Rams Interested in OLB Junior Galette?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah certainly worth a flier. He's had a year to work back from the Achilles injuries. If he can get close to his old self he'd be worth having as a stop gap. A 1 year contract in a Wade Phillips defense with the studs in our backfield would be the perfect opportunity for him to show he still has something to offer in hopes of getting one more contract so high motivation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He was on my pre free agency wants list. He was very good before his injuries. He may not have the same get off with two Achilles, but he should be cheap and it won’t hurt to bring him in and check him out.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This makes a ton of sense. If we get Suh, members of RoD could rotate at OLB and our defense would still be really good.

With the insane amount of DE/OLB tweeners in this draft I would not be surprised if we went WR in the first round

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This makes a ton of sense. If we get Suh, members of RoD could rotate at OLB and our defense would still be really good.

With the insane amount of DE/OLB tweeners in this draft I would not be surprised if we went WR in the first round

I have been saying the same thing. Most don’t think there is a chance that it could be anything other than OLB, NT, or ILB. But losing Sammy could hurt the offense and WR is a need imo. McVay said “it remains to be seen” when asked if Reynolds could fill Sammy’s role. It doesn’t sound like he is convinced. Plus they are talking to WRs in visits. Three likely mid rounders are listed.

Every team tries to fill holes in free agency, so they aren’t going into the draft with must have needs. If a guy like DJ Moore is still available, or Chark it could be tough tompass then up.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Now that would be an unexciting signing.
This Edge Rusher proclaims to be an elite pass rusher.........His His injury history tops Dom Easley easily.He had injury history and character concerns when he came out of college not much has changed.

On August 26,2015, it was announced that he tore his Achilles tendon during practice and would miss the entire 2015 season. He was officially placed on injured reserve on August 31. On November 16, 2015, Galette was suspended for two weeks for violating the league's personal conduct policy, coming from the domestic violence incident back in January. It was announced on July 25 that Galette tore his right Achilles tendon and missed the entire 2016 season.

A single year contract close to that of Easley might be considered.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been saying the same thing. Most don’t think there is a chance that it could be anything other than OLB, NT, or ILB. But losing Sammy could hurt the offense and WR is a need imo. McVay said “it remains to be seen” when asked if Reynolds could fill Sammy’s role. It doesn’t sound like he is convinced. Plus they are talking to WRs in visits. Three likely mid rounders are listed.

Every team tries to fill holes in free agency, so they aren’t going into the draft with must have needs. If a guy like DJ Moore is still available, or Chark it could be tough tompass then up.

Yea. Obviously anything could happen in the draft, but I was blown away by how many undersized DE/OLB there were at the combine. With Barron already being an elite pass defender and now having an elite and very deep secondary, Suh/Donald/Brockers will help make anyone we have at OLB look pretty good. Longacre was up there for a team lead in sacks before he got hurt..

I think WR is more likely now and then in the 3rd I'm confident that there will be an athletic OLB more polished than Ebukam that can rotate as a pass rusher. Especially if we get Galette or another vet.

Ram65

Legend
Didn't get as many sacks but, had more pressures than Quinn at the same position. Would be a good less expensive replacement.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
This Edge Rusher proclaims to be an elite pass rusher.........His His injury history tops Dom Easley easily.

On August 26,2015, it was announced that he tore his Achilles tendon during practice and would miss the entire 2015 season. He was officially placed on injured reserve on August 31. On November 16, 2015, Galette was suspended for two weeks for violating the league's personal conduct policy, coming from the domestic violence incident back in January. It was announced on July 25 that Galette tore his right Achilles tendon and missed the entire 2016 season.

A single year contract close to that of Easley might be considered.
Who knows?
Maybe he would be as effective as, say, Barwin at a lower price.
Bringing back Easley made sense to me.
His role could be really good particularly if Suh is brought in.
Galette could be worth a flier as he had a couple of good seasons.....a couple of Achilles ago.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Worth a flier, as long as we draft youth as well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Who knows?
Maybe he would be as effective as, say, Barwin at a lower price.
Bringing back Easley made sense to me.
His role could be really good particularly if Suh is brought in.
Galette could be worth a flier as he had a couple of good seasons.....a couple of Achilles ago.

What the Rams have now @ ER/OLB'er would make this a large concern, thus I understand the inquiry. I had no issues with SS/ER Conner Barwin last season. I thought he had a decent season myself. But some injuries i.e. broken arm slowed him down. I would prefer that Conner would resign for around a 2 mil deal but I think he will go elsewhere. Another element ongoing @ OLB'er is Matt Longacre coming back from back surgery just adds to the concern.

Snead needs to be aggressive in the draft in securing talented skilled Inside & Outside LB'ers. Get this Defensive unit set up for the future.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I like it, I like how they are thinking. Depending on what he wants money wise, could be a low risk, high reward type of signing.

fearsomefour

Legend
What the Rams have now @ ER/OLB'er would make this a large concern, thus I understand the inquiry. I had no issues with SS/ER Conner Barwin last season. I thought he had a decent season myself. But some injuries i.e. broken arm slowed him down. I would prefer that Conner would resign for around a 2 mil deal but I think he will go elsewhere. Another element ongoing @ OLB'er is Matt Longacre coming back from back surgery just adds to the concern.

Snead needs to be aggressive in the draft in securing talented skilled Inside & Outside LB'ers. Get this Defensive unit set up for the future.
Would much rather have Barwin back than add a guy like Gallete.
Barwin was solid in playing his role.

lockdnram21

Legend

Yea If some how Ridley is there at 23 I think they would take him

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Personally, I'd rather have Gallete then Barwin. I think PFF had Barwin ranked as one of the bottom 5 3-4 OLB's last season. I'm not saying they are the end all be all, but they do a fairly good job of watching tape. Gallette has had a year to recover and, if he gets back to his old form, could be a great signing.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
RotoWorld :

Junior Galette - LB - Free Agent
The Redskins have withdrawn their offer to free agent OLB Junior Galette.

Washington reportedly had a change of heart once other teams showed interest. It's unsurprising the Browns and Rams are among those interested in Galette since he has ties to Browns personnel consultant Scot McCloughan, who brought Galette to Washington, and Rams LB coach Joe Barry, who was Galette's defensive coordinator with the Redskins.
Related: Redskins

Source: Pro Football Talk
Mar 23 - 9:21 AM