Rams like what they are seeing from WR Brian Quick/FSMW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shuie3225

Starter
I estimate him developing and taking a good step this year. That coupled with the fact that Britt is right next to him SHOWING how to use a big body. BQ said he's using his size better and being more physical so I guess we.shall.see.

jap

Legend
I've given up on Quick by now. But great news if he can come on. Regardless this is BS from the coach because Britt is very clearly the most improved player from last yr. He was terrible and did nothing/didn't even try. This yr he's dominating every time he gets the ball in practice. Unless he's talking about just of Rams players from last yr...

Kenny has already flashed his upside in meaningful games: Brian has hardly done so in two seasons. IOW, Kenny has already demonstrated on the NFL stage what he can do while Brian has only provided vague glimpses. I thought it would be obvious that Quick was growing mightily had Sam the Ram remained healthy last season. Hell!, I though we might very well had made the playoffs last season had our signal caller stayed upright.

However, it's not just Quick; I expect Chris Givens, Tavon, and Sted to step up significantly this coming season.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
This just in:
Brian Quick contract extended per source from ESPN:
5 years 13 million a year with play incentives and clause that makes him a option years 4 and 5

RamWoodie

Legend
Folks have no patience...but this is the year for Quick to really come on. It's not like the guy is making a boatload of money though.

I expected more last year from Quick than he produced...but I also noticed after Sam went down Clemens simply had his favorites. There were a few times I noticed he could've had Quick...but it's a comfort thing also.

For Quick to come alive would just make things that much better.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
actually i think britt is that guy. and a great mentor for quick who will teach him how to use his body to win the fight for the ball. the rams know what they're doing with this wr corps.

Why does THIS get an inappropriate? C'mon whoever. The use of inappropriate should be when you think a post should be removed for being.... well... inappropriate. It is not to be used as a disagree or dislike button.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We need for him and Britt to be the starters with Tavon in the slot. That would give us 3 big receivers wth Cook along wth a slot stud. Givens, Pettis and Bailey off the bench and our receiving corps will be fine.
The only problem I have with this is the idea of Tavon being the slot receiver. I hope we don't use him primarily in that position. IMO that won't get him out in space like we would want and personally I think it would show that we didn't learn anything from his successes last season.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
The only problem I have with this is the idea of Tavon being the slot receiver. I hope we don't use him primarily in that position. IMO that won't get him out in space like we would want and personally I think it would show that we didn't learn anything from his successes last season.

I agree in regards to Austin. Just because he's small doesn't mean he's a slot WR. Hopefully he's lined up all over the field including the backfield.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Biggest Depth-Chart Surprises in NFL Minicamps So Far
By Jeff Risdon, Featured Columnist

Brian Quick Rising Up
hi-res-06fff69f28fb85f5a44869e9e72cae0d_crop_north.jpg

The St. Louis Rams raised some eyebrows when they selected wide receiver Brian Quick in the second round of the 2012 NFL draft.

The big-framed Appalachian State wideout sure looked like a major project at the time. During Senior Bowl week, I personally witnessed him looking completely overwhelmed by the increased level of competition. My notes were peppered with phrases like "cannot separate," "lacks concentration" and "ironically named because he has no quickness".

Those apparent struggles carried over early in his Rams career. Despite his lofty draft status, Quick has managed just 29 receptions in his first two seasons. Chris Givens, the team's fourth-round pick in the same draft, flew past him on the depth chart.

Things might finally be clicking for Quick in his third season. As reported by Nick Wagoner of ESPN, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is quite pleased by what he's seen so far:

Probably the most improved player I've seen is Brian Quick. He's doing a great job. Another guy that we're giving an opportunity to, he's competing for playing time and he's made the most of his opportunities. He started today, again just moving guys around in and out of the lineup trying to create competition, and he's stepped up and made a lot of big plays for us.

Even though the team has added enigmatic Kenny Britt and drafted Givens, Austin Pettis, Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey since selecting Quick, right now No. 83 is running with the first team.

This is a make-or-break year for several Rams, including quarterback Sam Bradford. Quick is off to a surprisingly strong start, and if it carries over to the regular season, it will make Bradford's task that much easier, too.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Who is Jeff Risdon @Prime Time ? And where is he featured??

I think he is full of _______ fill in the blank about the make or break year. He was making it just fine last year.

Like what we have been hearing out of Rams OTAs and looking forward to seeing what these guys do in pads. It is time to move up and I think they have the pieces to get it done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Who is Jeff Risdon @Prime Time ? And where is he featured??

I think he is full of _______ fill in the blank about the make or break year. He was making it just fine last year.

Like what we have been hearing out of Rams OTAs and looking forward to seeing what these guys do in pads. It is time to move up and I think they have the pieces to get it done.
I think Risdon is just repeating the old mantra. Yeah it gets kinda tired but it is what it is. You could probably do a quick google to see where this guy is featured. That being said, I personally appreciate someone taking the time to pull these articles and post them. Hell. Even the local guys are largely full of _______ fill in the blank - so there's that. I think we all like what we've been hearing out of camp - especially about BQ and Britt. And I agree - I can't wait to see what these guys do in pads and more so once the games start. In the meantime, I think we all have to figure that these writers don't really have much insight on the Rams. At the same time, anything written about 'em, I want to read.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Risdon is just repeating the old mantra. Yeah it gets kinda tired but it is what it is. You could probably do a quick google to see where this guy is featured. That being said, I personally appreciate someone taking the time to pull these articles and post them. Hell. Even the local guys are largely full of _______ fill in the blank - so there's that. I think we all like what we've been hearing out of camp - especially about BQ and Britt. And I agree - I can't wait to see what these guys do in pads and more so once the games start. In the meantime, I think we all have to figure that these writers don't really have much insight on the Rams. At the same time, anything written about 'em, I want to read.
I enjoy the threads that have some original material all this guy did was quote Wagoner and throw in some blah blah blah.

I know a local guy I trust @CoachO

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I enjoy the threads that have some original material all this guy did was quote Wagoner and throw in some blah blah blah.

I know a local guy I trust ]@CoachO[/B]
Yeah - I do too. I don't necessarily disagree but as is often the case, I still want to see when people are writing about our team. Or other teams for that matter.

ausmurp

Starter
IMO, fans need a #1 WR. The Rams do not. Nice to have, but not necessary for success.

I think Bradford is the one who needs a #1 wr, not the fans. Bradford seems to me to be of the same mold as Stafford, Dalton, etc. A good QB who needs a very talented #1 target to succeed. Not a knock on him, I like Stafford and Dalton as well as Bradford.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
We need for him and Britt to be the starters with Tavon in the slot. That would give us 3 big receivers wth Cook along wth a slot stud. Givens, Pettis and Bailey off the bench and our receiving corps will be fine.

I agree...that's the lineup I would also like to see most on the field too.