Rams needs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
how about rb we have seldom had 3 back that are not injured at the same time. i am just not sure we don't need another rb just because of injuries

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams stand a very good chance to get another late 2021 3rd rd Compensatory selection to go with the one they will get for 2020 UFA Dante Fowler for the loss of Brad Holmes. Thus giving Snead four 2nd day draft picks!
Second Day of Draft
2nd Rams own
3rd Rams own
3rd [compensatory for Fowler]
3rd [compensatory for GM Homes]

Third-Day of Draft
4th [compensatory for Littleton]
6th Rams own
7th Rams own

The Rams will be hit hard in UFA'cy in less than 2 months. On defense Rams must replace two starting OLB'ers, starting defensive signal-caller safety, two starting corners, #1 reserve DE. On offense a starting center, #2 RB, #2 TE & our 3rd wideout.

I do believe that the center for the 2021 season is already here......Kromer has Coleman Shelton & Brian Allen plus consideration of moving either Austin Corbett or the 6-1 7/8th inch tall Tremayne Anchrum to center.

If I was going to draft an OL'er on the 2nd day it would be an LT, not a center. I would think that the top two picks will be defensive an outside corner & an edge rusher/OLB to replace two UFA departed starters. I would hope that the 2021 draft would bring 2 OLB'ers/ 2 corners/ LT/ RB/ speedy deep threat WR.

I have no issues with our Inside LB'ers with Reeder/ Kiser/ Rozeboom & Young/ Howard Moncrief.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Why not Center? I think Austin Corbett can play the position at a high level. Bobby Evans proved today he can play OG. Slide Corbett to C, start Evans at LG, and slide Edwards to RG. We'll have a very physical OL. Brewer, Anchrum, the future LT, and Allen/Shelton will provide depth.
evans got beat worse then blythe today. maybe this is just one game but evans was beaten badly today. also what do you think about spending a middle round pick on a fb. it seems that a lot of the better run teams have a big mean fb. i don't know how mcvays feels about fbs

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
evans got beat worse then blythe today. maybe this is just one game but evans was beaten badly today. also what do you think about spending a middle round pick on a fb. it seems that a lot of the better run teams have a big mean fb. i don't know how mcvays feels about fbs

I saw. No thanks on the FB.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I reckon we'll see a lot of OL drafted in mocks, which is definitely a good thing - however, very few rookies start under McVay. Last year we drafted players to replace entrenched starters - almost a copy of positions drafted McVays first draft.

The only one who started was Fuller and while he played very well, he likely got that job because Rapp went down.

I think it's more realistic that we get an elite OL in FA than it is that we start a rookie - something that McVay has never willingly done.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm hoping we don't have to wait until the middle of March like last year before we know what the 2021 NFL CAP is. I'm reading what appears to be quite a bit of high expectations for a free agency period where it's not only likely that the NFL CAP doesn't grow by our accustomed to $10mil per year, but it may actually decrease by that amount of money or even more. The 2020 Salary CAP was $198.2 mil., imagine how difficult it will be to just maintain our highly paid current players, much less add talented outside free agents, if the CAP is reduced to something closer to $180mil. as projected by Spotrac. Not only do we already face losing highly regarded players of our own who are entering free agency, but the knives will be out to slash current contracts which is likely to result in unexpected player cuts. I suspect we will see more 1 year contracts among veteran free agents than ever before.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
At this point I'm on board with C and WR but I'm not a big fan of relying on rookies and McVay doesn't really do that.
The Rams played more rookies last year than any other time I can remember.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams played more rookies last year than any other time I can remember.

On offense Kupp and Everett played more their rookie years than Akers and Jefferson did.

Jefferson only played due to injury. Akers was clearly our best back but we started with a committee.

McVay has never started a rookie offensive lineman except for injury.

He just doesn't play rookies very much

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He just doesn't play rookies very much
It's just not true. Akers and Jefferson were both big contributors from game #1. Kupp been a primary target since day #1
JJohnson been a starter since rookie year
Ebukam solid contributor since day 1
Oline is not where there is rotation, like WR, or DB's. And being the Rams have been drafting at the back of the rounds, with no 1st round picks, the o-linemen drafted have been more project types.
The only rookie I've seen McVay completely avoid using is Hopkins

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Rams stand a very good chance to get another late 2021 3rd rd Compensatory selection to go with the one they will get for 2020 UFA Dante Fowler for the loss of Brad Holmes. Thus giving Snead four 2nd day draft picks!
Second Day of Draft
2nd Rams own
3rd Rams own
3rd [compensatory for Fowler]
3rd [compensatory for GM Homes]

Third-Day of Draft
4th [compensatory for Littleton]
6th Rams own
7th Rams own

The Rams will be hit hard in UFA'cy in less than 2 months. On defense Rams must replace two starting OLB'ers, starting defensive signal-caller safety, two starting corners, #1 reserve DE. On offense a starting center, #2 RB, #2 TE & our 3rd wideout.

I do believe that the center for the 2021 season is already here......Kromer has Coleman Shelton & Brian Allen plus consideration of moving either Austin Corbett or the 6-1 7/8th inch tall Tremayne Anchrum to center.

If I was going to draft an OL'er on the 2nd day it would be an LT, not a center. I would think that the top two picks will be defensive an outside corner & an edge rusher/OLB to replace two UFA departed starters. I would hope that the 2021 draft would bring 2 OLB'ers/ 2 corners/ LT/ RB/ speedy deep threat WR.

I have no issues with our Inside LB'ers with Reeder/ Kiser/ Rozeboom & Young/ Howard Moncrief.

I threw up in my mouth when you mentioned Brian Allen. Not sure how he could be considered a viable candidate on the NFL level after looking like a redheaded stepchild in his rookie year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's just not true. Akers and Jefferson were both big contributors from game #1. Kupp been a primary target since day #1
JJohnson been a starter since rookie year
Ebukam solid contributor since day 1
Oline is not where there is rotation, like WR, or DB's. And being the Rams have been drafting at the back of the rounds, with no 1st round picks, the o-linemen drafted have been more project types.
The only rookie I've seen McVay completely avoid using is Hopkins

I thought I was just referencing the offense, although even in JJs case it's a little crazy that he didn't start until game 5 and the guy he replaced was cut.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on what "big contributor" means - to me VJ was not a big contributor this year.

Kupp was which I previously acknowledged, and despite Akers clearly being the best back on our team (in hindsight), he started off in a committee.

But I'll acknowledge that Kupp and Akers, had he not gotten hurt, are the two that McVay did/would have leaned on - that's about it on the offensive side of the ball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought I was just referencing the offense, although even in JJs case it's a little crazy that he didn't start until game 5 and the guy he replaced was cut.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on what "big contributor" means - to me VJ was not a big contributor this year.

Kupp was which I previously acknowledged, and despite Akers clearly being the best back on our team (in hindsight), he started off in a committee.

But I'll acknowledge that Kupp and Akers, had he not gotten hurt, are the two that McVay did/would have leaned on - that's about it on the offensive side of the ball.
You can move the goalposts however you like, but the ascertion that McVay doesnt play rookies is just false.
Contributor means exactly that. Van was drafted to be the #4 WR, he wasnt going to supplant Woods or Kupp, and in the first 3 games he had as many targets as the #3 guy Reynolds. He had the opps right out of the gate, wasnt held back because he was a rookie. Akers had almost as many carries (14) as Brown did (18) in the first game.
Everett started the 17 season opener, and had 35-50% of the snaps at TE, that also shows that he was playing.
Alexander beat out Johnson, so what? Johnson took his spot by week 5 and was a starter since. He was a rookie.
'18 draft was nothing to brag about, and Allen and Noteboom got what you would expect, minimal play because they werent better than the starter. You dont rotate o-line, and all 5 oline starters started all 16 games.
19 draft, Henderson would have played, but he dealt with annoying injuries all season. But when he could play, he played
McVay plays who he thinks will help the team, doesnt matter if he's a rookie or otherwise. Making a statement that he doesnt play rookies is just flat out false

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can move the goalposts however you like, but the ascertion that McVay doesnt play rookies is just false.
Contributor means exactly that. Van was drafted to be the #4 WR, he wasnt going to supplant Woods or Kupp, and in the first 3 games he had as many targets as the #3 guy Reynolds. He had the opps right out of the gate, wasnt held back because he was a rookie. Akers had almost as many carries (14) as Brown did (18) in the first game.
Everett started the 17 season opener, and had 35-50% of the snaps at TE, that also shows that he was playing.
Alexander beat out Johnson, so what? Johnson took his spot by week 5 and was a starter since. He was a rookie.
'18 draft was nothing to brag about, and Allen and Noteboom got what you would expect, minimal play because they werent better than the starter. You dont rotate o-line, and all 5 oline starters started all 16 games.
19 draft, Henderson would have played, but he dealt with annoying injuries all season. But when he could play, he played
McVay plays who he thinks will help the team, doesnt matter if he's a rookie or otherwise. Making a statement that he doesnt play rookies is just flat out false

You went from big contributor to contributor there. I acknowledged that we probably have different ideas about what that means - I'm not trying to move the goal posts and this isn't something worth arguing about.

My perspective is that the only offensive rookie that has ever approached starter status for an entire season is Kupp, and offensive linemen (which is why I brought this up) isn't the position group where you see a lot of rotating in and out. IMO a rookie offensive lineman would have to win the job in preseason and I personally don't see that happening unless we find a gem.

It's totally fine if you don't agree - we'll see what happens.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You went from big contributor to contributor there. I acknowledged that we probably have different ideas about what that means - I'm not trying to move the goal posts and this isn't something worth arguing about.

My perspective is that the only offensive rookie that has ever approached starter status for an entire season is Kupp, and offensive linemen (which is why I brought this up) isn't the position group where you see a lot of rotating in and out. IMO a rookie offensive lineman would have to win the job in preseason and I personally don't see that happening unless we find a gem.

It's totally fine if you don't agree - we'll see what happens.
Just as I expected, you moved the goal posts again.
You said McVay doesnt play rookies.
You are wrong.
Plenty of examples proving that is vastly incorrect.
And Jefferson was a big contributor out of the gate, as I said. He had 9 targets in first 3 games, Reynolds had only 8.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just as I expected, you moved the goal posts again.
You said McVay doesnt play rookies.
You are wrong.
Plenty of examples proving that is vastly incorrect.
And Jefferson was a big contributor out of the gate, as I said. He had 9 targets in first 3 games, Reynolds had only 8.

Yikes it's really important for you to be right.

I was wrong. Really not something worth going back and forth about - my original take was that I'd rather address OL in FA because I dont think McVay would start a rookie OL. I'd be happy to be proven wrong about that too if it ends up happening.