal IMO. The Rams need to bring in a legit QB coach for Goff. Rams need to shift to a power run attack. The Rams offense has to change and I think it will. So IMO the impact will be more on the Hawk's offense and minimal on the Rams.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Quite frankly, seems like our PASSING O has been blah since he became involved.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The offensive scheme has been holding back Seattle.

I hate to see them recognize that.

Actually I still think Pete will run the ball. I think this is a hire he can sort of put his blueprint into.

While at the same time maybe finally being able to learn to stop our offense.

Genius - it's sort of like our Staley hire last year only reverse offense and defense.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not bothered by losing Waldron.

But... a lot of people leaving the Rams at once. A year they finished well ahead of national expectations and added another with a playoff win from within a super competitive and brutal division.
Well done, no?
It doesn't feel like it.
It feels like a rebuild but we are only rebuilding with 3rd round picks, future firsts and no cash.

Hope I'm wrong and McSneadoff have a great plan that is sustainable.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If you're keeping score on assistants lost, the Los Angeles Rams have lost four assistant coaches and the Pittsburgh Steelers none. Add that the Packers & Bills who have gone further have still lost zero assistants.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1611755889214.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If you're keeping score on assistants lost, the Los Angeles Rams have lost four assistant coaches and the Pittsburgh Steelers none. Add that the Packers & Bills who have gone further have still lost zero assistants.

Three Steelers’ coaches did not have their contracts renewed, and a fourth retired.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Three Steelers’ coaches did not have their contracts renewed, and a fourth retired.

Good points there, I'm just amazed over the years with their success they have not lost assistants, other teams too seem to not suffer, in fact, the Saints until losing Aaron Glenn & Dan Campbell have not lost any assistants in the past, although they did block a few too. Overall, it amazes me how many assistants McVay continues to lose, hopefully, the Rams can have some sort of stability once the new staff is finalized.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay hasnt had much trouble surrounding himself with a good cast so im not too worried. Still surprising that of all of the coaches that couldve left, we kept our OC Kevin Oconnell.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Good points there, I'm just amazed over the years with their success they have not lost assistants, other teams too seem to not suffer, in fact, the Saints until losing Aaron Glenn & Dan Campbell have not lost any assistants in the past, although they did block a few too. Overall, it amazes me how many assistants McVay continues to lose, hopefully, the Rams can have some sort of stability once the new staff is finalized.
Agree.

Wonder if one factor (have done no research) is age.

Do many organizations often want to ‘discover’ the next young guy, like the Rams did with McVay and Staley?

Sometimes teams seek the experienced veteran coach but that seems like more of the exception to me.

Lafleur (to TN as an OC), Taylor, Staley, Pleasant and Waldron all seem to fall into that promote-a-young-guy category. O’Connell may be the next as a future HC hire.

No one has hired Kromer as an OC, or offered Barry a DC job (in the NFL). Phillips was not renewed and has not gotten a job.

No one wants us ugly old guys like Bum and me. Well damn it! We have personality and experience!!
And liver spots.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Pretty close to exactly that. Watch out for going to a corral there Sean.
I don’t think he died at the OK Corral. Believe Powers Boothe’s character died at the river in the failed ambush of Wyatt and Doc.

Thought that Wyatt Earp movie (Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer) was better than the Costner / Quaid version. Both were good.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it now! McVay is playing 4d chess while everyone else plays checkers...our offense didn’t regress McVay saw the trend and knew eventually the entire NFL would be made up of his former subordinates so he’s been running an intentionally flawed version of his own offense so his former assistants think they can stop it .....and when the time is right BAM 5 Super Bowls in a row before the league catches on!

jk

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t think he died at the OK Corral. Believe Powers Boothe’s character died at the river in the failed ambush of Wyatt and Doc.

Thought that Wyatt Earp movie (Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer) was better than the Costner / Quaid version. Both were good.
Correct but this is meant to be McVay wishing bye and the character saying bye in the gif/movie died.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Correct but this is meant to be McVay wishing bye and the character saying bye in the gif/movie died.
Yes but I don’t want McVay near any rivers. He should be OK at a corral though.

Now that I think about it, maybe McVay should stay away from corrals and rivers. And don’t even think about going into a corral near a river.