Rams News: Rival Wideout Hoping to Shatter Puka Nacua's Rookie Season Records

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
um.... we seem to be forgetting something special about Puka....

YAC!!!!

good luck with that you asshole....

go rams

slo

Re-read his response, @sloramfan . He got baited into this response by a sports reporter, so that they could write a lame article like this one using our beloved Puka's name recognition as click-bait.
This kid is obviously going to struggle as he has good competition, a rookie QB & a lousy O-line. And I think he knows that, he followed up with "I’ll hopefully leave the Bears organization better than I found it."
Manufacturing a controversy just to drum up clicks can be damaging to a whole organization. This reporter (and their sports mag) should be locked out of the Bear's locker room.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Reporters are just really bad these days. They would miss the nose on their face if looking in a mirror.

This dude has neither Stafford nor McVay and neither one is even mentioned. You think just maybe that had something to do with Puka's great rookie season?

I personally don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell - especially with a couple other good targets and a rook throwing the ball around.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Not going to happen. And not going to happen in Chicago with a rookie QB.
I do not even think he is that good. Glad he is not a Ram.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
The Bears could start to slow this year and put tremendous pressure on Caleb-- playing in Chicago is no easy task. I think Caleb has high bust potential. At USC-- when the game went poorly-- I saw Caleb fold like a cheap suit.

Tano

Legend
The Bears could start to slow this year and put tremendous pressure on Caleb-- playing in Chicago is no easy task. I think Caleb has high bust potential. At USC-- when the game went poorly-- I saw Caleb fold like a cheap suit.
Must have played terrible all year then when the defense is giving up over 40 points a game.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Yeah after Tavon got paid, he would not take a hit. There were many times that if he turned inside on jet sweeps that he would have gotten quite a few yards but he always ran outside after getting paid and going out of bounds.

He was pretty much worthless once he got paid.
One of Tavon's best plays - was without having the ball!!!
I love this play!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fioVbt7eF8

Tavon Austin, lower right faking the catch....
Stedman Bailey with the return - to the HOUSE !!!! :laugh3:
1719005816734.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't mind seeing a player want to break records. That's just competitive juices flowing. And Odunze and Nacua are friends; they were on the same Washington team at one point.

I have no problem with Odunze. I don't think he's going to break the record, but at least he's going for it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't mind seeing a player want to break records. That's just competitive juices flowing. And Odunze and Nacua are friends; they were on the same Washington team at one point.

I have no problem with Odunze. I don't think he's going to break the record, but at least he's going for it.
That’s the wrong reply imo. Instead he could say he’s going to play his best but setting a record like my friend Puka just did, is a tall order.

I recall Aaron Jusge saying that any time he had to give an interview in college, the coach punished him if he used the words I or Me. That’s a good philosophy for team sports. Humility is underrated.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That’s the wrong reply imo. Instead he could say he’s going to play his best but setting a record like my friend Puka just did, is a tall order.

I recall Aaron Jusge saying that any time he had to give an interview in college, the coach punished him if he used the words I or Me. That’s a good philosophy for team sports. Humility is underrated.

Odunze did say he was going to play his best for his team, to make the Bears a better team. He just stated a goal, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Odunze did say he was going to play his best for his team, to make the Bears a better team. He just stated a goal, and I don't see anything wrong with that.
you already said that. I won’t repeat myself

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
No chance in hell for Odunze. Marvin Harrison Jr on the other hand is already the alpha dog in the Cards otherwise mediocre receiving corps. He should see a ton of targets right out the gate, would not surprise me at all if he beat both Puka records, although I would hate for that to happen.
You forgot the Oompa Loompa trying to throw him the ball.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It will be interesting to see if his former rival QB and he can get on the same page. I still think it's a tall order and a lot of it is going to depend on Caleb who I don't see lighting it up his first year if ever.

Will he get discouraged early on? Will Caleb turn out to be a bust even with all those weapons? Does he have the heart of a lion like Nacua? Does he think it's going to be like college where quality DBs - especially in the PAC are easy prey?

A lot has to unfold for him to succeed on the level of a Puka. None the least is the combination of Staff, McVay, and player/coach Kupp.

I think it's going to be a bumpy ride for the young man.

Still, I hope he does well as I don't really dislike Da Bears.

I hope he falls just short and sucks out loud when we play them.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Some of these new kids lack humility.

Good luck Rome. You will be sharing receptions with some top targets. Caleb’s arm may fall of if he completes enough passes for you to pass Nacua’s record.
I wondered as I read……

when did personal accolades begin getting openly touted over team accomplishments?

I guess apropos that me me me comes out of a diva WR

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Who here thought puka would break the rookie record this time last season?

Not one single person. We were happy if he could contribute any any way.

I didn't pick him in any of my dynasty fantasy teams because I thought he would be a non factor and Van would step up. How stupid am I? Van turned into the invisible man after dropping a simple catch on a long ball in the first game of the season.

So if Rome has the same desire and skill as puka there's no reason he can't do it. Moore is ok and Allen may fall off a cliff. You never know in football.

Just on a side note, boy did the Rams whiff when they didn't pick Allen in the draft. I'm sure they picked some wr that sucked instead. But would Allen have been as good if the Rams had picked him way back? They were a train wreck back then.

There is a reason he can’t do it, he won’t have Matthew Freaking Stafford making those throws.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing that makes this article bad is its a major stretch to call the Bears a rival.

JYB

Starter
His confidence and lofty goals are admirable. But good luck breaking that record with a rookie QB, veteran receivers who are likely to be primary targets, and brutally cold and windy Chicago winters.

I project 600 yards and 5 TDs for Odunze.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
His confidence and lofty goals are admirable. But good luck breaking that record with a rookie QB, veteran receivers who are likely to be primary targets, and brutally cold and windy Chicago winters.

I project 600 yards and 5 TDs for Odunze.
I give him 800 yards but agree with 5 TDs.