Rams hire Rob Ryan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfman84

Rookie
Fisher hired Ryan. Fisher is the head coach. Fisher will decided whether we run a 4-3 or 3-4. Ryan will execute Fisher's wishes. I'm sure in the interview process it was ironed out. Ryan wouldn't have been hired if Fisher didn't believe he was the best man to run the defense he wanted. I have no concern with this hiring.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X, you should totally photoshop a Ryan head on the dude for the week to celebrate our new DC. :bign:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
X, you should totally photoshop a Ryan head on the dude for the week to celebrate our new DC. :bign:
Sacrilege!!!!!!!!

Ram_of_Old

I got an idea! Now that we have hired Ryan, we should draft Te'o and tell him Ryan, with his long flowing locks, has the hots for him! The kid will probably believe it!...

Too Much? Sorry...its Friday! :sly: :lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram_of_Old said:
I got an idea! Now that we have hired Ryan, we should draft Te'o and tell him Ryan, with his long flowing locks, has the hots for him! The kid will probably believe it!...

I think Teo could do better. :grin:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
Ram_of_Old said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.
I THINK WE CAN DO BETTER. Lots of OLB i like better..
train

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I hope he does well. In fairness Dallas did have tons of injury issues on defense last year. So be intresting to see what happens. I doubt Fisher gonna revamp his defense that much.

Ram_of_Old

I am still very interested in whether he will use the 3-4 or the 4-3 defense. Anyone got a clue?

Ram_of_Old

X said:
Ram_of_Old said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

True....maybe Rob will have his gut tied up like his brother. Lord, I hope this does not set our defense back... :bummed:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It is gonna be interesting. Quinn is definitely going to be standing up some I believe. Maybe CL also. I expect Fish to give Ryan some leeway at first but if shit ain't working he better reel his big ass in.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
classicpony said:
:omg: WTF? he is a 3-4 man!
Nah. He ran a 4-3 in Oakland, and he'll be running a 4-3 here.
It'z all gud.

DeaconJ

Rookie
I really think this '4-3 vs 3-4' is getting a bit overblown in that an experienced defensive coordinator will be able to adjust schemes to the personnel available. Ryan has used a variety of defensive alignments which include elements of both basic schemes. Here's a bit I found on his time with the Browns as written from a pre-season (2011) Cowboys perspective.......

http://thedctimes.com/2011/02/rob-ryans-defensive-fronts-the-46-psycho-and-cloud/

Of course, the Fish has the last word on what schemes are used so it's not like Ryan's coming in to blow up what's already been built. I'm looking forward to a top 10, or better yet, top 5 D this year......with Ryantude added! What say ye?

/Headslap/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DeaconJ said:
I really think this '4-3 vs 3-4' is getting a bit overblown in that an experienced defensive coordinator will be able to adjust schemes to the personnel available. Ryan has used a variety of defensive alignments which include elements of both basic schemes. Here's a bit I found on his time with the Browns as written from a pre-season (2011) Cowboys perspective.......

http://thedctimes.com/2011/02/rob-ryans-defensive-fronts-the-46-psycho-and-cloud/

Of course, the Fish has the last word on what schemes are used so it's not like Ryan's coming in to blow up what's already been built. I'm looking forward to a top 10, or better yet, top 5 D this year......with Ryantude added! What say ye?

/Headslap/
Yeah, I agree. At worst it'll be a hybrid, but in no way does Fisher try to force a scheme upon players if they're not ideally suited to execute it. The 4-6 would be pretty cool though. Too many cats on this defensive coaching staff have familiarity with it. Who wouldn't like to see an 85 Bears-type defense, eh?

And yeah, I expect a bit of a jump in the defensive standings this year as well.

BTW. Welcome to the board, Mr. Jones.

DeaconJ

Rookie
Thanks, Dude. I've been lurking here this past year and I've got to say this is probably my favorite Rams board.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DeaconJ said:
Thanks, Dude. I've been lurking here this past year and I've got to say this is probably my favorite Rams board.
Hey, what a coincidence.

Mine too! :bg:

Ram_of_Old

DeaconJ said:

Yup, the best I have found also. Good folks