Rams News: Rival Wideout Hoping to Shatter Puka Nacua's Rookie Season Records

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Again - it's really really obvious that the reporter baited him into making that statement -- basically asking him "do you think you'll break Puka's record this season??" I'd love to hear the question he was asked.
And yes, these kind of baited questions -- just so they can write crappy off-season click-bait articles -- can damage a rookie's rep before he's even played a down. Now he's pegged as a prima donna??? a "diva"?? what if his teammates buy into that baloney?? or even his own QB?
This kinda crap is irresponsible reporting. Real journalism (in general) has gone waaaayy downhill since I was a kid. Reporters like this used to get run outta town. Now they get rewarded by pay-per-click platforms. Heck I bet even the ol' national enquirer wouldn't put out misleading crap like this, they'd get their socks sued off.
And I'll never be a 'da Bears fan, I just hate seeing a kid get railroaded like this before he's even had a chance to prove himself.
So, let's give the kid a break ROD, ok? ok.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Again - it's really really obvious that the reporter baited him into making that statement -- basically asking him "do you think you'll break Puka's record this season??" I'd love to hear the question he was asked.
And yes, these kind of baited questions -- just so they can write crappy off-season click-bait articles -- can damage a rookie's rep before he's even played a down. Now he's pegged as a prima donna??? a "diva"?? what if his teammates buy into that baloney?? or even his own QB?
This kinda crap is irresponsible reporting. Real journalism (in general) has gone waaaayy downhill since I was a kid. Reporters like this used to get run outta town. Now they get rewarded by pay-per-click platforms. Heck I bet even the ol' national enquirer wouldn't put out misleading crap like this, they'd get their socks sued off.
And I'll never be a 'da Bears fan, I just hate seeing a kid get railroaded like this before he's even had a chance to prove himself.
Not a Ram. So.......

NO!!

We need a color for joking. :)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
... it's really really obvious that the reporter baited him into making that statement ...
... Now he's pegged as a prima donna??? a "diva"?? what if his teammates buy into that baloney?? or even his own QB?
... This kinda crap is irresponsible reporting.
... I just hate seeing a kid get railroaded like this.
So, let's give the kid a break ROD, ok?

Sorry, can't do it.

1719241766988.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't see anyone here pegging him as anything. You have twice admonished as if we are falling for click bait shit. I don't see that happening. I do see people doubting his ability to break Nacua's record. Duh. You're on a Rams site. But you are basing your defense of the guy on an assumption that he didn't bring it up. That he was goaded into it. While it's possible, I still see most people somewhat defending him as in "what else is he supposed to say"? If this somehow railroads him or damages him, he's awfully weak. I'm going to guess he's stronger than that. And if not? Oh well. He wasn't going to make it anyway.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don't care about other WR's. Puka showed that he can step up against the whiners and that's what I love. Records are made to be broken. But I'm shocked that Eric Dickerson's 2105 still stands today. It will be broken eventually with the 17 game schedule.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Baited? Why is asking a question baiting? And who forced the kid to answer the way he did? My reply would have been, " Of course I hope to, but that's a lofty goal?". Or " I'm not concerned about records. I'm here to help my teammates win games". Its not all that hard.

That aside, all I said was something about some rookies being full of themselves. Some call it confidence, some call it cockiness, some call it a lack of humility. I have no problem when a guy thinks he's the greatest, after he already proved it. But, I prefer players to lead without bragging or making predictions before they ever touch the field. Two of the rookie QBs were making bets on which one of them would be rookie of the year. After seeing that, I hope its neither of them. My wife was the best soccer player on her team and she never bragged. She had quiet confidence. We raised our son the same way and he's the best defensive player on his team. Its just how I prefer players to be. But I mainly posted this because I thought it was funny that any rookie receiver would think he had a shot at breaking Puka's records. Especiakly with a rookie QB. I bet Puka wouldn't have said he's going to break records. He just smiles and plays.